• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0.0_r41]LineageOS 17.1 for Moto E5 (nora) + Recovery [64Bit]

Search This thread

xiuxiucymbal

Sep 6, 2020
LG V30
Moto E5
Reactions: Isaac Andrade

Asistier

Jul 24, 2021
HI, I have Motorola XT1944-2 nora, when in TWRP touch is not working, do you have any solution to move forward?
Did you find a solution? I have not been able to get the touch to work in any TWRP or in the already installed ROM. I have an XT1944-3 and nowhere have I found a solution.

Asistier

Jul 24, 2021
I have a problem and it is that when I start the ROM, the touch does not work for me, I tried to reset it from the factory and it remained the same, I restarted it and it did not work either. The only way to use it was using an OGT cable with a mouse but the touch still didn't work. My device is a Motorola Moto e5 XT-1944-3. I hope you can help me.
Mismo problema en mismo dispositivo, pudiste solucionarlo?

m3dteam

Apr 22, 2011
for TWRP, I used a mouse over OTG, it worked.
You only need to clean/wipe in TWRP, flashing happens in nora_recovery

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I manage to successfully install this ROM even though I deviated slightly from the instructions. I did the following:

fastboot boot recovery-twrp64-nora.img
Wipe -> ADVANCED -> Format Data - type yes
Wipe -> ADVANCED -- select system + vendor
reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery nora-rec.img
fastboot boot nora-rec.img
Factory reset
reboot to bootloader
Copied the Lineage and OpenGapps zips to the internal memory and flashed via TWRP without errors
This worked on a Moto E5 1920DL. Woah this is faster than stock ^_^

Here's where I have found an error: You cannot format any microsd card as internal storage sometimes. some message about null pointers happens and the settings app crashes. This happened 2x before it fixed itself, so maybe it's just my hardware.
Audio out of the speaker doesn't work, and that's not a hardware problem. Audio oit of the headphone jack works. Which log do you want?

Last edited:

Korin67

Feb 24, 2018
Hello,
I just got nora. I have finished BLU. Now I have questions to proceed.
Thanks to the article #62, I got LOS17.1 ROM. I found twrp-3.4.0-0-nora.img. I tried this TWRP but could not install LOS17.1. There was error.
So far the onlyway to install LOS17.1 is to follow the instruction by OP, is this correct?
I can download nora-rec.img. But link to twrp-nora-bootonly.img is lost (or the file was deleted). Where can I get this bootonly.img?
Thank you for your help.

Edit: I found recovery.....fix20889.img in an article. Closely follow the required steps. Yes, LOS17.1 started working like a charm. Everything is very smooth. I appreciate people who are involved in this fantastic ROM.

Last edited:

csgoisepic

Dec 25, 2018
ok its work now on first page twrp link not work here is working twrp for nora e5 1944-2

Attachments

• twrp-3.4.0-0-nora.img
    14.5 MB · Views: 38
  • nora-rec.img
    15.4 MB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ap_resize.php

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Encryption
    • Face unlock
    • GPS
    • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi

Known issues:
    • You tell me the rest :confused:

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

• fastboot boot recovery-twrp64-nora.img (ONLY BOOT IT!! TOO BIG TO FLASH!)
    • Wipe -> ADVANCED -> Format Data - type yes
    • Wipe -> ADVANCED -- select system + vendor -> SWIPE TO WIPE
    • reboot bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery nora-rec.img
    • fastboot boot nora-rec.img
    • Factory reset
    • Flash ROM, Gapps 10 arm64 pico together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean Rom

64bit Downloads:
    ROM:

Moto E5 (Nora) XT-1944
    TWRP RECOVERY: twrp-nora-bootonly.img
    LOS RECOVERY: nora-rec.img

GAPPS: Gapps 10 arm64

Source code:
    ROM:
    https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
    KERNEL: https://github.com/motoe5/android_kernel_motorola_msm8937/tree/twerk-X

CREDITS:
    LineageOS
    Team Hyper
    CAF

Special thanks to @amaterasushen for helping make this possible :highfive:

DONATIONS:

Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/brickjungle

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-Nora, 64BIT ROM for the Moto E5

Contributors

whodat711, karthick mostwanted, JarlPenguin, amaterasushen, wiktor140
    Source Code: http://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Alpha
    I manage to successfully install this ROM even though I deviated slightly from the instructions. I did the following:

Wipe -> ADVANCED -> Format Data - type yes
    Wipe -> ADVANCED -- select system + vendor
    reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery nora-rec.img
    fastboot boot nora-rec.img
    Factory reset
    reboot to bootloader
    Copied the Lineage and OpenGapps zips to the internal memory and flashed via TWRP without errors
    Moto E5 XT1944-4
    Catching perfectly Congratulations to those who created this rom Just a few bugs Whatsapp does not record videos when sending status (incompatible file error) The screen recording function does not work (even if installing another recording application, it will not work) Other than that, this rom is perfect, I will not change it, I just hope you update it and remove these bugs
    Hello,

i have installed this ROM a few days ago and mostly have had no issues. thanks for making the ROM. I have been having one big problem. somtimes when i get a call, the screen wont wake up and i cannot wake it with the power button, missing the call. sometimes it does work. anyone else experincing this issue? im not sure what to do. i have secure boot enabled and also the pin to scramble when unlocking the phone.
    Could you please upload the ROM, I will try to rebuild it. Also what device do you have, is it 1944-2?
    Can anyone please re-upload the ROM & TWRP RECOVERY?
    gDrive is giving me page-not-found error

Thanks