[ROM] [07/06] [UNOFFICIAL] [BETA] [5.1.1] OmniROM for KLTE

Search This thread

Pollie81

Mar 8, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
Might be a while. Unfortunately there is issues with the framework and this is why the camera does not work. I believe that I have the camera fixed but unfortunately the fix has broken the audio and does not allow me to boot to the device. Once I can figure out what is wrong and fix it it should be bug free so far. Not sure how long it will take to diagnose the problem though...

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
No problem, I'll read it right here when it's fixed..

Ave666

Nov 18, 2011
So, what's the progress on this rom? Caf branch on klte work well with dirtyunicorn

gigoo25

Jul 29, 2009
So, what's the progress on this rom? Caf branch on klte work well with dirtyunicorn

Still having issues when compiling with the camera. For some reason when I add the needed symbols for HDR and compile the ROM it bootloops saying that its waiting for the media_audio.policy service...

calvin35

Dec 29, 2011
If there something special in supposed to do to get this to flash in TWRP? I've downloaded the latest build twice and it fails to flash. I'm on a G900T.

htb2050

Apr 8, 2009
Not sure if I'll ever update this. I'm about to move on to the Nexus 6p. However I have my sources ported on github of you'd like to compile it...

Sure I would like to try it. However I haven't compiled a rom from source yet. If possible then can you please write a short method of how would you go to compile a rom from start to finish and then I can learn and figure out everything else from there.

Spartaner25

Jul 25, 2008
spartaner25.github.io
It looks like you did an amazing work so far, and it would be great to have a fully working rom, so as someone who ported a rom before and is very interested in omni rom on the klte but would like to have a working camera, I would like to ask, if you could explain the issue in more detail?

gigoo25

Jul 29, 2009
It looks like you did an amazing work so far, and it would be great to have a fully working rom, so as someone who ported a rom before and is very interested in omni rom on the klte but would like to have a working camera, I would like to ask, if you could explain the issue in more detail?

It seems to be a framework issue on OMNIs part. Since OMNI was never available to CAF devices some of the stuff in the framework is still non functional on all devices. I believe the camera actually works, but it seemed to break the audio manager. So if I enabled the camera the audio manager would break and the phone would be stuck in a boot loop. I haven't compiled a new version in quite a while. Maybe I can find some patches on gerrit that I can cherry pick to fix the issue... Just don't have a lot of time on my hands to compile these days..

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
It seems to be a framework issue on OMNIs part. Since OMNI was never available to CAF devices some of the stuff in the framework is still non functional on all devices. I believe the camera actually works, but it seemed to break the audio manager. So if I enabled the camera the audio manager would break and the phone would be stuck in a boot loop. I haven't compiled a new version in quite a while. Maybe I can find some patches on gerrit that I can cherry pick to fix the issue... Just don't have a lot of time on my hands to compile these days..

That's exactly what I found too. Trying to fix the camera resulted in kmesg boot errors "Waiting for audio device" or something to that effect. If you can tell me what to look for as far as patches go I might could take a run at building it. Thanks for taking the time to take another look at this. =)

Reactions: EXV and miki2o

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-27-at-3.46.54-PM-590x330.png

*DISCLAIMER*
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Hello everyone I am an upcoming developer as some of you may know me from BAREBONES ROM, I decided to port over my favourite ROM flavour which is OmniROM (obviously). This is still in very very early stages! After weeks of fixing build errors I have finally got myself a compiled version of OmniROM for the KLTE. The latest version boots and is usable as a daily driver except for the non working features listed in post number 3. I am hoping to get support and feedback through the journey of getting this running. Logcats, testing and feedback is going to be necessary if we want this to become stable! Hope everyone Enjoys!

This ROM was built using OmniROM repos and CM configs as a base. Lots and lots of modding to the device configurations has been made to make it compatible with OmniROMs source code. Do not try to use these device configurations to build anything other than OmniROM!
    SOURCE

Download like always is at the top of the page!

BUY ME A BEER/COFFEE TO SUPPORT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT!

Thanks to Entropy512 for helping me out with this project!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [07/06] [UNOFFICIAL] [BETA] [5.1.1] OmniROM for KLTE, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    gigoo25, ktoonsez, Entropy512
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: OMNI,CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-09
    Last Updated 2015-07-06
    UPDATE: This project is not dead. Still working hard to make this stable and have all features. Slowly fixing all of the current bugs (Camera/NFC) should be a stable release soon once camera is working properly.
    Update: Been trying to compile working builds for a couple of days now. It seems that once I fix one issue 10 more appear. Redownloading a clean repo and creating a fresh device tree tomorrow. Fingers crossed it works! ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
    Working Build!

A working build is finally up guys! Definitely not a daily drive as of right now but hopefully soon! Will start to work on AOKP once this is fully functional!
    New build!

New build is up. Will upload it at the end of the month. (My ISP has decided to cap my bandwidth so I cant upload it this month...)

If you'd like to test it you're going to have to compile it from source yourself. Source is in the main post.

Changelog:
    omni-5.1.1-20150518-klte-HOMEMADE.zip
    -Fixed Brightness
    -Fixed in-call audio
    -Fixed Headphones audio
    -Fixed Omnitorch

Enjoy!

P.S. I think I will start only uploading build that are major. Such as when NFC and Camera are both fixed.