Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Disclaimer
Code:
[COLOR="gray"]
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
 * or you getting fired [B]because the alarm app failed[/B].
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
 * in the products you find here before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 */
[/COLOR]
Rules
- Please search the thread before asking questions
- Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible

Reporting Bugs
- Please report bugs here
- Report only one issue per bug report
- When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
- Explain the issue as clearly as possible
- Explain the steps required to reproduce the issue if necessary.

Prerequisites for Installation
- Must have an unlocked bootloader
- Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo).

Project Status
BETA TESTING -- QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUNCTIONALITY GRID IN POST #2

KNOWN ISSUES
- Thor/Apollo: Some apps may rotate to landscape the wrong way leaving the screen upside down. Many times you can re-rotate the device to fix.
- Thor/Apollo: Sometimes after an extended period of time Wifi will stop working. Toggling airplaine mode fixes it.
- Thor/Apollo: Bluetooth pairing issues - bluetooth function is still WIP.

Fresh Installation
- Backup your existing ROM first
- Wipe the /data partition (but you can keep the media storage)
- Flash the ROM File
- Flash Open Gapps: use an ARM 7.1 version smaller than the "full" size to make sure it fits
- Reboot
- Enjoy!

LineageOS Developer Builds / Downloads
LineageOS Builds for Thor
LineageOS Builds for Apollo

Gapps
- Open Gapps (use a size smaller than "Full" to make sure it fits)

NOTE: Here's what I do to solve the "Play Games" side load issue... Anytime I update my GApps zip file:
- I download the "full" and "mini" versions of GApps
- Extract the "GApps/playgames-arm.tar.lz" file from the "full" file and add it to the "GApps" folder of the "mini" file.
- Open the installer.sh script in the "mini" file and move the "playgames" line from the full_gapps_list= section into the mini_gapps_list= section
- I use this modified "mini" .zip when flashing CM-14.1 ROMs so that my Play Games install always works.

Source Code (branch: cm-14.1)
- Kernel Source
- Common Device Tree
- Thor Device Tree
- Apollo Device Tree

Credits
- LineageOS Team
- Cyanogenmod Team
- CodeAurora
- ggow
- Cpasjuste
- dpeddi

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for Kindle HDX 3rd Gen, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
Hashcode, ggow
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-16

Created 2016-12-11
Last Updated 2020-07-05

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Reserved

SEE ATTACHED ROM FEATURE STATUS GRID

CHANGE LOG
  • 20161208: Initial build released
  • 20161214:
    • [CM Base] merge changes for Android-7.1.1_r4
    • [CM Base] merge changes for Android-7.1.1_r6
    • [KERNEL] Updated for 38 CVEs
    • [TEMP] Turned off SElinux Enforcing due to Android-7.1.1 changes
    • [SELINUX] Initial fixes for Android-7.1.1 merge
    • [CAMERA] Fixed camera snapshot bug by enabling libs with text relocations (KitKat libs have them)
    • [BUTTONS] Fixed overlay to remove hard key settings for buttons that don't exist
  • 20161215:
    • [BLUETOOTH] Updated bluetooth vendor library to latest CAF branch for Marshmallow (previously KitKat) -- seems to fix many pairing issues, though this needs testing.
    • [SCREENCAST] Updated audio policy to support Screencast (from Settings -> Display -> Cast). NOTE: A warning box is displayed on Thor saying size is not optimized. Still debugging that.
    • [SELinux] Turned on Enforcing mode again
    • (All local changes have been pushed back into CM codebase)
  • 20161216: Nightlies for CM 14.1 started
  • 20161230: First Thor build of LineageOS (was CyanogenMod's -- now forked for community development)
    • SElinux back to Permissive mode -- let's see if this makes functions like bluetooth and camera better

Attachments

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Future work task list:
- [Apollo] Debug rotation / wifi issues that certain users are experiencing
- Pull in more Google kernel/common changes for better compatibility
- [IN PROGRESS] Orientation and gryo sensor changes to correct odd rotation selections by apps
- Full device encryption support (requires working amazon keystore HAL)
- Audio FAST mode during low power can cause audio skipping (headphone use case w/ screen off)
- More bluetooth stack testing (may need to compile static version of BlueZ to run some tests)
- Look into changes for allowing Viper4Android integration w/o needing SU or breaking SELinux
- Re-enable thermal protection for the audio HAL. NOTE: when setting prop persist.speaker.prot.enable=true it kills all sound. Needs debugging.
- Research adding kernel commits to support double touch to wake support
- [FIXED 2016-12-22] Add volume button configuration settings back into CM
- Possibly write a bootloader firmware ID script which can be run to determine user's bootloader version
- Look into audio HAL changes which would increase volume while keeping clarity (similar to Viper4Android)
- Continue work on camera HAL from source [LONG TERM PROJECT]

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
First thing to testing is WIFI. I made some changes to the WIFI configuration which differs from CM-13.0.

So if you've previously experienced difficulty in this area and are willing to help test, please let me know what your experience is like.

- Hash

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tvd0405

Oct 24, 2011
First thing to testing is WIFI. I made some changes to the WIFI configuration which differs from CM-13.0.

So if you've previously experienced difficulty in this area and are willing to help test, please let me know what your experience is like.

- Hash
WiFi seems to work fine for me. I did not flash any root. I am using the default one that comes with CM

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Camera does not work (fc)

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
when i complete install and use Super Su v2.78 via flash. Wifi cannot turn on.
I had a string of annoying issues with SuperSU v2.78 including reoccurring loss of root on CM 12.1. Drove me half nuts! Downgrading to v2.76 (terminal build by ChainFire) solved all problems. I realize 2.76 doesn't directly support Android 7 but v2.78 seems to have bigger issues. Might stick with integrated CM 14.1 privacy/root manager for now.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
I had a string of annoying issues with SuperSU v2.78 including reoccurring loss of root on CM 12.1. Drove me half nuts! Downgrading to v2.76 (terminal build by ChainFire) solved all problems. I realize 2.76 doesn't directly support Android 7 but v2.78 seems to have bigger issues. Might stick with integrated CM 14.1 privacy/root manager for now.
Agreed. Specifically: I have not tested external root at all.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011

Grtschnk

Oct 9, 2013
Akwizgran
I can confirm the problem the camera. Tried a few different apps. Some are able to show the preview but none can actually take/save a picture. (Still more useful than FireOS..)

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Apollo version

I realize that I flashed these CM-14.1 builds with an updated build of TWRP 3.0.2.x build from Android-7.1 sources. I'm not sure if this is required, but if needed I can upload a prebuilt version of TWRP.

ALSO: This ROM is still very work in progress. Some of the changes located in these first few builds are NOT pushed out to public repositories.

Lastly: Give feedback. Be clear and as detailed as you can when presenting bugs. Try to see if the bug can be reproduced consistently, etc.
Yes, we will need to release the new recovery. The TWRP version that I released (3.0.2-0) had issues that have since been fixed in the omnirom_bootable_recovery tree.

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

I have built the Apollo version, will post it if all is good later this evening.

Reactions: Lickenleon
Jun 16, 2014
WOOOO!

EDIT: when will the recovery be released?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

@ggow, when will the new recovery be released? And should it be flashed before or after cm-14.1?

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
WOOOO!

EDIT: when will the recovery be released?

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

@ggow, when will the new recovery be released? And should it be flashed before or after cm-14.1?
I'll build TWRP for Apollo and check it. I'm guessing @Hashcode will release it for Thor.
You should use the new recovery ASAP so flash and use on the next ROM upgrade.

Reactions: Lickenleon
Jun 16, 2014
No you can flash it now, with the existing Thor recovery. When the new TWRP is released upgrade when it suits you.

Ok, thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

also, may I suggest providing md5 files?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Errr.... Problems with installing cm 14.1 on thor w/ TWRP:

E1001: Failed to update system image.
E:unknown command [log]

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

oops, the error was my fault, forgot to restart recovery after wiping data

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

boot animation seems to be taking a long time

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Reactions: sergtot

Grtschnk

Oct 9, 2013
Akwizgran
Ok, thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

also, may I suggest providing md5 files?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Errr.... Problems with installing cm 14.1 on thor w/ TWRP:

E1001: Failed to update system image.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

oops, the error was my fault, forgot to restart recovery after wiping data

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

boot animation seems to be taking a long time

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I had the same error as you, but the ROM seems to work fine. Could you elaborate on this restart issue? (Never heard about this before) Not sure now if I should reflash or just leave it.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone