[ROM][06/04][11.0] Yet another AOSP project [OP7T][STABLE]

Search This thread

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
Im pretty sure its carrier related.

Not sure how it could be, when everyone so far has stated their APN settings were correct already (or were adjusted) and still have connection issues. Same on my end. Never had an issue with T-Mobile until this ROM.

fatpak

Jan 23, 2012
Since getting a smartwatch, I haven't used my phone for NFC payments. When I went to try it the other day on YAAP, the NFC was disabled. I can't even flip NFC on as it is permanently grayed out. Anyone else have this issue, or is NFC just outright disabled in this rom?

3367sn

Dec 20, 2020
View attachment 5153113YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads

Hotdogb (OP7T): Download Link | Google Drive Mirror
md5sum: 77952605c35ee05892385f78a936cc5f

Follow us on Telegram for updates and faster(?) responses
Chat
Updates

Flashing instructions (shamelessly kanged from @zzkW35 's StatixOS thread)

You're free to flash YAAP with either TWRP or fastbootd

Clean Flash

Through TWRP:

• Reboot to bootloader (!= fastbootd)
  • Connect your device to a computer and execute:
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    Notice: This will format your data, which means that a backup is advised
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the ROM zipfile
  • Reboot to bootloader once again and execute
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Reboot to system

Through fastbootd:

• Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    Code:
    fastboot -w
  • Now reboot to fastbootd executing:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
  • Reboot to system

Magisk:
You can install Magisk by patching the bootimage or flashing its zip (Version 21.0+) once you've booted for the first time.

Dirty Flash / Updating

Through TWRP:

• Disable thedevice PIN/Passcode
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the ROM zipfile
  • If you want to flash further zips (e.g. Magisk) reboot to recovery to switch slots
  • Reboot to system
  • Add back your PIN/Passcode

Through fastbootd:

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  • Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):
    Code:
  • Reboot to system

ROM OS Version: Android 11

XDA:DevDB Information
Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
OmkarTheAndroid, idoybh, poad42
Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.3.7
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-10-14
Last Updated 2020-12-18
Are both of the links removed?
Because it is showing 404 on both the links.

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
Sorry for not updating thread for a while, I was busy with life for the last 2 months and didn't get the time (and totally did not forget I had a thread).

All good. We've still been getting the ROM updates, at least.

Speaking of which, OpenDelta doesn't seem to like my phone. I've tried updating, but it gets stuck at the first step, something about partitions A/B, and stays at 0%...
And that's if it doesn't re-download the whole ROM again for some odd reason.

Jul 23, 2019
So I've noticed that the volume in my bluetooth headphones doesn't get as loud when compared to OOS. is there a fix for this? I've tried different codecs with no luck, it just seems as though the max level is a lower value?

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
So I've noticed that the volume in my bluetooth headphones doesn't get as loud when compared to OOS. is there a fix for this? I've tried different codecs with no luck, it just seems as though the max level is a lower value?

There's some apps that could help with that, as well as optional prop edits. Check on the Play Store. I think there's even an app on XDA that lets you set volumes on a per-app basis, but I haven't tried it yet. Just be careful not to crank it up too much at a time, as even a little adjustment can cause distortion.

Jul 23, 2019
There's some apps that could help with that, as well as optional prop edits. Check on the Play Store. I think there's even an app on XDA that lets you set volumes on a per-app basis, but I haven't tried it yet. Just be careful not to crank it up too much at a time, as even a little adjustment can cause distortion.

I appreciate the reply, and I wanted to see if i could help you with your OpenDelta problem. I was able to solve the update issue by flashing YAAP to both A/B partitions and using ADB shell to set SELinux permissive to 1.

>adb shell
>su
>setenforce 1
>install updates through OpenDelta
>setenforce 0

Marlonese

Feb 1, 2017
the battery life seems really terrible for me on the latest stable build. I'm getting 2 hours of SOT while loosing 40% battery with very slight usage. (texting in signal and watching a little bit of youtube)
anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: dunno if it's relevant but I'm coming from OOS 11 but I wiped everything so I'd like to think that's not an issue

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
I appreciate the reply, and I wanted to see if i could help you with your OpenDelta problem. I was able to solve the update issue by flashing YAAP to both A/B partitions and using ADB shell to set SELinux permissive to 1.

>adb shell
>su
>setenforce 1
>setenforce 0

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T

>adb shell
>su
>setenforce 1
>setenforce 0

No dice. Still got stuck at 0% during "Installing AB Update...." part. Been waiting ten minutes, with no progress, still.

Jul 23, 2019
That would make more sense, lol
Edit: It's flashing now!
Edit 2: For some reason, after it booted, I no longer had root, despite having flashed Magisk after the ROM and before booting. Had to manually root. /shrug Oh well, seems to be working again.

lol you should have gone back into magisk and done the OTA flash. but you have it working yes?

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
lol you should have gone back into magisk and done the OTA flash. but you have it working yes?

OTA flash? Is that different from what I did? I just did a direct install after flashing the ROM, but I guess that's not what you were referring to. But yeah, everything's good now. Only issue was one of my banking apps had a fit and won't work anymore, suddenly. Kept force closing, even when I didn't launch it. It's weird, but meh. I uninstalled it since clearing data/cache and reinstalling didn't fix it.

EDIT: Oh, I get wat you mean, the last option ("after OTA"). I'll have to use that next time an update comes up, then.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019
OTA flash? Is that different from what I did? I just did a direct install after flashing the ROM, but I guess that's not what you were referring to. But yeah, everything's good now. Only issue was one of my banking apps had a fit and won't work anymore, suddenly. Kept force closing, even when I didn't launch it. It's weird, but meh. I uninstalled it since clearing data/cache and reinstalling didn't fix it.

EDIT: Oh, I get wat you mean, the last option ("after OTA"). I'll have to use that next time an update comes up, then.

My guess on that issue would be you forgot to setenforce 1 after the update. it will give you a safetynet fail automatically. if that is not the issue, try and use the magiskhide fingerprint module available and set up the fingerprint.

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T

My guess on that issue would be you forgot to setenforce 1 after the update. it will give you a safetynet fail automatically. if that is not the issue, try and use the magiskhide fingerprint module available and set up the fingerprint.

Odd, because I did check SafetyNet afterwards, and it passed, so it wasn't that.

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
Is it just me, or does this phone show up as a "OnePlus OnePlus 7T" in Google Play's settings, and in other apps? Kinda annoying....

Also, my wallpaper keeps disappearing. Almost every time I unlock the phone, it's just a black background. I don't know if it's Android system itself, or Nova Launcher. I can't determine the reason for it.

Top Liked Posts

I havent flashed back to stock in a while... where can I find the OOS 11 Fastboot rom? I tried using payload dumper on the original OOS 11 ROM but a few of the commands failed... Or, do you happen to know where I could find a flash all script to restore full stock OOS 11?

Thanks!
    So I've tried the payload-dumper method for the a11 stock and it simply did not work. the only way that i've been able to get on a11 is to first use one of the fastboot stock packages from this thread, and THEN updating in OOS using the local upgrade method inside the OS. I have not been successful using fastboot or fastbootd to directly flash and boot into a11 from bootloader/recovery.

To flash to both slots, boot into OOS. local upgrade the oos a11 zip. then reboot (it will boot into the slot you just installed oos a11 on). then local upgrade the oos a11 zip AGAIN so it gets onto the other slot. reboot.
    Huge update this week, check second post for changelog

NOTE: You must clean flash and format data/internal storage to f2fs.
    Custom kernels will need to explicitly support YAAP for new userdata changes.

Verizon and other sub mvnos should work now

Steps to go enable Widevine L1 on custom ROMs :-
    • Flash OOS 11 stable or any build from OB3 and above
    • Flash magisk and enable magisk hide
    • Reboot
    • Verify if you have L1 working using app like drm info
    • Flash custom ROM and you should have L1 there as well

Note: you only need to do this once
    quick question about this build. does it have Google Play services built-in? I want to de-google the phone completely and don't want any google crap installed in it. is this the right build?
    I don't build gapps-less builds as it's inconvenient for me to flash gapps everytime/or release two builds which is problematic becuause of slow uploads. however if you build from github.com/yaap, the default is without gapps
    I get an error 7 when trying to flash via twrp and a hard brick when trying to flash via fastbootd. Anyone else facing the same?
    I came from OB3 via TWRP and had no problems
    Quick little update: HDR seems to be missing from netflix because of broken props, this will "spoof" your device as a Global OnePlus 7T and bring it back.
    As for panel modes/dc dimming, it was an sepolicy issue and is already fixed, should be fine in next release
    HBM tile getting stuck was a kernel issue is which is also resolved
    So the only major bug left imo is the prox not working
    Have a great time :D
    1607597427911.png
    YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads

Hotdogb (OP7T): Download Link | Google Drive Mirror
    md5sum: 224ba6bd96454e09f50b59b71e54836f

Follow us on Telegram for updates and faster(?) responses
    Chat
    Updates

Flashing instructions (shamelessly kanged from @zzkW35 's StatixOS thread)

• Reboot

You're free to flash YAAP with either TWRP or fastbootd

Clean Flash

Through TWRP:

Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • Reboot to bootloader once again and execute
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot to system

Through fastbootd:

Code:
      fastboot -w
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
    • Reboot to system

Magisk:
    You can install Magisk by patching the bootimage or flashing its zip (Version 21.0+) once you've booted for the first time.

Dirty Flash / Updating

Through TWRP:

• Disable thedevice PIN/Passcode
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the ROM zipfile
    • If you want to flash further zips (e.g. Magisk) reboot to recovery to switch slots
    • Reboot to system
    • Add back your PIN/Passcode

Through fastbootd:

Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      Code:
      [*]fastboot flash boot boot.img
      fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
      [*]
    • Reboot to system

XDA:DevDB Information
    Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7T

Contributors
    OmkarTheAndroid, idoybh, poad42
    Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware : OOS 11 Global Stable
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-14
    Last Updated 2021-04-06
    Huge update this week, check second post for changelog

Verizon and other sub mvnos should work now

• Reboot

new update is up with december patch and other stuff, enjoy
    quick question about this build. does it have Google Play services built-in? I want to de-google the phone completely and don't want any google crap installed in it. is this the right build?
    I don't build gapps-less builds as it's inconvenient for me to flash gapps everytime/or release two builds which is problematic becuause of slow uploads. however if you build from github.com/yaap, the default is without gapps
    Changelog:
    ROM:
    • Merged r34 tag (April security patch)
    • Make OpenDelta even faster
    • Set share menu ranked items to 8 (from 4)
    • Change official tag
    • Sepolicy fixes
    • Fixed Verizon (and other sub mvnos support)
    • Many other small changes and fixes all around

Device:
    A big rebase has been done so I am going to summarise it.
    • Switched to FBE v2 encryption.
    • Enabled inlinecrypt encryption now.
    • Disabled sdcardfs and enabled project_id and f2fs casefolding.
    • Removed ext4 support entirely, you can only use f2fs now.
    • Added different vibration haptics are alert slider
    • WiFi Display is working now.
    • Updated to OOS 11 blobs throughout and switched to R kernel
    • Widevine L1 works perfectly
    • Enabled Virtual A/B retrofit
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone