[ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Search This thread

rollex

Feb 17, 2011
Jyväskylä
roni.laukkarinen.info
You don't need to get a new radio =)

It's the same thing. Yeah, yeah, I know H and 3G+ are different technically. what I mean is, there are either icons for G, 3G, and H, or G, 3G, and 3G+ in a rom. Whether the icon is 3G+ or H, its referring to your carrier's speed that is faster than 3G.

There are flashable zips you can get that change the icons from H to 3G+, if you would prefer! Yay for rooted androids =)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Thanks! Very useful information to know! I still updated radio to recommended one, but it didn't affect functionality any way, maybe just better that way :)

Some people using this ROM receive thumbnail-sized MMSs

Thanks for details! I tested it out and my MMS is received in size 640x480, does this mean the same thing? I guess not because tested my wife's stock rom (no root, s-on) and it's the same there.

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
Thanks for details! I tested it out and my MMS is received in size 640x480, does this mean the same thing? I guess not because tested my wife's stock rom (no root, s-on) and it's the same there.

That may be your carrier's limit. I receive messages that are 1600x1200, sometimes larger.

asim0

Aug 22, 2010
Yes. Just a folder with nothing in it. Has to be "use_stock_theme" (needs to have the underscores)

No it's not a folder! there is a folder called virtuous_sense in your sdcard, and you must create a file named use_stock_theme : just create a text file and rename it, without any .txt extension, and reflash rom (without wiping data)

Reactions: rmk40

tun4f1sh

Dec 27, 2010
No it's not a folder! there is a folder called virtuous_sense in your sdcard, and you must create a file named use_stock_theme : just create a text file and rename it, without any .txt extension, and reflash rom (without wiping data)

Or, if you have adb setup, (first line isn't necessary if you've used Virtuous Sense before):

Code:
adb shell /system/xbin/busybox mkdir /sdcard/virtuous_sense
adb shell /system/xbin/busybox touch /sdcard/virtuous_sense/use_stock_theme

Tronar

Jul 19, 2011
Palma
HTC Facebook

Hi,

when I ran my Desire Z with the original stock rom (1.82), I had two Facebook Applications on my phone. One called Facebook and the other called HTC Facebook. I also had two respectively named accounts accessible in settings to synchronize both Facebook Apps.

After installing Virtuous Sense 2.0.0 (which I am really happy with!) unfortunately the HTC Facebook app has disappeared. There is no icon available anywhere. The only remainder of the HTC Facebook app is that again I have 2 accounts in settings that I can synchronize with. One called just Facebook and the other called HTC Facebook.

In addition in the app "Downloads" I got the information about a new HTC Facebook App dated 22-July-2011. If I try to install that, the installation fails.

So I am stuck with the regular Facebook App, which has many limitations I don't like. I am also not happy with having a semi-dead application installed on my phone, that does not fully work and can't be updated.

I have the same problem with two phones. One was an unbranded Desire Z, the other a Vodafone branded Desire Z (for my wife). Debranding, rooting, installing Virtuous etc. went fine, but both phones now show this weird behaviour with respect to the HtcFacebook.apk

So I think I can rule out a mistake made during the flashing process or any hardware related issue.

Anybody here having the same problem?

Thank you in advance,

Tronar

Jan 12, 2010

I made a folder with that name in the virtuous sense folder, and it worked

Sent from my HTC Vision

monomer888

Sep 20, 2009
The mms fix was weird. Really didn't work for me by just flashing alone. It changed the values but I did the modify default.xml and then flashed the mms fixed because it has the larger values.

Sent from my Virtuous Sense 2.0 Streamlined

I'm not sure why you quoted my post as it wasn't about the tiny mms fix - I was just posting a requested apk. :)

As far as I know, rmk's mms fix (from Twitter) patches Mms.apk so that you can send bigger sized photos.

In terms of receiving mms, there is another flashable zip file floating around that changes the UA string in default.xml, as well as replace some other files. Unfortunately for this fix, you need to do a complete factory reset and flash it before first boot-up.

Although I've not used it specifically with this ROM, I successfully used a modified version of said file on the the stock gingerbread sense ROM (on which Virtuous Sense 2 is based) to tell it to use a Bravo/HTC Desire UA string in default.xml.

For some reason, just editing default.xml by itself wasn't enough to do this as it had been on Virtuous Unity, the other files had to be replaced as well.

As I'm in the UK, the HTC Desire was a safe choice, and it let me receive 300k pics rather than the 60-80k ones that the O2 Network servers preferred to downscale to.

As always, your mileage may vary. :)

popimp315

Nov 10, 2010
I don't want to wipe and start all over again...

It sucks, but worth it in the end. On another note, I finally found settings that work. At first I couldn't get right sized pics, but could text past 160 sms. Then I couldn't send sms past 160, and not get large pics. Now I have them both. I first did the mms fix (the default.xml fix which means changing your phone to "appear" as a nexus one). Then I flashed the mms fix to change the values and set it to the largest settings. I messed up by matching rils, but I just extracted the ones from the original rom, placed them over and viola...all better. I am a tmobile user so hopefully this helps someone else. Using the .30 radio.

Edit: I selected tmobile data in the apn list.

Sent from my Virtuous 2.0 Streamlined

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][07/18/11] Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 :: Enhanced & Optimized Stock ROM (2.42.405.2)

Virtuous Sense is a custom ROM for the HTC Vision series of phones (G2, DesireZ, etc). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Desire-Z Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements. Virtuous started on the HTC Droid Incredible and is currently one of the most popular ROMs for that device. Virtuous for the Incredible has over 6000 users with an established reputation for stability; which we intend to continue for Vision users.

Features
    • Based off the official DesireZ Sense ROM (WWE 2.42.405.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Wifi calling included and fully functional, conditionally installed for T-Mobile USA users only.
    • Optical trackpad unlock/wake.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Virtuous Sense custom kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 245760 / 599040 (conservative). Screen On: 245760 / 998400 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations such as use of ext4 for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Added applications: ChromeToPhone, Google Voice and Titanium Backup. Since these are Market apps, they are automatically installed in /data/app for easy removal if desired.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Disabled boot animation audio.

• Automatic Virtuous OTA upgrade notification and installation via ROM Manager.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.
    Reserved for future use.
    I made a flashable version of the newest OTA (2.42.405.4). We have no idea what the changelog looks like, so don't expect anything too different. What this is:

- the 2.42.405.4 OTA patches merged into the 2.42.405.2 RUU.
    - rooted
    - deodexed
    - zipaligned
    - busybox added
    - init.d support added

Nothing else. No bloat removed, no custom kernel, no OC daemon, etc. Flash it via recovery (CWM/4EXT). It won't modify your radio or anything like that.

http://minus.com/lIsMOuefCcPeC

md5: A1DE1D5F6D549068CA47BE6EA0E0CE58

Please don't contact me for support. Feel free to base whatever you want on this.
    Version 0.8.0 is now available! Please note that a full wipe is required prior to installation, as the this is a completely new version of Sense.

This release represents a huge amount of work. We had to redo the entire ROM and ran into several complicated bugs. Quite honestly, the last bug was so frustrating we were about to give up. Fortunately we did not and are able to bring you the absolute latest version of Sense based on Android 2.2.1.

Enjoy!