Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nprussell

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
VillainROM 5.5.0

This is the latest version of VillainROM - version 5.5.0

Important Info:

As of Today, VillainROM will use a highly optimized, zip-aligned version of the STOCK HTC ROSIE. Authorised VillainROM themes will soon be available as OTA updates (yey).

A lot of hard work goes into these roms. If you like our work, please consider making a small donation.

To the ROM:

- Multi-Language (Keyboard Only I am told)
- Good 3D Performance (Further improved in 5.5)
- Gallery 3D 100% working (Speed & rotate fixed)
- Apps2SD working
- Streaming works perfectly
- VillainROM custom splash screen (you'll only see it once or twice
- Stock Rosie
- VillainROM Wallpaper
- Syncing works flawlessly
- Extra Special HTC Keyboard with Voice Input & LOADS of options
- All hardware working as it should
- No graphical glitches anywhere
- Busybox
- Rooted
- Huge APN list
- VPN
- Launcher 2 works - just push it.
- LIVE WALLPAPERS WORK WITH SENSE (Use optional patch)
- Network Location working 100%
- All apps in market

KNOWN ISSUES/FYI:

- MMS Issue exists, fix is available within the forum (just search)
- Split messages (Hotfix coming soon - two of us are working on this)
- No Voicemail indication

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

VillainROM 5.5.0

IMPORTANT INFO!

Thanks: To ALL the VillainROM Mod/admin/dev team & the various devs which have helped me in the past.

You may or may not be aware, VillainROM has its own kitchen, created by our very own Kendon.

OTA INFO

The OTA tool is now far more stable than it was at launch. All hotfixes & updates to this ROM will be made available OTA.

PLEASE BE AWARE: If your Phone is connected as a disk drive via USB, OTA UPDATER WILL FC.

Last edited:

damageless

Jan 18, 2009
All,

First things first:

This is a VERY EARLY ALPHA. It's been ported over from the latest CDMA Sprint Hero, and it's being referred to as a FINAL test build.

NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING

DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM EXPECTING IT TO BE COMPLETE. I'M WELL AWARE THAT IT ISN'T.

Who should flash this ROM?

- Anyone willing to help find all of the bugs/not working HW.
- Any developers looking to help

Definitely Working/Current Features:

- Calls in and out
- EXTREMELY FAST
- Data Connection
- Network Location
- Automatic Brightness
- All apps in market
- Very interesting 2.1 Rosie layout (I don't know if the guys over on the CDMA forums themed this or not...)
- All 2.1 Goodies expected (Friendstream etc)

Known Bugs right now:

- WIFI DEFINITELY DOES NOT WORK
- Graphical glitch when sending contact types

GPS & Bluetooth are untested

I am currently working on the fixes for this ROM. If you're a developer and find the fixes, please contact me...

CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD LINK

Special thanks to:

Pulser, Behnam, RaiderX, Kendong, LennyUK and the guy that set up the bug tracker, whose name evades me.

Guessing this is from my release then

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Sounds great, really looking forward to trying it. Think I'm gonna wait to read some feedback from the more adventurous guys before I flash it though :p

incomer

Nov 14, 2009
Nijkerk
any idea how to ifx the wifi? i can try it ;)(maybe you can copy > past the fix behnaam send you?

Last edited:

Gipsyboy

Mar 27, 2010
Sarpsborg
should I avoid..

Clearly this is a port from cdma hero, I am on v4b2 right now and was not reflecting if it was a port for cdma or gsm, witch one is it ? Am I going to suffer any slowdowns in internet connection using the villain rom series... ? since the gsm radios utilize hsdpa they are suposed to give you quite a speed improvement for the internet connection right ?:confused:

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Clearly this is a port from cdma hero, I am on v4b2 right now and was not reflecting if it was a port for cdma or gsm, witch one is it ? Am I going to suffer any slowdowns in internet connection using the villain rom series... ? since the gsm radios utilize hsdpa they are suposed to give you quite a speed improvement for the internet connection right ?:confused:

This is a GSM ROM. It's been ported FROM a CDMA ROM, which is why there will be some hardware bugs at first, but this is definitely meant for GSM Heros.

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Am I being over optimistic, but as this is a Hero build (albeit a CDMA one) does this mean we can use the kernal? Do we final have a kernal that won't kill our batteries?

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Am I being over optimistic, but as this is a Hero build (albeit a CDMA one) does this mean we can use the kernal? Do we final have a kernal that won't kill our batteries?

A bit optimistic :) I wouldn't try it, as it won't work, and it can apparently cause damage by frying your radio.

So don't try it, unless someone reliable can confirm why it would be different, and safe...

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Anyone fancy an untested potential (but unlikely) solution to no wifi?

The download has not been tried, will likely bootloop, but if you fancy trying it, nandroid first!

At your own risk: www.villainrom.co.uk/trythis-signed.zip

@damageless:

you got any ideas what could be causing our wifi not to work? Coming up wifi driver not initialised or something like that in logcat.

lozfromcorby

Jan 13, 2010
hello, just a quick message before i go bed

rom is really go so far, only bugs ive noticed are:

already said, no wifi
same gallery rotation bug
and the accelorometer doesnt seem to work
oh yes and i just got a force close on the weather widget.

its totally stable and fast apart from that

cheers and night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone tell if this worked after they installed this on there cdma hero, for some reason I installed the zip but it Stayed on the Htc Boot Screen and that was it! Someone Help Please! As far as I know this is compatible with Sprint. Right?

No No No!

:eek:

This is the Hero GSM section, NOT CDMA! :eek:

It's not compatible with sprint.

It's also an ancient thread. You should go to recovery and reflash a CDMA Hero ROM.