• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][06/22]BlissROMs 12.8[Coral][Alpha]

Search This thread

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

That Face Unlock issue is still there, is there a way to revert it to the normal P4 face unlock method?

The current implementation works faster at setting it up, but it's kinda unreliable at unlocking(mainly when you're not in a bright environment). It fails to work in the dark, and the biometric authentication for apps just doesn't work at all, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Besides that, setting wallpaper from Google Photos results in " Error loading photo " but is fixed by installed Wallpapers by Google on the Play Store.

Everything else is perfectly fine. 👍
No you are not doing it wrong, the app auth is under review, but I do not have your same results. My faceunlock unlocks my device 100% of time and without fail. Light, dark, it doesnt matter, in fact its quite annoying because it unlocks even when I dont want it to unlock and sitting on my desk and I happen to walk by, boom unlocked. I would redo the face imprint in normal light, and it should work for you, its definitely fine for me.

What did you mean by this "is there a way to revert it to the normal P4 face unlock method"? Unless you mean "normal" in that its working as it should for biometric (Google auth), if so, its being reviewed.

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Disabling that option takes away biometric authentication throughout the apps that have the option for you to use it, unless I'm missing something?

Here's an example of it within Magisk. Turning app sign-in with face just causes the prompt to show up and never work.
I am aware of what it causes when disabled but in my opinion, Faceunlock is a nice to have, but this is not a show stopper and should really only be used to unlock your device, but not authenticate anything biometric, this is an insecure method. Faceunlock warns you that anyone that looks like you can bypass it, and I have tested it with both my kids, and they both can unlock my device.

I see the MAGISK prompt is enabled when app is enabled, but because of the current issue with the app auth, it doesnt work so you can either find another ROM or wait, or try to fix it. In my opinion, why? Why bother worrying about a MAGISK biometric unlock not working when you can use any other method to do the same thing. Its just not an issue in my book, so maybe thats why I am so defensive, IDK. It just doesnt bother me, and I woulndt use it if it was working as intended with something like a SUPER SU request, anything can go wrong with that setup. You could accidentally allow an SU request you didnt intend to allow, all because it picked up your face., IDK but I dont see the problem.

Thats my 2-cents, but I can see why users would want it working, I guess my point is that it shouldnt be used for things like a fingerprint, its to risky.

Last edited:

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
LG G7 ThinQ
Google Pixel 4 XL
I am aware of what it causes when disabled but in my opinion, Faceunlock is a nice to have, but this is not a show stopper and should really only be used to unlock your device, but not authenticate anything biometric, this is an insecure method. Faceunlock warns you that anyone that looks like you can bypass it, and I have tested it with both my kids, and they both can unlock my device.

I see the MAGISK prompt is enabled when app is enabled, but because of the current issue with the app auth, it doesnt work so you can either find another ROM or wait, or try to fix it. In my opinion, why? Why bother worrying about a MAGISK biometric unlock not working when you can use any other method to do the same thing. Its just not an issue in my book, so maybe thats why I am so defensive, IDK. It just doesnt bother me, and I woulndt use it if it was working as intended with something like a SUPER SU request, anything can go wrong with that setup. You could accidentally allow an SU request you didnt intend to allow, all because it picked up your face., IDK but I dont see the problem.

Thats my 2-cents, but I can see why users would want it working, I guess my point is that it shouldnt be used for things like a fingerprint, its to risky.
Magisk bio unlock was just the only place I was able to take a screenshot. The others are protected from taking a screenshot due to privacy(otherwise, it's just a black screenshot or not allowed by the app), so I figured that was the perfect example of where I can show it. Within the other apps, the option to use biometric unlock were just deleted since it was treated as it didn't have the hardware to do so.

As for the face unlock, let's just say it's night and you're sleeping, you grab your phone and it scans your face in the dark, very minimum light needed. The face unlock within Bliss wouldn't unlock because it needs more light, my guess would be due to the faster face scan, It's not as accurate as stock(basically how you need to rotate your face to get a good scan of your face).

Now, for the random unlocking in your desk, I too experienced the same thing, but only on Bliss. I had my phone on my Pixel Stand while on the PC and it randomly unlocked. I fixed that by turning skip lockscreen off. I always have the lift to wake option disabled as well since that's the main reason for the random unlocking.

Lastly, just providing some details of some issues on the release.

Edit: Also, Magisk's bio unlock doesn't allow it just based on your face. It's actually added security. Once you click allow or deny, you then have to scan your face to able able to authenticate your action rather than just hitting allow or deny and be done with it.

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Magisk bio unlock was just the only place I was able to take a screenshot. The others are protected from taking a screenshot due to privacy(otherwise, it's just a black screenshot or not allowed by the app), so I figured that was the perfect example of where I can show it. Within the other apps, the option to use biometric unlock were just deleted since it was treated as it didn't have the hardware to do so.

As for the face unlock, let's just say it's night and you're sleeping, you grab your phone and it scans your face in the dark, very minimum light needed. The face unlock within Bliss wouldn't unlock because it needs more light, my guess would be due to the faster face scan, It's not as accurate as stock(basically how you need to rotate your face to get a good scan of your face).

Now, for the random unlocking in your desk, I too experienced the same thing, but only on Bliss. I had my phone on my Pixel Stand while on the PC and it randomly unlocked. I fixed that by turning skip lockscreen off. I always have the lift to wake option disabled as well since that's the main reason for the random unlocking.

Lastly, just providing some details of some issues on the release.

Edit: Also, Magisk's bio unlock doesn't allow it just based on your face. It's actually added security. Once you click allow or deny, you then have to scan your face to able able to authenticate your action rather than just hitting allow or deny and be done with it.

Yup, understood, I do not use (nor trust) biometrics all that much, so I haven't enabled it in MAGISK, but it makes sense. An extra SU layer of protection which is good makes sense to use the faceunlock+SU reply (allow).

I already have skip lockscreen set (always set when the ROM supports it). I was more saying it for replying to the faceunlock not working in different lights comment. I have the exact opposite affect, it works TOO well for me, but still I like having it available when my hands are tied up. That's what I was more meaning than anything else. I also disable any and all lockscreen notifications, or wakes, or gestures, or "always show", or "lift to check", things like that. I do not want my screen waking or displaying nor do I use the squeeze gestures or any type of gestures as they are all battery wasters. With my setup and how I run it, I have a REALLY cool droid running Nova with a ton of theming and customizations, but the battery lasts almost 2 days when idle. When in use, I still get tremendous battery life with a bunch of cool looking features.

It just works in my book, I have zero issues or complaints with the latest Bliss. The app auth with faceunlock isnt an issue so honestly I wasnt looking to debugging it. I will speak with Marv and see if its something he wants me to look into, or just let it go (he may also be working on it upstream and I dont know).

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
LG G7 ThinQ
Google Pixel 4 XL
@GROOVYJOSHCLARK @bigmarv31

Figured out a better way to explain the face unlock thing I was talking about...

The current implementation doesn't use the Pixel 4 face unlock sensors, it just uses the camera only, which is the original Android face unlock from the old days. That's why it didn't work in the dark or bad lighting. Is there a way to get the normal Pixel 4 face unlock working?

I was surfing around on Telegram and saw someone say something about face unlock being a GApps thing, but not sure if that's just the old face unlock and not the Pixel 4 version.

Thanks

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Figured out a better way to explain the face unlock thing I was talking about...

The current implementation doesn't use the Pixel 4 face unlock sensors, it just uses the camera only, which is the original Android face unlock from the old days. That's why it didn't work in the dark or bad lighting. Is there a way to get the normal Pixel 4 face unlock working?

I was surfing around on Telegram and saw someone say something about face unlock being a GApps thing, but not sure if that's just the old face unlock and not the Pixel 4 version.

Thanks
IDK, and I'm not sure, I say let's try to figure it out, I'm curious myself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry Guys Its been crazy but I do have Bliss cooking in the oven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE SOON

Thanks
    qtDlAth.png

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you
    BlissRoms based on Android 10

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.
    Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.

A7JONTD.png

Code:
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4][U][URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms"]BlissRoms Sources[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4][U][URL="https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices"]BlissRoms Device Sources[/URL][/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

M8leihh.png

Bliss Beta Downloads
    ROM download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MWjcAhMbkCGVOxBUz7Eqy2LLFS2ahY2d/view?usp=sharing
    Boot image download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ABxyB977RHWp5hWYdoe2QFqSFlrcL3tS/view?usp=sharing
    Changelog: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1szo9JXkJfncO3bbj6TAh09yihotIotzc/view?usp=sharing

Kernel Source: https://github.com/fsociety-kernel/...://github.com/wrongway213/device_google_coral
    Vendor source: https://github.com/BlissRoms-Devices/proprietary_android_vendor_google

Bliss P4XL Telegram Group: https://t.me/BlissP4XL

Bliss Device Downloads
    Bliss Download Server
    SourceForge

Known Coral Issues:
    - Motion Sense does not work - as of June 21 build, Motion Sense can no longer be enabled via initial setup. Please clean flash if experiencing any instability coming from a build before 06/21 with Motion Sense enabled.

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
    Code:
    [B]Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.  Please make sure you download the correct version of Bliss for your specific device.  The links are labeled clearly.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Download the latest Bliss Rom[/B]
    [*][B]Connect to adb via PC[/B]
    [*][B]adb reboot bootloader[/B]
    [*][B] For first time flashers only - factory reset, then fastboot --slot all flash boot boot.img[/B]
    [*][B]Reboot into recovery[/B]
    [*][B]adb sideload nameofzip.zip[/B]
    [*][B]Reboot[/B]
    [*][B]First boot may take up to 10 minutes. This is due to Gapps and root optimization.[/B]
    [/LIST][/CENTER]

aWICthQ.png

Code:
    [B]If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us.  It will save you and our team quite some time.[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*][B]Download the [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Catlog[/U][/COLOR][/URL] app from the Play Store.[/B]
    [*][B]There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.[/B]
    [*][B]After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.[/B]
    [*][B]Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.[/B]
    [*][B]As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.[/B]
    [*][B]Copy and paste the entire log either to [URL="http://hastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Hastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL] or [URL="http://pastebin.com"][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][U]Pastebin[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/B]
    [*][B]Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.[/B]
    [/LIST]

myCEQmI.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]
    @Jackeagle 
    @electrikjesus 
    @Rohan purohit
    @rwaterspf1 
    @Makaveli_da_dev 
    @ElfinJNoty 
    @BitOBSessiOn 
    @customworx
    @nilac 
    @sixohtew 
    @aclegg2011 
    @Roger.T 
    @T.M.Wrath 
    @kanttii 
    @rev3nt3ch 
    @techfreak243 
    @SuperDroidBond 
    @USA_RedDragon 
    @bcrichster
    @deadmanxXD 
    @krittin98 
    @BlackScorpion 
    @techexhibeo 
    @droidbot 
    @siphonay 
    @pacer456 
    @nitin1438 
    @theGeekyLad 
    @kunalshah912
    @lordarcadius
    @AryanAA
    [/B]
    [/COLOR]
    A huge thanks to Chainfire, Dirty Unicorns, AOSiP, ABC, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!
    We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!

About BlissROMs

Team membership consist of and provides:
    Training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers when available, download servers, design & development software, as well as a stress free team oriented community of professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development. To join our team, please visit either of our websites, and find the Join Team Bliss link.

If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:
    yMdcL5e.png

PayPal Link

WE ARE A U.S. FEDERAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION (501c3)

2rw5ves.png

We receive a small donation each time you make a purchase with “Amazon Smile”:

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195https://smile.amazon.com/ch/82-3580195

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.
    We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.
    Please do not ask for ETA's
    We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread. Moderators, feel free to enforce anything you feel is necessary to stop bad posts

Team Bliss will allow some minor off-topic comments in our development threads. Please post in the general forums for off-topic comments and/or questions. Overall, please keep comments relevant to development, as this better helps you and our teamwhen trying to determine problems that users are having. We appreciate all levels of knowledge in our threads, and therefore we ask that the seasoned members be helpful to those with less knowledge. Most importantly, do NOT troll those with less knowledge than yourself.
    Should you feel inclined to not abide by our request, the XDA Moderators may be called in to remove posts. We thank you for adhering to our thread rules.​

wwdX3pH.png

Code:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][U][SIZE=5][URL="https://blissroms.com"]Website[/URL][/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B][U][SIZE=5]Official Platform Links[/SIZE][/U][/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.facebook.com/BlissFamilyOfROMs"]BlissRoms Facebook[/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Bliss_ROMs"]BlissRoms Twitter[/URL]
    [URL="https://www.instagram.com/blissroms"]BlissRoms Instagram[/URL]
    [URL="https://t.me/Team_Bliss_Community"]BlissRoms Telegram[/URL]

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissRoms 12.x Q, ROM for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Contributors
    wrongway213
    Source Code: https://github.com/blissroms

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Coral latest radio & bootloader
    Based On: Lineage, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-03-29
    Last Updated 2020-06-22
    To-do list/known issue, imperfections and annoyances
    *Screen flashing issue on reboots that renders device unusable - SERIOUS ISSUE - testing a fix in 04/11 build
    *Motion sense - in the works for ROM - can be enabled via intial SetupWizard on clean flash but can't be accessed beyond that
    *System Info- fix displaying kernel info in QS - on hold for more important stuff
    *Status bar padding - try to get everything even * fixed 03/31 build
    *Fix screen flickering lockscreen issue when device is put to sleep * fixed 03/31 build
    *Remove duplicate AOSP apps * fixed 04/03 build
    *Themes - statusbar icon overlays missing * fixed 04/03 build
    Finally, our reboot of death issue has been confirmed - the implementation for SOLI is indeed the cause. Whether there is another way to add SOLI to ROM source without breaking other things is currently being evaluated. I just wanted to update everyone that the issue has been found - whether it can be fixed without removing SOLI entirely isn't something I know yet, but I didn't wanna keep everyone in the dark. When I find out more, you guys will know more :good: