• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0.0_r40] crDroid v6.8 [OFFICIAL][HLTE/CHN/KOR/TMO]

Search This thread
Is there anyone using Google Phone app in 6.6? Would just like to know if you don't have issues. It was working great in 6.4, but now having issues in 6.6. The app don't pop up when receiving a call (just ringing), you're not able to answer the call. I already update the app and re-install it but to no avail. Though not sure if this is a ROM or app issue.

El_buho

Jan 2, 2017
Is there anyone using Google Phone app in 6.6? Would just like to know if you don't have issues. It was working great in 6.4, but now having issues in 6.6. The app don't pop up when receiving a call (just ringing), you're not able to answer the call. I already update the app and re-install it but to no avail. Though not sure if this is a ROM or app issue.
Same problem here!, The app wasn't defined as the default phone app. Change this in phone settings.

MerlF

Feb 12, 2004
White Rock
After successful installation (crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-hlte-v6.6, GApps and Magisx installed) Android setup states on home screen "hlte setup in progress, tap to finish hlte setup" The next screen asks if I want to "copy your data, set your wallpaper, and more" with the option to "start" or "remind me later" Android Setup keeps crashing but with options to click on "App info" "Close app" "Send feedback" "Copy crash log URL" Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening.

Never_OutGunned

May 8, 2011
After successful installation (crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200512-hlte-v6.6, GApps and Magisx installed) Android setup states on home screen "hlte setup in progress, tap to finish hlte setup" The next screen asks if I want to "copy your data, set your wallpaper, and more" with the option to "start" or "remind me later" Android Setup keeps crashing but with options to click on "App info" "Close app" "Send feedback" "Copy crash log URL" Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening.
Had a similar issue. Check Your launcher and whether You even have one. I am using Pixel Launcher, which I flash via gapps and had similar issue, which was caused by the Launcher not being flashed - forgot the keyword. In my case, I fixed it by just flashing gapps againg with the Pixel Launcher keyword and all was resolved.

On the topic of cameras, has anyone managed to "unlock" CameraAPI2? Several checkers say "legacy" and apps, which rely on it would not install or not find the camera. I guess this is why gapps cannot flash Google Camera, even though the package obviously has the 32bit version. I've read that in older roms this could be resolved by adding persist.HAL3.enabled=1 to the build.prop. I have tried, but for some reason I cannot edit build.prop via SmartPack Kernel Manager. Also tried MagiskHide Props Config, but there I can only add a new prop, which did not seem to work, as API2 check still reports "legacy".
Has anyone had any experience with this?

Reactions: Tony=9801

a5haman

Jun 25, 2020
If you have not been able to flash this ROM - READ THIS!

Hello everyone!

tl;dr read the last paragraph.

First of, amazing work here Joshua! Really appreciative of your work here as well as all your past contributions to the community! I am basically new here, have been out of touch with Android development for quite awhile but recently found my old Note 3 in my shelves collecting dust. Decided to breathe some new life into it when I read that your ROM is based on Android 10! The last time I flashed something on this brick was Android 5... goodness!

So anyway THANK YOU!

Ok so initially I tried to flash the ROM it did not work art all. 6.6 FYI, and i got a bootloop. Screen remained at the eye logo for the longest time. As this device was not rooted and still using stock bootloader, I used Odin to flash twrp. Immediately used the usual button combo to enter bootloader to make sure twrp sticks. Thereafter, did the usual system, Dalvik and cache wipe and then flashed the ROM, BiTGApps, LolZ and Magisk. Kept re-flashing over and over again to no avail. I also attempted different combinations of ROM versions, ie. 6.4 6.3 6.2 6.12. I am very sure I got the correct files as I know very well what variant I have.

I then decided to flash stock firmware and then try again but still getting the bootloops. I gave up. So I stuck with the stock firmware. Android 5. :( :( :(

Next comes the fix.

If some of you do not know, after the first time you use twrp, before you reboot, it will ask if you would like to prompt you upon bootup if you would like to download the offiicial twrp app so you can get the latest updates. So after flashing the stock firmware, i decided to just open twrp app and see what's new. So apparently there is a new twrp 3.4.0. What I currently have installed is 3.3.1. I thought I downloaded the latest? Went to their website. It is still 3.3.1. Apparently the latest is not published. A thought came. So many was successful in their flashes. If my variant is correct why mine did not work? No harm giving it a last try.

So this time, started from scratch. Wiped everything, flashed stock firmware with Odin, flashed latest twrp with Odin, flashed ROM 6.6, BiTGApps, LolZ and Magisk. Rebooted and prayed hard.
Lo and behold, it worked!! So yeah long story short. might be the bootloader version somehow. Even if you followed instructions exactly, try different version combos. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Tony=9801

Apr 29, 2017
crDroid

Hello guys, I'm new to this thread, firstly I'd like to thank @jprimero15 and the devs for this masterpiece keeping our Note 3 alive, I've been flashing roms for many years now so think it's only right to share my experiences on here if i come across any issues regarding this rom I'd be more than happy post issues here. Cheers :cool:

Reactions: jprimero15

jprimero15

Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2015
Oof
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Xiaomi Redmi 8A
CrDroid Updated to 6.8 Stable:

Download:
* Wait for new Links to showup on crdroid sourceforge
* Check crDroid Official Website
* Check OTA

CHANGELOG:
- crDroid Updates Merged
- July Security Patch Merged
- Alot of Features Added/Fixed

FEATURES:
* Check it here https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/10.0/README.mkdn

* If you like my work then you can
SUPPORT me by donating. Here's the link:
Paypal: https://paypal.me/lolzkernel

NOTES:
* READ THE DAMN OP
* DON'T QUOTE THIS POST (coz i might edit it)

Last edited:

Tony=9801

Apr 29, 2017
crDroid v6.8

Hi guys. Firstly thanks @jprimero15 for the update, flashing of v6.8 successful, Gapps, Lolz and Magisk an all that stuff, i hope I'm not off topic by saying i reverted back to TWRP 3.3.1-0 hlte as the newer version of the recovery was having problems flashing Lolz other than that all's good now, did any of you guys have any issues regarding the newer version of TWRP recovery? Thanks in advance :good:

Top Liked Posts