[ROM][10.0.0_r41][BETA] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy J2 (Exynos 3475)

Search This thread

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy J2 (Exynos 3475)

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

fW2xVXP.png

This is an unofficial LineageOS 17.1 build for Samsung Galaxy J2. It is just a experimental release, so you can get any issues.

This rom is discontinued for a long time, i don't remove the rom for some crazy who is fine with these bugs. I don't recommend this rom for daily driver, use 14.1 or TW roms instead.

I6WQoee.png

20th July 2021
- * System sounds fixed
* Charging fix included

18th July 2021
- Initial release

1c7iQpY.png

* Camera
* Wi-Fi Hotspot
* FM Radio
* Mobile Data (Has a workaround in patchset)
* LiveDisplay
* Audio issues (Sometimes audio stops working) (Fixed in patchset)
* Do not reboot the phone, use turn off/turn on instead.
* VoLTE (won't be fixed)
Maybe another bugs can available in this ROM. You don't need to report it because the rom will be rebased so it won't help for fixing bugs etc.

Working Features:
* Wi-Fi
* Bluetooth
* RIL
* Sound (Notifications, Audio etc.)
* Audio/Video Playback (needs more testing)
* Vibration
* MTP
* Microphone
* Accelometer/Proximity Sensor
* GPS
and unlisted another features.

8p2bafn.png

@lzzy12
@TBM 13
@bengris32
@imranpopz
@cıyanogen
@deadman96385
@FieryFlames
Thanks to everyone who has contributions on Exynos3475 Nougat.
(If i forgot any person, please pm me, i'll add you to this list)

UFPnqVS.png

@ananjaser1211
@Stricted
@danwood76

And all of the 5433/7580 AOSP developers/contributors.

You must add this contributor list if you want to building another roms using my source, forking and improving this sources etc.

Also thanks to @EyüpBa and @SharkyBeAre for testing.

Boot into Twrp.
Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Data / Cache / Dalvik& Art Cache / System
Install -> Find the rom package and select it.

q2obFUp.png

Screenshots

nfSGcw9.png

ONLY FOR J2 (2015) EXYNOS 3475 VARIANTS. TESTED ONLY ON SM-J200F VARIANT. DO NOT FLASH SPREADTRUM VARIANT OR OTHER DEVICES, YOUR DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED.

Rom:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12kaVq-5GWSccToD7ATSuBdFane3yJ2kA/view?usp=sharing
Patchset:

Recommendened GApps Package (Optional)

You can flash MagiskSU (for passing SafetyNet) if you want to.

LSf6nRi.png

https://github.com/Exynos3475/local_manifest
https://github.com/wecouldcalliteven/android

FJrP1BQ.png

* Android Lowram Mode enabled.
* If you are going to use GApps, disable Google Play Protect.
* Disable E-Mail app if you aren't going to use it.
* First boot can be laggy, let the device cool down. It should be fine.
* You can set animations to 0.5x on Developer Options.
* Do not flash kernels, modifications, fixes which are made for older versions.​

Last edited:

yaman74

Jul 15, 2021

dear cıyanogen

First of all, thank you very much for your efforts for j2lte. I'm going to install this rom but I have a few questions. Is this rom suitable for daily use and will you do development? Thanks in advance for your hard work. Best regards​

note: my phone is j200f

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a

dear cıyanogen

First of all, thank you very much for your efforts for j2lte. I'm going to install this rom but I have a few questions. Is this rom suitable for daily use and will you do development? Thanks in advance for your hard work. Best regards​

note: my phone is j200f
I don't think it's suitable for daily driver for now, also this is an experimental build. Try it your own risk.

NitishMh

Jan 14, 2021
Please try to mek android go based rom because I am not heavy user and gamer. I am just a normal user. Didn't like customisation and bla bla.

Code:
/*
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Omer5556

Apr 13, 2021
The rom is very good full feeling of android 10 and very amazing features.I tried it on my j200g but I have the sound problem and the gesture in setting not working and none camera is working can you please fix those bugs. Please help me and also the flashlight. Thank you.

Last edited:

Omer5556

Apr 13, 2021
I had reflashed it but the bugs aren't fix I will discribe you every bug which is in your rom please give me some time anyway your rom experience is very smooth. Thanks for replying me.

Omer5556

Apr 13, 2021
1) Camera Bug:
First when I saw that there was no camera app in the apps so I go to the setting>apps>camera then I saw that there is camera setting but when I open the camera from there the screen goes black and the setting stops then I download open camera from play store to test it but it shows failed to open camera camera may be used by another application ID:0
20210801_065458.jpg

2) Sound Bug:
When I download YouTube and play video there was no sound then I go to gallery and play the video there was also no sound so I searched on YouTube they said that download solid file explorer and then go to root and then system and then vendor and then etc then open mixer_paths_0.xml I opened it with quickedit and they change some settings line they search speaker and then there was no highlighted statement so I just saw from there and paste it after that I found that the sound was working but after 3 hours the sound gone this is the screen shot that what I paste in it:
20210801_070532.jpg

3) Flashlight bug:
When I tap on flashlight icon it was greyed out and didn't turn on by any other app this is the screen shot:
20210801_070822.jpg

4) Live display bug:
When I open the setting > display it shows live display for only 0.01 second and when I immediately tap on live display the screen goes black and the the setting stops this is the video:

5) gesture bug:
When I open setting>system>gestures when I tap on gestures the screen goes black and the the setting stops.
These are the bugs that I found in your rom please fix those bugs I will wait for new update anyway very nice rom.

Omer5556

Apr 13, 2021
And google assistant said that google assistant isn't available on this device
When I was using lineage is 14 there was google assistant and it was working perfectly but after flashing this custom ROM the google assistant causes problem so please fix it. Thank you

cıyanogen

Oct 16, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
1) Camera Bug:
First when I saw that there was no camera app in the apps so I go to the setting>apps>camera then I saw that there is camera setting but when I open the camera from there the screen goes black and the setting stops then I download open camera from play store to test it but it shows failed to open camera camera may be used by another application ID:0View attachment 5375247
2) Sound Bug:
When I download YouTube and play video there was no sound then I go to gallery and play the video there was also no sound so I searched on YouTube they said that download solid file explorer and then go to root and then system and then vendor and then etc then open mixer_paths_0.xml I opened it with quickedit and they change some settings line they search speaker and then there was no highlighted statement so I just saw from there and paste it after that I found that the sound was working but after 3 hours the sound gone this is the screen shot that what I paste in it:View attachment 5375251
3) Flashlight bug:
When I tap on flashlight icon it was greyed out and didn't turn on by any other app this is the screen shot:
View attachment 5375255
4) Live display bug:
When I open the setting > display it shows live display for only 0.01 second and when I immediately tap on live display the screen goes black and the the setting stops this is the video:
View attachment 5375259
5) gesture bug:
When I open setting>system>gestures when I tap on gestures the screen goes black and the the setting stops.
These are the bugs that I found in your rom please fix those bugs I will wait for new update anyway very nice rom.

Noted, thanks

Reactions: Omer5556

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy J2 (Exynos 3475)

Code:
    /*
    */

fW2xVXP.png

This is an unofficial LineageOS 17.1 build for Samsung Galaxy J2. It is just a experimental release, so you can get any issues.

This rom is discontinued for a long time, i don't remove the rom for some crazy who is fine with these bugs. I don't recommend this rom for daily driver, use 14.1 or TW roms instead.

I6WQoee.png

20th July 2021
    - * System sounds fixed
    * Charging fix included

18th July 2021
    - Initial release

1c7iQpY.png

* Camera
    * Wi-Fi Hotspot
    * FM Radio
    * Mobile Data (Has a workaround in patchset)
    * LiveDisplay
    * Audio issues (Sometimes audio stops working) (Fixed in patchset)
    * Do not reboot the phone, use turn off/turn on instead.
    * VoLTE (won't be fixed)
    Maybe another bugs can available in this ROM. You don't need to report it because the rom will be rebased so it won't help for fixing bugs etc.

Working Features:
    * Wi-Fi
    * Bluetooth
    * RIL
    * Sound (Notifications, Audio etc.)
    * Audio/Video Playback (needs more testing)
    * Vibration
    * MTP
    * Microphone
    * Accelometer/Proximity Sensor
    * GPS
    and unlisted another features.

8p2bafn.png

@lzzy12
    @TBM 13
    @bengris32
    @imranpopz
    @cıyanogen
    @deadman96385
    @FieryFlames
    Thanks to everyone who has contributions on Exynos3475 Nougat.
    (If i forgot any person, please pm me, i'll add you to this list)

UFPnqVS.png

@ananjaser1211
    @Stricted
    @danwood76

And all of the 5433/7580 AOSP developers/contributors.

You must add this contributor list if you want to building another roms using my source, forking and improving this sources etc.

Also thanks to @EyüpBa and @SharkyBeAre for testing.

Boot into Twrp.
    Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Data / Cache / Dalvik& Art Cache / System
    Install -> Find the rom package and select it.

q2obFUp.png

Screenshots

nfSGcw9.png

ONLY FOR J2 (2015) EXYNOS 3475 VARIANTS. TESTED ONLY ON SM-J200F VARIANT. DO NOT FLASH SPREADTRUM VARIANT OR OTHER DEVICES, YOUR DEVICE WILL BE BRICKED.

Rom:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12kaVq-5GWSccToD7ATSuBdFane3yJ2kA/view?usp=sharing
    Patchset:

Recommendened GApps Package (Optional)

You can flash MagiskSU (for passing SafetyNet) if you want to.

LSf6nRi.png

https://github.com/Exynos3475/local_manifest
    https://github.com/wecouldcalliteven/android

FJrP1BQ.png

* Android Lowram Mode enabled.
    * If you are going to use GApps, disable Google Play Protect.
    * Disable E-Mail app if you aren't going to use it.
    * First boot can be laggy, let the device cool down. It should be fine.
    * You can set animations to 0.5x on Developer Options.
    * Do not flash kernels, modifications, fixes which are made for older versions.​
    the ROM with ANDROID 10 is very good. It doesn't matter if the camera doesn't work, the user experience is very good and smooth.
    We will hope one day the correction of errors.
    sure! i used a Los 14.1 rom posted by TBM13 before which also had mobile data problems, your workaround worked flawlessly:

Workaround to connect to LTE (4G) networks (thanks to @cıyanogen):
    • Enable mobile data, 3G and reboot. Carrier is now available.
    • Enable LTE and reboot. The device will boot with 3G, and LTE connection should be available in around 10 seconds.
    • If you reboot or turn off the device, the carrier is not available. Enable 3G in settings and reboot.

I found the workaround for 17.1, after the patch you only need to turn on / off airplane mode on every startup, nothing else. Also it should fix the weird audio hal issues.

And as always, do not reboot the phone, use turn off/turn on instead. This is a weird bug and it breaks audio/video decoding.

Patchset is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jrO0khK-OfQ8yeT4o2mHBpDB4v-7qygL/view?usp=sharing
    I found the workaround for 17.1, after the patch you only need to turn on / off airplane mode on every startup, nothing else. Also it should fix the weird audio hal issues.

And as always, do not reboot the phone, use turn off/turn on instead. This is a weird bug and it breaks audio/video decoding.

Patchset is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jrO0khK-OfQ8yeT4o2mHBpDB4v-7qygL/view?usp=sharing
    thanks for the reply! patchset worked perfectly!!

anyway, your work is great and if i weren't a broke unemployed student writing this on a 12 years old laptop i swear i would donate some money for coffee, or in this case, helping out with your recent computer problems. hope one day i can contribute to the android community in the same way you and others are doing, have a good day!
    The rom is very good full feeling of android 10 and very amazing features.I tried it on my j200g but I have the sound problem and the gesture in setting not working and none camera is working can you please fix those bugs. Please help me and also the flashlight. Thank you.