[ROM][05/20][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP7T][STABLE]

Search This thread

direwolf1

Several people reported that on telegram. Me included but nothing seems to happen. Tried PE but too buggy at that time. Lineage also has same problem. Had to go back to oos as I need auto to work.
I have been able to get Android Auto working on YAAP using the following steps:
  1. Install dora kernel (I think most builds should work... 2.0 stable certainly does). I like John's kernel (the one that ships with YAAP), but I wasn't able to get Android Auto working on it
  2. On your phone go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Android Auto -> Advanced -> Additional settings in the app
  3. Tap the blue "Connect a Car" button
  4. Plug your phone into the car
  5. Start Android Auto on your car
You may have to disconnect and reconnect the cable a few (or more) times, but it eventually worked for me. I still usually have to disconnect and reconnect the cable a couple times before Android Auto will start, but I always get it working eventually, and it's continued to work for the duration of my drives.

Reactions: josdehaes

direwolf1

so how do i update without formatting? sideload??

Sideload should work, but I always use fastboot, which I find significantly faster and more reliable. Here's what I do:
  1. Download the latest version from Codebucket, making sure you download the file ending in "-img.zip".
  2. If you need Magisk, extract boot.img from the file and patch it with Magisk, keeping the patched file handy for later
  3. Reboot your device to the bootloader (not to fastbootd)
  4. Optionally, switch slots. Run fastboot getvar current-slot to see whether you're currently on slot a or b; then run fastboot --set-active=b (replacing "b" with whatever you're not currently on--so if getvar current-slot returns b, set-active to a, and vice-versa)
  5. fastboot update --skip-reboot --skip-secondary YAAP-11-Rocinante-hotdogb-20210807-img.zip (replacing the name of the file as necessary with the name of the file you downloaded in step 1)
  6. If you need Magisk, flash the patched boot image from step 2 using fastboot flash boot magisk-patched-boot.img
  7. Reboot

Hvlios

May 26, 2017
Sideload should work, but I always use fastboot, which I find significantly faster and more reliable. Here's what I do:
  1. Download the latest version from Codebucket, making sure you download the file ending in "-img.zip".
  2. If you need Magisk, extract boot.img from the file and patch it with Magisk, keeping the patched file handy for later
  3. Reboot your device to the bootloader (not to fastbootd)
  4. Optionally, switch slots. Run fastboot getvar current-slot to see whether you're currently on slot a or b; then run fastboot --set-active=b (replacing "b" with whatever you're not currently on--so if getvar current-slot returns b, set-active to a, and vice-versa)
  5. fastboot update --skip-reboot --skip-secondary YAAP-11-Rocinante-hotdogb-20210807-img.zip (replacing the name of the file as necessary with the name of the file you downloaded in step 1)
  6. If you need Magisk, flash the patched boot image from step 2 using fastboot flash boot magisk-patched-boot.img
  7. Reboot
fastboot: unknown option -- skip-reboot

??

direwolf1

fastboot: unknown option -- skip-reboot

??
You're probably using an old version of Android platform tools. That said, the skip-reboot flag isn't necessary. It just prevents the device from immediately rebooting after the update so you can flash your magisk patched boot.img if you like. But you could always just let it reboot, then reboot to bootloader again, and flash your magisk patched image.

Hvlios

May 26, 2017
You're probably using an old version of Android platform tools. That said, the skip-reboot flag isn't necessary. It just prevents the device from immediately rebooting after the update so you can flash your magisk patched boot.img if you like. But you could always just let it reboot, then reboot to bootloader again, and flash your magisk patched image.
I downloaded the platform tools just now and it says the same??

josdehaes

Oct 25, 2009
I have been able to get Android Auto working on YAAP using the following steps:
  1. Install dora kernel (I think most builds should work... 2.0 stable certainly does). I like John's kernel (the one that ships with YAAP), but I wasn't able to get Android Auto working on it
  2. On your phone go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Android Auto -> Advanced -> Additional settings in the app
  3. Tap the blue "Connect a Car" button
  4. Plug your phone into the car
  5. Start Android Auto on your car
You may have to disconnect and reconnect the cable a few (or more) times, but it eventually worked for me. I still usually have to disconnect and reconnect the cable a couple times before Android Auto will start, but I always get it working eventually, and it's continued to work for the duration of my drives.
Thanks, with yaap stock kernel it did not work, but with Dora kernel it just worked by connecting the phone to the car, nothing special needed. Happy.

Edit: with Dora kernel fingerprint doesn't work. However I just saw on telegram that John's kernel 1.0 had working Android auto. I flashed that and now fingerprint and auto are working 😁

Last edited:

pomi00

Aug 10, 2021
NOTE: You must clean flash and format data/internal storage to f2fs.
Custom kernels will need to explicitly support YAAP for new userdata changes.

Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
• Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above
• Flash magisk and enable magisk hide
• Reboot
• Verify if you have L1 working using app like drm info
• Local upgrade OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above
• Reboot
• Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well

Note: you only need to do this once
can any one help out with these steps

1 flash oos 11 stable ..can some one tell how to flash it..as i understood its not local upgrade its via fastboot or custom recovery like twrp etc..i tried twrp but its not reading local storage.. can some one help with step 1 and 2 .how to flash oos 11 n magisk..thankx

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
can any one help out with these steps

1 flash oos 11 stable ..can some one tell how to flash it..as i understood its not local upgrade its via fastboot or custom recovery like twrp etc..i tried twrp but its not reading local storage.. can some one help with step 1 and 2 .how to flash oos 11 n magisk..thankx

pomi00

Aug 10, 2021
hi thanks for the update .

i think there is no OOS11 fastboot rom there in given links

i have already have this file
10.0.6-GLOBAL-OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.08_OTA_008_all_1911061912_8f625-FASTBOOT.
will this help if i flash all this n then local upgrade to OOS11 ?
or i have to take all OOS 11 file via payload dumper and istall by commands then install magisk n then local upgrade again?
kindly help

phenodev

Feb 6, 2017
huh
OnePlus 7T

appreciation post

i must confess this is the best performing rom i have used in my op7t thank you for this rom. The post #425 was very helpful, stable built works fine but lack customization, the refresh rate on ambient display is 90 that's concerning but even with that idle battery drain is less than 3%/hr, love the stability of the rom.

R_Sarker

May 12, 2018
I installed popular custom ROM like Derpfast for good gaming experience in my op7t. My gaming experience in oos11 was going worst because of FPS drop. But can't play pubg in Derpfast ROM it's continuesly showing storage access not available, but I access permission properly while lunching pubg. Same goes to COD, it's crushing after lunching.
then I flashed DOT OS but same happen here too.
Any expert please help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-155705738.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-155705738.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20210926-160250092.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-160250092.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 21

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I installed popular custom ROM like Derpfast for good gaming experience in my op7t. My gaming experience in oos11 was going worst because of FPS drop. But can't play pubg in Derpfast ROM it's continuesly showing storage access not available, but I access permission properly while lunching pubg. Same goes to COD, it's crushing after lunching.
then I flashed DOT OS but same happen here too.
Any expert please help me
Try Dora kernel (non-sdcardfs)

CraigHardy

Jan 15, 2008
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 8 Pro
install appmanager; find the game in the list turn off scoped storage

or adb

Disable:
adb shell cmd appops set your-package-name android:legacy_storage allow && \
adb shell am force-stop your-package-name

Enable:
adb shell cmd appops set your-package-name android:legacy_storage default && \
adb shell am force-stop your-package-name

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607597427911.png
    YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads

Hotdogb (OP7T): Download Link | Google Drive Mirror | SHA256SUM

Follow us on Telegram for updates and faster(?) responses
    Chat
    Updates

How to flash using fastbootd:-
    • Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
      Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Check this by using the command
      Code:
      fastboot getvar is-userspace
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system

ROM OS Version: Android 11

XDA:DevDB Information
    Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
    OmkarTheAndroid, idoybh, poad42
    Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware : OOS 11 Global Stable
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-14
    Last Updated 2021-05-20
    Huge update this week, check second post for changelog

NOTE: You must clean flash and format data/internal storage to f2fs.
    Custom kernels will need to explicitly support YAAP for new userdata changes.

Verizon and other sub mvnos should work now

Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
    • Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above
    • Flash magisk and enable magisk hide
    • Reboot
    • Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well

Note: you only need to do this once
    New build is up with May SPL merged, updated display modes, fixed off-screen hotword and other fixes all around
    New build is up fixing almost everything that was wrong with previous release, although there won't be any OTA for today's release as we are switching back to standard A/B.
    Dump latest build, flash recovery from it, then use fastbootd or adb sideload either is fine
    New build is up with old haptic stack and fixed nfc wakelock and other general improvements. Read Changelog for more info.