[ROM] 043009 -- 'LouzeBerry' 6.5 -- standard TF3d, Fuzeberry, Build 21500

Search This thread

pirgas

Nov 16, 2006
Hi Lou
i flashed 041709B already and my phone is Touch Pro. Everything (including GPS) is working very well. I don't know what changes you did but all are ok in this version
Thanks a lot again

John

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
DWNY - I'm still not 100 percent sure I understand what you're looking for with Audiomanager -- Are you just looking for a lnk in the Start Menu that would open up the TF3D Music Tab? Or are you looking for something that would take you straight to what you get when you hit "Library" from the music tab? Or maybe a VGA version of this: http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/download-htc-audio-manager-v1-2-515-718.html ?

I'm looking around for a good black TSK and haven't found one I like much yet -- a few that are part of nice black themes for Titanium, but that seem to make the bars gray on apps that don't recognize the transparency. If you know of a good one, point the way, and I'll include it. I'm using the "Rock and Republic black" that comes with this, and I generally like the way it pairs with the rest.

Haven't had time to play with those two applications you mention in 1 yet. I've been using Advanced Config to change my TF3D tabs, and usually disable the weather Tab (I use a commercial application for weather myself). But I'll check into all of it when I get a chance, and if I can get them working well, I'll include them.

Another new build coming tonight with some minor new goodies -- Tachi-style notifications (uninstallable), new Comm manager, new power-off dialogue, maybe some other minor additions. Keyboard and non-keyboard versions.

Last edited:

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
DWNY - I'm still not 100 percent sure I understand what you're looking for with Audiomanager -- Are you just looking for a lnk in the Start Menu that would open up the TF3D Music Tab? Or are you looking for something that would take you straight to what you get when you hit "Library" from the music tab?

Yes....the highlighted is what I'm looking for.

Adv.Config that comes with your ROM allows changing TF3D's tabs.

HTC WeatherMaster Rhodium will allow you to add cities that aren't included in the weatherbase.

In the settings tab.....when you select "All Settings," it takes you directly to "Connections (start > settings > connections > connections)" instead of Settings

Last edited:

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
HTC WeatherMaster Rhodium will allow you to add cities that aren't included in the weatherbase.

Aha ... I think I see your problem with WeatherMaster. This isn't the Rhodium version of TF3D, so the Rhodium version of WeatherMaster isn't the one you want. I haven't tested it, but as far as I know, this version (1.3) should work.

I'll test it myself as well, and if all looks good, it'll be in my new (probably tonight, maybe tomorrow morning) build.

Re: The connections/settings thing -- Indeed it does. Never noticed that before. Not sure how to fix it, but I'll investigate.

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
Aha ... I think I see your problem with WeatherMaster. This isn't the Rhodium version of TF3D, so the Rhodium version of WeatherMaster isn't the one you want. I haven't tested it, but as far as I know, this version (1.3) should work.

I'll test it myself as well, and if all looks good, it'll be in my new (probably tonight, maybe tomorrow morning) build.

Re: The connections/settings thing -- Indeed it does. Never noticed that before. Not sure how to fix it, but I'll investigate.

No No No.....The version I listed is the working version!

Your have more Rhodium in your TF3D than you think...which is cool with me.
Its just a little confusing on which tools to use to make changes. That's where trial and error comes in....hence, developers forum.

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
No No No.....The version I listed is the working version!

Your have more Rhodium in your TF3D than you think...which is cool with me.
Its just a little confusing on which tools to use to make changes. That's where trial and error comes in....hence, developers forum.

OK, well that's confusing ... it's definitely just the original version of TF3D here (you really can't have just pieces of one and pieces of the other) ... lemme try the same thing when I get home ...

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
Not sure what to tell you ... I just downloaded Weathermaster 1.3 (not the Rhodium version, but the one intended for the original TF3D) and it worked just fine. Had no problem adding my hometown. No errors. I'll include it in the new ROM, but I'll make it uninstallable, so if you still find the Rhodium version works better for you, you can always replace it.

gratian556

Feb 1, 2009
I flashed 041709b and loved it but GPS was DOA. I then flashed 041809 and have been testing all the functions I normally use for the last two days. GPS is rock solid w/ lock <15secs. and this includes powering up the GPS hardware!
I don't even have to use Chartcross GPStest to kickstart the GPS anymore. (I never liked the HTC GPS tool) I use tomtom7 and Google maps.
I have tried everyway I can to break this ROM but it runs like a champ.
Great idea to use standard manila with 6.5. No clock bugs, great functionality. Until the standard titanium ui gets better developed with plug-ins (no multiple cities for weather yet!) I would stay w/ standard manila. A stable rhodium would be sweet but I haven't seen it yet.
I've tried a number of 6.1 ROMs as well as 6.5 and this is the first one I haven't had an itch to upgrade.
Next I'm going to see how long it will go w/o a reset.
Great work chef!

By the way, the weather cities editor that always works for me on standard manila is attached.

Attachments

• HTCWeatherMaster1.0_non-Read_Only.cab
    380.7 KB · Views: 5

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
New version uploading (links already there, try after 6:30 a.m. EST), including a version of Weathermaster that works with this version of TF3D.

Tested myself and confirmed that TF3D Config gets errors (probably incompatible with 6.5), so that's still not included. But you can use Adv. Config to pick your TF3D tabs.

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
How's the speed? Battery?

All,

Hi...looks from the postings that this Louzeberry 6.5 ROM is stable and very useable.

Was wondering how the speed is? Like menu selections, loading filemanager, etc. Battery too? Just looking for opinions on this.

Also, anyone using the PointUI GUI? It is awesome TF3D is good PointUI is greazt.

Why ask? Currently using EnergyROM 2.0 041609 and gotta say, that ROM is super fast but it is WM6.1 and looking to try out WM6.5.

Any info on the above and more would be great!

Thank you,

malloy0

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
Performance is very good -- 21500 is a nice, speedy build. And the Titanium interface should (theoretically) be a little faster in the ROM I'm working on now, probably to be released sometime late-night tonight.

Battery life has been very solid in most recent 6.5 ROMs, including this one. Much better than in 6.1. MS seems to have made some nice improvements on that front.

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
How's the speed? Battery?

Performance is very good -- 21500 is a nice, speedy build. And the Titanium interface should (theoretically) be a little faster in the ROM I'm working on now, probably to be released sometime late-night tonight.

Battery life has been very solid in most recent 6.5 ROMs, including this one. Much better than in 6.1. MS seems to have made some nice improvements on that front.

Thanks...getting ready to flash soon, the 'Canes are on at 7:30 pm vs the Devils, so it may wait. Meanwhile, is there the button mapping option in this ROM? Sorry, perhaps a silly detail, but do not want to find this out and it be no, AFTER the fact.

For what I mean fo to the Da_G ROM link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=446652 and check out the first graphic or see below.

malloy0

Attachments

• ButtonMap.jpg
    ButtonMap.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
There is indeed button mapping available.

Strike what I said about the Titanium getting faster in the coming build -- there won't be any real change there. But there will be a little more space free. Just a few megs. New build won't be up until very late tonight, though, maybe 2-3 a.m. EST.

Here's what to expect:
Fuzeberry theme for 6.5 will be cooked right in, instead of installed as a cab during initialization. A few extra megs free on the device because I've better-compressed the images used in the theme (and made other tweaks elsewhere in the ROM). New Welcomehead. Version with the KB will again have the apps that are currently omitted.

Nothing too earth-shattering. No real reason to wait unless you really want both the HTC keyboard and the full compliment of apps all cooked in.

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
Fast...

There is indeed button mapping available.

Strike what I said about the Titanium getting faster in the coming build -- there won't be any real change there. But there will be a little more space free. Just a few megs. New build won't be up until very late tonight, though, maybe 2-3 a.m. EST.

Here's what to expect:
Fuzeberry theme for 6.5 will be cooked right in, instead of installed as a cab during initialization. A few extra megs free on the device because I've better-compressed the images used in the theme (and made other tweaks elsewhere in the ROM). New Welcomehead. Version with the KB will again have the apps that are currently omitted.

Nothing too earth-shattering. No real reason to wait unless you really want both the HTC keyboard and the full compliment of apps all cooked in.

WS,

Wow, fast response on the button mapping. Thanks.

For FuzeBerry, sadly I am not a fan of this theme, hoping I can "turn it off"? Straight black is fine for me with maybe a nice background. Make sense?

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
WS,

Wow, fast response on the button mapping. Thanks.

For FuzeBerry, sadly I am not a fan of this theme, hoping I can "turn it off"? Straight black is fine for me with maybe a nice background. Make sense?

Sorry, I'm a fan so it's there :)

BUT -- On the builds that are currently posted, Fuzeberry for the 6.5 interface can be uninstalled (that won't be possible starting with the coming build). However, the Fuzeberry TF3D interface is cooked in and can't be removed (although it could be replaced if you install another theme over it)..

malloy0

Jan 23, 2006
Raleigh, NC
www.myccvc.com
FuzeBerry

Sorry, I'm a fan so it's there :)

BUT -- On the builds that are currently posted, Fuzeberry for the 6.5 interface can be uninstalled (that won't be possible starting with the coming build). However, the Fuzeberry TF3D interface is cooked in and can't be removed (although it could be replaced if you install another theme over it)..

Got it! That's a Chef's perogative. :)

Again thanks for being so responsive given you're trying to get an update posted.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Will be flashing this asap. Quick question though:
On the 6.5 interface, is there anyway to change the background wallpaper? Im not too familar with the 6.5 interface. I know you have the fuzeberry theme going for the 6.5 interface and thats fine but anyway to just change the background image? I know its easy in tf3d of course, just not sure how it is with this new 6.5 interface. Talking about the titanium interface of course. Thanks!

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Love how u give us the option of using the tf3d interface along with the new 6.5. Most chefs stick with the tf3d2 which makes no sense to me since the 6.5 interface will be the standard towards the end of this year. I bet the end of this year no one will really be using the tf3d2 interface anymore and when the touch pro 2 comes out it will probably just have the 6.5 setup on it anyways. Ive never had a problem with tf3d, thats the main reason why i dumped my att tilt for a fuze! Theres always always room for improvement of course, just dont see much promise in all this time takin for tf3d2 when 6.5 will be the standard soon enough.

Wordsmith9091

Nov 16, 2008
Will be flashing this asap. Quick question though:
On the 6.5 interface, is there anyway to change the background wallpaper? Im not too familar with the 6.5 interface. I know you have the fuzeberry theme going for the 6.5 interface and thats fine but anyway to just change the background image? I know its easy in tf3d of course, just not sure how it is with this new 6.5 interface. Talking about the titanium interface of course. Thanks!

Yup. Go to Settings-today and select the option on the bottom of the screen, or use the pictures/videos application, and select "set as today wallpaper" (or similar, don't have the device right in front of me right now).