[ROM - 1.2] CyanogenMod 7 nightlies for the GTab [Updated: 07-27-2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewyng

Dec 10, 2010
Québec
As suggested, I have decided to make my own thread for the Cyanogenmod nightlies and other ROMs. It will make things a lot easier in the long run.

Disclaimer: as with the other Roms, Use at your own risk! Since the CM7 nightlies are basically an ongoing beta, you run the risk to brick your Gtab if you are not careful. Use to learn NxFlash first before attempting to flash ROMS. Also, do yourself a favor and get Titanium Backup! Always backup yours apps/settings and wipe data/cache/dalvik before flashing.

These will be using the bootloader's 1.2 Pershoot's kernel (2.6.32.43 / 1.4 ghz Kernel) for GB. This ROM works with the Gtab and should work with the ZPAD altough I have no confirmation of this yet.

Thanks goes out to: Team Douche/Cyanogenmod Devs for making a great ROM, Zyhong for showing me how to update to 1.2 and a few more tricks, Maxdamage for taking the time to compile the nightlies for 1.1 users, Pershoot for making such a great kernel and Roebeet for being the one that inspired me to take my journey down the Android rom lane.

Issues:
1) Once you set up DSPmanager, it force crashes.

1) Vanilla CM7 nightly (only vold.fstab was modified):
Latest build: Build 07262011 (Changelog)

2) Modified version of the ROM: CM7Tab build 07272011

Changes in modified version
1) replaced DSPmanager.apk with a previous version that is known to work (7.0.3) (if you open it, it FCs)
2) vold.fstab is setup as sdcard for internal storage & emmc for external card
3) using pershoot's 2.6.32.43 GB kernel for 1.2 bootloader (For more info, check his blog.
4) Read_ahead_kd increased from 128 to 2048.
5) Set up overclocking by default and battery saver script + cpu governors via userinit.sh (from Zyhong's ROM, based on Caulkin's scripts).
6) Replaced Camera libs & apk to stop the 8-bit pixelling.
7) Changed values for lowmemorykiller (07102011).
8- Increased dalvik.vm.heapsize to 64m (07102011)
9) Set some values to improve video playback (07272011)

RC1 version of the rom with changes: 7.1.0 RC1 with Pershoot 42 kernel

(Sorry if this is short but I will improve the thread as it goes)

To-do list:
1) remove some apks (such as Rom manager) & create a removed apks folder.
2) change the EMMC to Sdcard2

If you have suggestions/ideas, do not hesitate to share them.

Last edited:

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
May 17, 2007
Gallifrey
AS WE ARE REORGANIZING THE GTABLET FORUM - ALL ROMS/KERNELS/ETC WILL HAVE THEIR Q&A POSTS MOVED TO THE Q&A SECTION.

THE Q&A LOCATION FOR THIS ROM IS HERE

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.