[ROM][10.0.0][OFFICIAL][WT88047] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

missioner

Feb 5, 2015
Hi guys,

What is the performance of this ROM on the 1/8 version of Redmi 2? Is it worse than LOS 15.1? How about battery life? I am currently using the 15.1 and if there is no improvement in performance and/or battery life, then I probably wouldn't bother upgrading.

P.S. Big thumbs up to Nick for keeping this device up to date!

Regards
I was reading the LM kernel thread earlier, and Luan has the same variant 1/8 like yours and he doesn't recommend moving up from Oreo. He found that the phone is laggy and suffers somewhat from the low amount of ram.

Users with the 2/16 models say it's fine with no issues.

It's up to you. Make a system image with TWRP as a back up and do a clean install. If you don't like it, then no problem, the backup will restore the phone to its original state no mess or fuss.

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

Paleskin

Apr 15, 2010
The latest build (lineage-17.1-20201017-nightly-wt88047-signed) of wt88047 has no bug and the performance is good and the icon pack and categorization is back in the launcher settings.

Thanks to Developer for this superb rom.:good::good::good:

Hope we will see Lineageos 18.1 aka Android 11 for Redmi2/prime (wt88047).:):):)

funny, i lost cellular connectivity and wifi on tge latest build

hasbyduryea

Jan 28, 2012
Jakarta
Just an info, today's build 20201024 works fine, no bugs so far.

halo juragan, can you tell me, is this rom work for daily driver? and for the installation, do we have to resize the partition if we want to install Gapps? i have a problem with gapps whe it need to resize the partition, i never succeed. thanks for the help

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
halo juragan, can you tell me, is this rom work for daily driver? and for the installation, do we have to resize the partition if we want to install Gapps? i have a problem with gapps whe it need to resize the partition, i never succeed. thanks for the help

This ROM is very stable for daily driver.
If you install modified (trimmed down) Pico OpenGapps like what I did, you don't need to resize system partition.

Edit:
This is how I trimmed the Pico OpenGapps:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83413555&postcount=391

Last edited:

chipsmart

Apr 16, 2014
Request DT2W

First thank to dev, I have a request for a next update. Since I lost the power button on my Redmi 2 Prime, I really need the DT2W feature. Thank you, hope it can be applied.
*Me on latest 17.1

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
First thank to dev, I have a request for a next update. Since I lost the power button on my Redmi 2 Prime, I really need the DT2W feature. Thank you, hope it can be applied.
*Me on latest 17.1

You can use volume button to wake up the screen
Goto settings --> system --> buttons --> enable volume button to wake device option

Oct 3, 2020
Moradabad
Features request

Hi
I am using Lineageos 17.1 on my Redmi 2 prime (HM2LTE)(Indian varient)
The rom is working as smooth as butter.
I request developers to add some features to this rom (if they can) -
1. Double tap to wake device- As mentioned in the changelog of build lineage-17.1-20201107-nightly-wt88047 (20201107) , there was a change mentioned as "Add strings for wake on gesture" in the log . I want to confirm that is it same as Double tap to wake or something else because I never get it .
2. Face unlock support - For face unlock you just need an camera in smartphones (not likely windows that need an infrared camera):laugh:

If developers can add please add these features

Nick GS01

Dec 20, 2016
Hyderabad
I inserted new sim card in my phone running Los 17.1 but its not detected it. No sim card error in network settings.

Any help how to fix it?
Its working fine with my older sim card. Thanks

jimmysofat6864

Jan 4, 2018
Sometimes when I put the phone to sleep and try to turn it back on, it doesn't wake. Even the long press of the power button to turn on the torch doesn't work either. The only way to fix it is to take out the battery and boot it up again.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Sometimes when I put the phone to sleep and try to turn it back on, it doesn't wake. Even the long press of the power button to turn on the torch doesn't work either. The only way to fix it is to take out the battery and boot it up again.
Try disabling the "Prevent accidental wake up" in Settings > Display > Advanced.
It happens on devices with proximity sensor that isn't in good condition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all , thank you Sunil, Ramkivp I followed your instructions and it's worked great

I did the below method, but with 1 change

NOTE : (This is for TAMIL font, similar you can download font files online for the needed languages) , ( TAMIL ZIP files available below, scroll down the thread you'll find - posted by Ramkivp)

Reboot to twrp recovery (or any)
    Select mount and enable system partition
    Disable "system partition read only" option - now head-over to filemanager in TWRP, you will find fonts folder (here is where we gonna place our fonts)
    Copy fonts folder to adb folder (fonts folder which has files )
    Open command prompt or powershell on adb folder path

Enter command as
    adb push fonts /system/fonts - By pushing to this folder it got worked

Or powershell command
    .\adb push fonts /system/fonts

Hit enter and fonts folder will be copied to system/fonts folder

NOTE : To prevent BOOT LOOP, Once copied please navigate to mount > and enable Data and Cache alone (NOT system)
    I have flashed latest los 17.1 20210424 nightly build on my Redmi2prime 2/16gb it flashed success fully now gapps is not flashing successfully it always shows error. Using "Arm -10-pico gapps but it shows error 70 . Here i am attaching a screenshot. Please help me . Any way to flashed working gapps. Using device without gapps but itz borring :(

For anyone with the same problem, i did this to be able to install GApps on my R2 prime:

(I tried to use gapps-config with no success, so i edited the installation script to be able to select only the apps i want to install)

- Downloaded GApps pico (but probably any version works)
    - Opened gapps .zip file
    - Opened 'installer.sh' to edit
    - Edited 'pico_gapps_list' variable to install only "packageinstallergoogle", like in the image:

1622917944533.png

*The variable you must change depends of the gapps version that you are using

- Saved the 'installer.sh' script
    - Installed via TWRP

After this steps i was able to install GApps with success
    Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 opensource builds for Wingtech WT88047, marketed as Redmi 2 by Xiaomi. The following will not be supported in this thread:
    • Custom Kernels
    • Mods
    • Modified system files
    • Xposed
    • Magisk
    • OMS
    What's not working:

Installation:
    If you are on the stock OS, you will first need a custom recovery. You can get the recommended TWRP recovery here.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to do a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

For more detailed instructions, please visit:
    Install LineageOS on wt88047

Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    OpenGApps ARM Pico
    MindTheGapps

Recommended Firmware:
    Google Drive

Changelog:
    Changes for wt88047

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report
    Gitlab Issues

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to nicknitewolf
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS

Source Code:
    Device tree
    Kernel
    LineageOS Github

Contributors
    @nicknitewolf, Lineage Team

ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: M8936FAAAANUZM-1.33887.1.41528.1
    Based On: LineageOS
    First build of the decade:
    - Upstream changes
    - Offline charging completely fixed
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1S8B_qh14gA2VujxPmq7iefe8LjufoXgz&export=download
    14/10/19 (The VoLTE Update):
    - VoLTE now works
    - FMRadio app added
    - Various shell commands added
    - Misc insignificant stuff I may or may not have forgotten about

EDIT:
    Someone has downloaded the previous file one too many times. I have uploaded a new version that includes keydisabler support!
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1_vYj9LaLnXlxyFTBaAgUE3ZLhUEQHW8B&export=download
    Build 28/10/19
    - Fix WiFi RX speeds (even with gapps installed)
    - Partially fix offline charging
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1MChgAKJe2dJiVTbugIAMmPf159EtQvmY&export=download

Test Build
    - Screen resolution lowered
    - AudioFX removed
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=19XB9QTubuXEa1kc9scGbkCopkVM-vfLG&export=download
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone