[ROM][04/28/11] TMOUS G2 Gingerbread 2.13.531.5 Untouched (from TEST leak)

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This is a flashable ROM from generated from 911 Sniper's Vision_Gingerbread_S_TMOUS_2.13.531.5_Radio_12.52.60.25_26.08.04.30_M3_test_184611, which is NOT a Sense ROM. This is an update (albeit a TEST version) to the stock ROM included with the G2, which is compatible with the DesireZ. It includes all applications and original vendor configuration. In other words, it is untouched with the exception of the following:

• Rooted with my customized version of Superuser (required until ChainsDD releases a version with my patches).
  • Busybox installed in /system/xbin.
  • De-odexed (was released that way).
Anyone building ROMs is welcome to use this as a base. Thanks to 911 Sniper for providing the base ROM.

Disclaimer: This is a one-time release. Unless a problem can be identified with the changes mentioned above (rooting, deodexing, etc), it will not be updated or supported. In other words, use this as-is or find a ROM which uses this release as its' base if you would like support and/or expect to see changes.

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button if my work ends up being useful to you.

(MD5:b19aab7b2e363025bda6305f763b0056)​

Last edited:

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
This is a flashable ROM from generated from 911 Sniper's Vision_Gingerbread_S_TMOUS_2.13.531.5_Radio_12.52.60.25_26.08.04.30_M3_test_184611, which is NOT a Sense ROM. This is an update (albeit a TEST version) to the stock ROM included with the G2, which is compatible with the DesireZ. It includes all applications and original vendor configuration. In other words, it is untouched with the exception of the following:

• Rooted with my customized version of Superuser (required until ChainsDD releases a version with my patches).
Anyone building ROMs is welcome to use this as a base. Thanks to 911 Sniper for providing the base ROM.

Disclaimer: This is a one-time release. Unless a problem can be identified with the changes mentioned above (rooting, deodexing, etc), it will not be updated or supported. In other words, use this as-is or find a ROM which uses this release as its' base if you would like support and/or expect to see changes.

This is deodexed?

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
So is this a sign a gingerbread update for G2 is finally coming?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
However it came its badazz... has swype! So I'm assuming the radio is for US as well? Effin sweet

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

ra990

Mar 13, 2011
Just flashed this and the new radio...pretty good so far.

Noticing some erratic behavior with the lights on the soft buttons...sometimes they are off when they should be on. But they turn on after a second or two, so it's not that bad.

Last edited:

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
finally, something more reliable for me :) i noticed the softkey lighting not on when suppose to but they go on after a couple second, same for keyboard.. but is not a deal breaker for me. everything else is great.

edit- nevermind, lights seem to come on only when light sensor is covered. which makes sense since youll be in a low lighting area, but when its in the light they are off. seem convenient to me and not have them on all the time and bright like CM roms. overall, perfect now.

Last edited:

kenshinz

Sep 12, 2007

thanks a lot!!

stealthee

Dec 15, 2007
is this supposed to work on the G2. because when i installed it all i got was a bunch of force closes and a big black screen. and i used rom manager and told it to wipe dvak and cashe. I did not flash the new radio... is that that problem? just tried the double shot rom and it too force closes on everything after wipe and install.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• De-odexed (was released that way).

After using this rom for a solid 2 days with heavy use I am far far beyond impressed, I'm basically knocked out. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that this is a stock rom with no overclock and IMHO runs better than any other rom for this phone, and I have run them all. I use as close to the same config as possible on each rom so that they can be somewhat comparable. For what its worth which isn't much, I HIGHLY recommend this rom. It hits all the major points. OUTSTANDING battery life. Snappier than all hell on earth. Boots fast. Does not lag after hours of use.

I cannot even wait for the final on this. If its anything like this, this might be the only cell phone with a stock rom that I would recommend to my non-tech savvy friends.

Btw: Using the test radio that came with this also.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App
    I think it's because:

-Perfect hardware support thanks to HTC libraries
    -Lightness of rom thanks to aosp (no Sense)
    -Native speed of rom thanks to Gingerbread

It's the perfect combination.

Just my thoughts...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA App
    what makes the trackpad wake work on the other gingerbread roms?

I guess you are talking about CM based ROMs? If so, CM uses "old" kernel, not the one that comes with latest GB leaks.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App