[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
Don't get to excited about extended quick settings yet. It's definitely possible but my abilities may let me down. Going to look into it tonight.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
Someone else had a problem with gmail not showing. The app is supposed to auto install its self on the first boot.you can download gmail from the market or check your SD card for a folder called virtuous_sense/app.Rom
The apk will be in there.

kingchris

Apr 17, 2007
Cool. I'm going to look at doing a transparency mod and adding more options in the quick settings.

Check this out as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1185113 its a mod that makes rosie rotate with out having the keyboard open. Credits to dumraden :)

htanks for that posting. this was one of the things im looking for.
now i have a nice rotated Rosie when my phone is in the dockingstation.

if someone find the Rosie with the modded Personalize button, i would be thankfull if he posts it here

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
htanks for that posting. this was one of the things im looking for.
now i have a nice rotated Rosie when my phone is in the dockingstation.

if someone find the Rosie with the modded Personalize button, i would be thankfull if he posts it here

Check the DHD forums I think someone has found away to do it. I'll look into it later anyway.

Reactions: kingchris

kingchris

Apr 17, 2007
Check the DHD forums I think someone has found away to do it. I'll look into it later anyway.

thanks for the Tip.

here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887208 i found the customized rosie's

but after i wasnt sure if this were the right rosies, i decided to decompile and diff 2 of his versions and rebuild my own.

and here is my rebuild, Rotating and Customized Rosie

and DONT forget to install Launchkey from the Market or the free Version from the posted Thread

Attachments

• mod_Rosie.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • snap20110726_200118.jpg
    snap20110726_200118.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Reactions: bradley_e_smith

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
I hope some one appreciates this because I have spend about 4 hours today getting apktool setup so I could remove the recent apps from the notification bar.

I persevered and got it working eventually. So I thought I would share.

Please let me know if it works.

Very appreciated, thanks! Works perfectly so far. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is annoyed by status bar lag.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Last edited:

mreeekay

Oct 21, 2009
hi. i came accross this guide to create a flashable zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=732957

and also this

http://android.modaco.com/topic/342248-make-a-flashable-zip/

hope this helps

Thanks for the help! Can't wait to try it.

I think they put it in, I was using the panorama earlier. If no t I know someone already requested it.

Thanks, gonna try it out.

Very appreciated, thanks! Works perfectly so far. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is annoyed by status bar lag.

+1. Can't wait to try it, the lag has annoyed me but I find myself using the recent app list a lot. lol. can't wait to try the rotating rosie too. Looks like I have to start checking out the dhd forums too.

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
Thanks for the help! Can't wait to try it.

Thanks, gonna try it out.

+1. Can't wait to try it, the lag has annoyed me but I find myself using the recent app list a lot. lol. can't wait to try the rotating rosie too. Looks like I have to start checking out the dhd forums too.

DHD forums are great they have a much much bigger community than us. There us lots of cool stuff there and lots of tutorials and guides.

jimbojack_uk

Jun 17, 2009
I hope some one appreciates this because I have spend about 4 hours today getting apktool setup so I could remove the recent apps from the notification bar.

I persevered and got it working eventually. So I thought I would share.

Either push via adb

Code:
adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk

or flash in CWM

Please let me know if it works.

snap20110725_141209.png

Awesome mod, speeds things up nicely, now just keeping my fingers crossed for extended settings.

Thanks for the hard work.

Sent from my HTC Vision

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
DHD forums are great they have a much much bigger community than us. There us lots of cool stuff there and lots of tutorials and guides.

I've been curious lately... what all can we use from their threads without needing to be heavily changed/ported? Things like themes and such...

Lord Bodak

Dec 1, 2010
Chesapeake, VA
One problem I've had with Virtuous (it happened a few times while I was on 1.0.2 and happened on 2.0.0 for the first time tonight) is that when the battery starts to let low (mid-30s), sometimes the phone just shuts off. The only way to restart it is to pull the battery. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's certainly not the phone running out of power!

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
One problem I've had with Virtuous (it happened a few times while I was on 1.0.2 and happened on 2.0.0 for the first time tonight) is that when the battery starts to let low (mid-30s), sometimes the phone just shuts off. The only way to restart it is to pull the battery. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's certainly not the phone running out of power!

I have never experience what you did... ever. even when I was at 8% battery life. It is probably an app screwing with your phone.

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
I am loving this rom more each day.

I saw the 3d game Destroy Gunners on the XDA portal - thought I would give it a go, despite all the listed requirements stating it needed a phone released summer 2011 etc.
It runs fine, but when finished I returned to the homescreen and rosie had not even needed to reload. Marvelous.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!