[ROM][09/12/11] Virtuous Unity Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid [2.37.0]

Search This thread

edboy21

Apr 27, 2010
San Diego
Does anyone have any problem with data lost on 2.37? Also what radio do yall recommended? The first page said "Official Radio from T-Mobile myTouch 4G Gingerbread 2.3.4" is that 12.52.60.25_26.08.04.30 or 12.55.60.25_26.09.04.26 or 12.58.60.25_26.11.04.03?

Im having the same problem and i am already using the pananche radio. data would still hang. gonna try reflashing the rom and see if that works.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Just rename the file to PD151IMG.zip, reboot phone into bootloader and select yes to flash it. No need for adb.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Also make sure to download an app called mand5 in the market to verify the md5. (VERY IMPORTANT)

jberg22

Feb 26, 2011
Just rename the file to PD151IMG.zip, reboot phone into bootloader and select yes to flash it. No need for adb.

Make sure you check the md5 first. Just download mand5 from the market to make sure they match up. If you flash a bad radio with the wrong md5 I'm pretty sure it'll brick your phone. I've never had a time were they didn't match, but might as well take the extra step just in case.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

el-jodio

Oct 21, 2010
In spareparts make sure you have window animation set to normal. Not fast or anything. Your crt animation should work fine then.
Also make sure all animations is checked in display settings.

I'm not using spare parts but I'll install it and see if I can get it going.

Edit: thanks a lot man, did just the job.

Last edited:

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
Haha thanks guys... Forgot to mention the md5 sum :p
Yea, like they said, download mand5 from the market and verify that your md5 sum matches. If it doesn't, try the download again. :)

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
reflashed twice full wipe clear cache and dalvik still no luck

I started having the data issues about two hours ago.. Was thinking to myself, is tmobile having data issues?? I went most of today on the 2.37 rom not seeing any of these issues. My roommate on sprint is having no issues at all with market or gmail. Is it the rom or is it tmobile? The myaccount app isn't working either

slamindamalibu

Oct 11, 2007
St. Louis
as we were just talking i had my wife check on her mt3g yeah i said 3g and she had internet so i went to check mine and behold its working data market gmail weather all is running great thanks virtious team

dungtran88

Mar 27, 2009
Its possibly a T-Mobile issue. I was having problems too. Burr its bach to normal now.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

I did cache and dalvik and everything work fine but I still think its T-mobile because I use 2.37 for 4 hrs with no problem then suddenly it happen and now it work perfectly.

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
I think it was tmobile issue. Data seems fine now. I'm kind of glad it happened because I loaded the panache radio during the trouble shooting and now I have better pings and appear to have better speed.

manleyaudio

Oct 29, 2010
Seattle
d0362094-e64c-35d9.jpg

This ROM kicks @$$! Thanks!

Something odd with HTC calendar app rendering, on the revolution skin on 2.37.

Edit- also seems like the honey skin does the same.

Last edited:

Noslice2002

May 22, 2007
Surprise
Anyone having issues with root explorer force closing on 2.37? Never had this issue before. Full wipe, uninstalled app then reinstalled, and still get f/c. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a fix? Cleared data, and restarted phone. Want to change frequencies, don't care for beater app. Only seems to happen when I try to enter into an etc folder. Weird.

Last edited:

edboy21

Apr 27, 2010
San Diego
Anyone having issues with root explorer force closing on 2.37? Never had this issue before. Full wipe, uninstalled app then reinstalled, and still get f/c. Anyone else having this issue, or know of a fix? Cleared data, and restarted phone. Want to change frequencies, don't care for beater app. Only seems to happen when I try to enter into an etc folder. Weird.

Im having the same problem. I tried everything, but no luck. I ended up downloading an app in the market called file expert to adjust the freq.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.45.401.2).
    The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:
    Screenshots

unity1.png
    unity2.png
    unity3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.45.401.2).
    • Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.
    • Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
    • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
    • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
    • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
    • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
    • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
    • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
    • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
    • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices
    Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
    • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
    Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

BETA 2.33.0 based off the EU Pyramid 1.45.401.2, Android 2.3.4.
    Fixed updater for those who have downloaded 2.33.0 with the borked install script.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information
    (Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Install instructions:
    1. Make a full wipe
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Reboot

Recommended radio:
    Official Radio from T-Mobile myTouch 4G Gingerbread 2.3.4

Addons for 1.26.0 and 1.27.0

A few notes
    • To get support from the team a FULL wipe is required. Without a wipe we can't help you if you have problems
    • Some changes REALLY need a full wipe to fully work, you can try a non wipe install, but do NOT report any bugs until you wiped.
    • G2 users must change to the DZ hboot
    Introduction to the new Overclocking Daemon

This ROM features a completely new way of Overclocking and managing screen states.

The History
    But before explaining it further, let's talk about previous solutions.
    There are several different approaches to achieve "screen-state-scaling".
    That means basically that the governor changes if you turn the screen off and changes back to normal when turning the screen on.

This is mainly used to restrict the amount of CPU usage (the frequency in fact) during screen off. This can lead to a major battery life increase.

The solutions so far were:

• Apps like SetCPU, which change automatically the governor based on profiles
    • Integrated solutions in the governor itself

Both these solutions have major problems.

The one with a tuner app is always a little laggy right after turning on the screen because SetCPU (or any other CPU tuner) needs some time to change the governors (up to 7 seconds). This leads mostly to major lag in the lockscreen.

The second solution is the smartass governor. It has already a screen-state-scaling included, so it reduces the frequency when the screen turn off.
    This could be a really nice solution but it has some problems too.
    Smartass most of the time is not really stable and has problems with its frequency scaling.

State-of-the-art-solution
    So we (more precisely rmk40) thought of a better solution.
    He wrote a native C Daemon which changes the governors instantly without any lag.

This leads to major performance improvements right after turning on the screen and in the lockscreen.

But at the moment this solution is a little bit harder to configure. We are planing to make a GUI for this, so you get the same comfort as using SetCPU.
    Nevertheless you can even now adjust the daemon to your needs.

Be aware that the daemon only works if all CPU tuner apps are deinstalled. Otherwise it deactivates itself.

How to adjust the daemon

The daemon is configured with 6 files in the folder /system/etc/virtuous_oc/.
    There are 3 files for the wake state and 3 for the sleep state. For each state one file for the governor, one for the minimal frequency and one for the maximal frequency.

You can easily edit these files eg. with RootExplorer or any other app which can edit system files. So you can adjust the frequencies and the governor for each state just like with SetCPU.

In order to get the available frequencies for the current kernel, just open your favorite terminal app and type
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
    You could also use adb shell to show the frequencies on your computer.

To get the available govenors use a similar approach:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

Please make sure, you are entering the right values in the daemon's config files.
    Changelog

Our changelog lives here.

Supported devices

• Desire HD (Ace)
    • Desire Z (Vision)
    • Desire S (Saga)
    • Incredible S (Vivo)
    • Inspire 4G
    • T-Mobile MT4G (Glacier)
    For those with wifi calling issues, try this pushing this to /system/app and rebooting.