• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [05 JUL 2020] LineageOS-14.1

Search This thread

Bwangster12

Jan 3, 2011
New York
DivestOS is more focused on being de-Google version of Android. IT'll be very similar to this ROM but without the ability to use the Play Store, etc.
Yes, but I'm using DivestOS for about 24hrs now and am really impressed. I had tried LOS 14.1 and 16 and while 14.1 was A LOT more stable, I did still occasionally have WiFi and battery issues. So far with DivestOS, I'm finding shockingly good performance. It seems snappier, the battery life is crazy and I don't think I've experienced WiFi issues yet. Yes, it doesn't allow for Google, but you can still using Youtube Vanced on here with MicroG and throw something like Cinema HD on it to watch tv/movies in place of Netflix.

Reactions: ushilives

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
Yes, but I'm using DivestOS for about 24hrs now and am really impressed. I had tried LOS 14.1 and 16 and while 14.1 was A LOT more stable, I did still occasionally have WiFi and battery issues. So far with DivestOS, I'm finding shockingly good performance. It seems snappier, the battery life is crazy and I don't think I've experienced WiFi issues yet. Yes, it doesn't allow for Google, but you can still using Youtube Vanced on here with MicroG and throw something like Cinema HD on it to watch tv/movies in place of Netflix.
Hey,
Can you send me a link to that OS.
Can you install GAPPS if you wanted to?

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
I've been using this ROM for quite a while now, but I would love if someone had a solution to the WiFi connection issue. No, it's not the 2.4+5 GHz routers, it does this with every router. And that wouldn't be the worst part, just that it uses a lot of battery while trying to connect to Wifi and failing.
As long as the tablet is plugged in, everything is fine, and connection is maintained, but enabling power saver makes the tablet lose connection after a while, and the only way out is toggling wifi.
With Wifi off, the standby time is almost one month, with it always on it's only a few days. Too bad I haven't seen a workable solution in more than two years.
Pick a wifi region.
They do perform differently.
Make sure you match the Region that your ROUTER is on.

Bwangster12

Jan 3, 2011
New York
Hey,
Can you send me a link to that OS.
Can you install GAPPS if you wanted to?

From what I can tell, you can't root or install GAPPS.

ushilives

Apr 28, 2018
I am using Divest OS too, there are updates monthly for it too. RAM usage is bit lower than Lineage OS too. Super good.

DbladeX38

Dec 16, 2020
hello im having a problem where its stuck on a bootloop and wont open anything like twrp or even download mode is there a solution?

i know this is probably not the right place but i don't know where to ask
my phone is the a70 FN and rooted stock android 10

Last edited:

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
hello im having a problem where its stuck on a bootloop and wont open anything like twrp or even download mode is there a solution?

Yes, you are in the wrong thred. Yes there is a fix. Hold vol up and down while plugging into pc, continue to hold till download mode appears. If you still cannot reach download or twrp, pm me. Im opening a new thred soon for the A70 all variant, stock and custom rom guides and files and so on.

Reactions: ushilives

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using Divest OS too, there are updates monthly for it too. RAM usage is bit lower than Lineage OS too. Super good.
    I've since gone back to LOS 14.1. While DivestOS def seems snappier and less buggy, not having ANY Gapps is tough. I don't need everything on this, but I do use Google Books, want to be able to use Duo, etc.

Yes, you are in the wrong thred. Yes there is a fix. Hold vol up and down while plugging into pc, continue to hold till download mode appears. If you still cannot reach download or twrp, pm me. Im opening a new thred soon for the A70 all variant, stock and custom rom guides and files and so on.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired [B]because the alarm app failed[/B].
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible

Reporting Bugs
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Explain the issue as clearly as possible
    - Explain the steps required to reproduce the issue if necessary.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Must have an unlocked bootloader
    - Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo).

Project Status
    BETA TESTING -- QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUNCTIONALITY GRID IN POST #2

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Thor/Apollo: Some apps may rotate to landscape the wrong way leaving the screen upside down. Many times you can re-rotate the device to fix.
    - Thor/Apollo: Sometimes after an extended period of time Wifi will stop working. Toggling airplaine mode fixes it.
    - Thor/Apollo: Bluetooth pairing issues - bluetooth function is still WIP.

Fresh Installation
    - Backup your existing ROM first
    - Wipe the /data partition (but you can keep the media storage)
    - Flash the ROM File
    - Flash Open Gapps: use an ARM 7.1 version smaller than the "full" size to make sure it fits
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

LineageOS Developer Builds / Downloads
    LineageOS Builds for Thor
    LineageOS Builds for Apollo

Gapps
    - Open Gapps (use a size smaller than "Full" to make sure it fits)

NOTE: Here's what I do to solve the "Play Games" side load issue... Anytime I update my GApps zip file:
    - I download the "full" and "mini" versions of GApps
    - Extract the "GApps/playgames-arm.tar.lz" file from the "full" file and add it to the "GApps" folder of the "mini" file.
    - Open the installer.sh script in the "mini" file and move the "playgames" line from the full_gapps_list= section into the mini_gapps_list= section
    - I use this modified "mini" .zip when flashing CM-14.1 ROMs so that my Play Games install always works.

Source Code (branch: cm-14.1)
    - Kernel Source
    - Common Device Tree
    - Thor Device Tree
    - Apollo Device Tree

Credits
    - LineageOS Team
    - Cyanogenmod Team
    - CodeAurora
    - ggow
    - Cpasjuste
    - dpeddi

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Kindle HDX 3rd Gen, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    Hashcode, ggow
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-12-16

Created 2016-12-11
    Last Updated 2020-07-05
    New Build is Up

- Dated 15 March 2018
    - Security patches up to March 2018
    - Upstream Lineage Updates
    NOTE: I am working on Lineage-15.1, will let you know when I have made more progress. I have started pushing commits here.
    @ggow @Hashcode
    hey there, are you alright?
    hows going. i hope you both are fine.
    there are any news about oreo or new security updates? :)
    have a nice week.

Hello All,

- For lineage-14.1 - I'm waiting for May 2018 patches before building again.
    - For lineage-15.1, the WiFi bring is proving problematic, number 1 problem is difficult to solve and number 2 new job is taking a lot of bandwidth

I'm still around, promise I won't just disappear without saying ;)
    New Build is Up

- Dated 16 March 2019
    - Security patches up to March 2019
    - Upstream Lineage Updates
    Typically @ggow indicates if support is being curtailed/withdrawn. Don't see that happening anytime soon given the popularity of LineageOS. Frequency is driven by upstream and resource availability. Might be a bit irregular but it will come. :)

Yes, I do not plan to stop HDX development any time soon. I will wait for the March patches to be included then do another build. Things have been slow, I have been promoted at work and so extra bandwidth is been used there and also busy at home.

But remember I'm here still doing what I can in what little time I have :)