[ROM][05/20][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP7T][STABLE]

Search This thread
I'm waiting for that 🤣... I have not read yet that anyone has the new update on TMobile... I'm going to do the conversion method and just wait until someone uploads it.

I'll look into it. If it hasn't turned up somewhere by the time I restore mine to stock again, I'll give it a go.

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
Only issue I've had so far may be hardware related, not sure. While I have a USB C controller connected, I can't use the charging port on the controller to also charge the phone while I'm using the controller input. It disconnects the controller and charges the phone. Pass through charging, I think its called.

The intended function of the port on the controller is to charge while playing. Small issue, great ROM regardless. The controller is a Razer Kishi.

strapdad

Apr 17, 2019
Only issue I've had so far may be hardware related, not sure. While I have a USB C controller connected, I can't use the charging port on the controller to also charge the phone while I'm using the controller input. It disconnects the controller and charges the phone. Pass through charging, I think its called.

The intended function of the port on the controller is to charge while playing. Small issue, great ROM regardless. The controller is a Razer Kishi.
xda isn't letting the log upload, heres a link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1thGavBjFkynkXXuxW42qVgV5CQ1lRkV7/view?usp=sharing

edit: after flashing StatiXOS the problem was fixed, which makes me assume it's caused by MTP.

Last edited:

sortakinda

Dec 21, 2010
Spokane
Am I missing something or does this ROM not have facial recognition? I am used to ROMs that have it. It's certainly not a deal breaker, as there is a lot to love in YAAP, but that's a feature I'd really like to have back. :)

Am I missing something or does this ROM not have facial recognition? I am used to ROMs that have it. It's certainly not a deal breaker, as there is a lot to love in YAAP, but that's a feature I'd really like to have back. :)

Face recognition is an OOS-only feature for now. Google has pulled it from their own builds for the time being, so you won't find it in most AOSP-based ROMs, if any at all. I don't remember the reason why. But a lot of manufacturer-skinned A10/11 ROMs might still have it. Just depends on the phone.

Reactions: sortakinda

sortakinda

Dec 21, 2010
Spokane
Face recognition is an OOS-only feature for now. Google has pulled it from their own builds for the time being, so you won't find it in most AOSP-based ROMs, if any at all. I don't remember the reason why. But a lot of manufacturer-skinned A10/11 ROMs might still have it. Just depends on the phone.
Thanks, I figured as much after doing a bit of Google searching. I really like this ROM though, so I think I can make do with fingerprint. Oh, and I'll Google this as well, but can you think of why I don't have my Sonos controls on my lockscreen when it's playing? I am sure I've seen it available on other ROMs, and can't think why it wouldn't be supported on Pixel-style ROMs. I am using a custom wallpaper for the lockscreen, if that matters.

Thanks, I figured as much after doing a bit of Google searching. I really like this ROM though, so I think I can make do with fingerprint. Oh, and I'll Google this as well, but can you think of why I don't have my Sonos controls on my lockscreen when it's playing? I am sure I've seen it available on other ROMs, and can't think why it wouldn't be supported on Pixel-style ROMs. I am using a custom wallpaper for the lockscreen, if that matters.

I'm not sure. That might be a setting you have to activate in the Sonos app itself. I know most audio players will automatically appear in your notifications, and usually the lockscreen controls goes in hand with that. I don't see any toggles in the settings that might affect that.

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Hello,
I have removed some posts from this thread as they are off topic. Please take note that this thread is for a specific ROM and OP has provided necessary resources to support the development. I do not see OP's consent to other kernels in this thread, hence it is not respectful to introduce others.

Please seek OP's agreement (on thread or via PM) before you posting another ROM or kernels in this thread. Thanks.

Regards
Jerry
Forum Moderator

qq809825706

Feb 24, 2018
OTG not work?I am using the 0420 version. when I connected to flash drive by type-c to USB, the phone did not respond。

qq809825706

Feb 24, 2018
If you still can't find it, tap the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and search for "OTG Storage."
nothing by searching "OTG" ...
thumbnail_Screenshot_20210427-154208_YAAP_Launcher.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607597427911.png
    YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads

Hotdogb (OP7T): Download Link | Google Drive Mirror | SHA256SUM

Follow us on Telegram for updates and faster(?) responses
    Chat
    Updates

How to flash using fastbootd:-
    • Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    • Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
      Connect your device to a computer and execute:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    • Check this by using the command
      Code:
      fastboot getvar is-userspace
    • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
      fastboot flash odm odm.img
      fastboot flash product product.img
      fastboot flash system system.img
      fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
      fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
      fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    • Reboot to system

ROM OS Version: Android 11

XDA:DevDB Information
    Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
    OmkarTheAndroid, idoybh, poad42
    Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware : OOS 11 Global Stable
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-14
    Last Updated 2021-05-20
    Huge update this week, check second post for changelog

NOTE: You must clean flash and format data/internal storage to f2fs.
    Custom kernels will need to explicitly support YAAP for new userdata changes.

Verizon and other sub mvnos should work now

Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
    • Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above
    • Flash magisk and enable magisk hide
    • Reboot
    • Verify if you have L1 working using app like drm info
    • Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well

Note: you only need to do this once
    New build is up with May SPL merged, updated display modes, fixed off-screen hotword and other fixes all around
    New build is up fixing almost everything that was wrong with previous release, although there won't be any OTA for today's release as we are switching back to standard A/B.
    Dump latest build, flash recovery from it, then use fastbootd or adb sideload either is fine
    New build is up with old haptic stack and fixed nfc wakelock and other general improvements. Read Changelog for more info.