• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][06/03][MM][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix M - v5.7.4 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 1

Search This thread

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgsafe.org%2F678946f7a2.png

Resurrection Remix has been based on CM/LOS, Slim, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device.

Many things in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the CM team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

-> This ROM is for the Mi Pad 1 (codename: mocha) only. Please do not try it on other devices.
-> This ROM is based off @highwaystar_ru's sources. Full credit to him for his work on them. Without him, we'd still be in Kitkat.
-> Please repartition your /system before flashing

BUGS

All of the LineageOS 13.0 bugs from the date of the ROM's build. ( I will update as often as I can). Pretty stable in my opinion.

INSTALLATION

-> Repartition your system.
-> Factory reset.
-> Flash ROM
-> Flash gApps.
-> Reboot.

SOURCES
Device (tree tweaked to enable building of non-LOS ROMs)
Kernel
Vendor

CREDITS
@highwaystar_ru (donate to him if you can, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him
@Pradyumna26 for testing
Anyone who's contributed to RR source or to the Mi Pad's development

DOWNLOAD

AFH folder (check here for all updates that I mention in posts)
Use OpenGapps or any other package that you prefer. It shouldn't matter.

HOW TO EXPRESS GRATITUDE
-> Press the thanks button
-> Donate to highwaystar_ru
-> Donate to me

XDA:DevDB Information
Resurrection Remix M for Xiaomi Mi Pad, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
drakonizer
Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Repartitioned /system
Based On: CyanogenMod/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-26
Last Updated 2017-03-06

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro

Cezar`

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Czech Republic
Ooook, this is getting interesting. I must start playing with the source code myself. Great work!

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

Reactions: aryatejarr

Juanmiwow

Aug 6, 2012
I can't use it, because I've Google Play Services FC's. I've tried different gapps but it doesn't work. Thank you anyway, dev!

Enviado desde mi MI PAD mediante Tapatalk

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can't use it, because I've Google Play Services FC's. I've tried different gapps but it doesn't work. Thank you anyway, dev!

ROM has been updated to fix Google Services issue, camera and random force closes. Download link in OP.

Stay tuned for RR N!

satishp

Jul 12, 2012
I've noticed a lot of lag and stuttering with this ROM, in fact more lag compared to the Nougat build by the same dev. Videos on youtube and Facebook become choppy and unplayable at times and requires a reboot to be resolved. This was a fresh install after a full wipe, so nothing wrong with the installation.
Must be Xiaomi's crappy drivers causing the lag. Hope the dev finds some workaround. :(

Otherwise great ROM and I'm glad that we are finally seeing development. Hope this ROM sees updates as I depend on Xposed a lot which Nougat doesn't support at the moment.
@drakonizer Kindly do not abandon this MM ROM and hope you can support this along with your Nougat builds.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

mubeen_94

Nov 3, 2013
Hyderabad
Tested this ROM extensively. Made a few tweaks and I should tell you, its a great build. I've used both Lineage OS 13.0 and later this, because I prefer RR more (using on my OP3 as well) and I should say that the experience seems to be much more smoother and fluid on this ROM compared to Lineage OS. Here are a few things that I've observed:

1. UI seems to be more fluid and smooth on this, even though both Lineage and RR use the same Trebuchet Launcher.
2. Flashed the latest FoxyKernel on this. Works quite well.
3. OTG and SD cards work very well
4. Can use on screen nav buttons. That's one advantage over other ROM's, but initially you'll end up using both capacitive and on screen buttons at the same time. I found a workaround for disabling the capacitive keys. More on that below.
5. Used Kernel Adiutor both with and without FoxyKernel using the same settings viz. turning off CPUQuiet and enabling all the 4 cores active at the same time. Videos stream without any stutters even at 1080p, be it Youtube, Facebook or Dailymotion. Tried playing a 1080p video using MX Player and it worked without any issues as well.
6. Battery standby is great.

For turning off the capacitive buttons, I tried this solution on both Lineage OS as well as RR and it worked in both. I found it on this forum: http://en.miui.com/thread-86557-1-1.html

Here is how it goes:
To enable On-Screen Nav bar:
> Open ES File Explorer/Root Browser and grant root permission
> Go to system and open build.prop using text editor
> Add the following line at the end "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" (Remove ")
> Save the file and go back.

To disable hardware capacitive keys:

> Go to system/usr/keylayout and open "atmel-maxtouch.kl" in text editor.
> In the end of the file there will be following lines

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

> Add # before each line so it becomes

# key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
# key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
# key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

> Save the file and exit.
> Reboot.

Now the capacitive buttons will be non functional, but still illuminate when touched. So to disable the lights in the capacitive buttons, you can download the app "Capacitive Buttons" from the Play Store and provide root access to it.

Note: You can reboot the device twice after editing the script, once after editing build.prop and once after editing atmel-maxtouch.kl. Works either ways.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Nihhaar

Oct 16, 2015
Tested this ROM extensively. Made a few tweaks and I should tell you, its a great build. I've used both Lineage OS 13.0 and later this, because I prefer RR more (using on my OP3 as well) and I should say that the experience seems to be much more smoother and fluid on this ROM compared to Lineage OS. Here are a few things that I've observed:

1. UI seems to be more fluid and smooth on this, even though both Lineage and RR use the same Trebuchet Launcher.
4. Can use on screen nav buttons. That's one advantage over other ROM's, but initially you'll end up using both capacitive and on screen buttons at the same time. I found a workaround for disabling the capacitive keys. More on that below.
5. Used Kernel Adiutor both with and without FoxyKernel using the same settings viz. turning off CPUQuiet and enabling all the 4 cores active at the same time. Videos stream without any stutters even at 1080p, be it Youtube, Facebook or Dailymotion. Tried playing a 1080p video using MX Player and it worked without any issues as well.

For turning off the capacitive buttons, I tried this solution on both Lineage OS as well as RR and it worked in both. I found it on this forum: http://en.miui.com/thread-86557-1-1.html

Here is how it goes:

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

# key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
# key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
# key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

> Reboot.

Now the capacitive buttons will be non functional, but still illuminate when touched. So to disable the lights in the capacitive buttons, you can download the app "Capacitive Buttons" from the Play Store and provide root access to it.

Note: You can reboot the device twice after editing the script, once after editing build.prop and once after editing atmel-maxtouch.kl. Works either ways.

Hope it helps.

A cleaner implementation is in kernel :V

Pradyumna26

Aug 24, 2015
HTC One V
Google Nexus 5

Here is how it goes:

key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

# key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
# key 102 HOME VIRTUAL
# key 158 BACK VIRTUAL

> Reboot.

Hope it helps.

The rom already has this feature

Edit: Sorry, I thought this was N

Last edited:

satishp

Jul 12, 2012
ROM updated with a build using Hyper toolchain (UberxSaberMod). Please test and report any differences if present.

Thanks.

Whatever magic you did with the latest build, it is buttery smooth now. Haven't noticed any stutters since installing the new build. Its amazing!!

Thank you!

EDIT: @drakonizer Unable to use Google apps with the updated ROM. I keep getting the error that Google Play services isn't supported by the ROM. I reflashed GAPPS but that isn't helping either. Getting FC errors for google apps after that. Any idea why this is happening? Otherwise the ROM is buttery smooth now. This was a better update in every way. If only GAPPs would work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgsafe.org%2F678946f7a2.png

Resurrection Remix has been based on CM/LOS, Slim, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device.

Many things in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the CM team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

-> This ROM is for the Mi Pad 1 (codename: mocha) only. Please do not try it on other devices.
    -> This ROM is based off @highwaystar_ru's sources. Full credit to him for his work on them. Without him, we'd still be in Kitkat.
    -> Please repartition your /system before flashing

BUGS

All of the LineageOS 13.0 bugs from the date of the ROM's build. ( I will update as often as I can). Pretty stable in my opinion.

INSTALLATION

-> Repartition your system.
    -> Factory reset.
    -> Flash ROM
    -> Flash gApps.
    -> Reboot.

SOURCES
    Device (tree tweaked to enable building of non-LOS ROMs)
    Kernel
    Vendor

CREDITS
    @highwaystar_ru (donate to him if you can, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him
    @Pradyumna26 for testing
    Anyone who's contributed to RR source or to the Mi Pad's development

DOWNLOAD

AFH folder (check here for all updates that I mention in posts)
    Use OpenGapps or any other package that you prefer. It shouldn't matter.

HOW TO EXPRESS GRATITUDE
    -> Press the thanks button
    -> Donate to highwaystar_ru
    -> Donate to me

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix M for Xiaomi Mi Pad, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Repartitioned /system
    Based On: CyanogenMod/LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-26
    Last Updated 2017-03-06
    Thank you for support developmen of custom ROMs for Mi Pad. Have you applied to ROM tree fixes listed here https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_xiaomi_mocha/issues ?

If not users will face some issues like FCs, and camera not working

ROM has been updated to fix Google Services issue, camera and random force closes. Download link in OP.

Stay tuned for RR N!
    Screenshots!

Here are a few screenshots :