Please elaborate and provide more info:
Inside Google Playstore > Settings > PlayProtect certificationPlease elaborate and provide more info:
- Is that "Google Play Store"?
- Who says it is "not certified"? Screenshots?
- What have you installed, besides LOS 17.1?
BTW, I am running LOS 17.1 since august with OpenGAPPS and no root and never got such a message/warning/request.
Thanks, reason why I ask is because I recall seeing it being certified in LOS18! It is a little laggy so I'm back to LOS17. Oh yes I'm using NikGapps stock1. Yes, it's Google's. Good.
2. OK, I see. Mine isn't either (of course). I personally don't give it a damn. On the other hand, all Play Protect scans are all OK. Yes, I know, it's a totally differen thing. But, as I trust LOS team and Karthik way more than Realme, I think the OS is OK even if its not certified. For the apps, the Play Protect means something good for me.
3. Not really. You have installed some form of GApps. Mine are OpenGApps, ARM64/9.0/pico version. I haven't root as well.
My personal opnion is... Stay calm and keep using LOS.
I'm on the last version available (lineage-17.1-20201015-UNOFFICIAL-RMX1931), with C32 firmware (and, now I've just seen a c33 is available).
What is your-- LineageOS version: LineageOS Download url: Gapps version: Did you-- wipe: restore with titanium backup: reboot after having the issue: Are you using-- a task killer: a non-stock kernel (Ignore): other modifications: Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed: