[ROM][10.0/11.0] Pixel Experience [AOSP][UNIFIED][UNOFFICIAL][2020/11/04]

Search This thread

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0 / 11.0

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED​
Download
Screenshots
Credits
- All those who helped me to build
- ghostrider_reborn for trees
- All the testers for testing my rom

Source Code - https://github.com/ghostrider-reborn
https://github.com/whyredfire https://github.com/caf-ginkgo
Rom Source Code - https://github.com/PixelExperience

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience Rom, ROM for the Redmi Note 8

Contributors
whyredFire
ROM OS Version: Android 10 / Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 Beta or Stable Firmware

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 11.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
Last Updated 2020-12-12

Last edited:
Reactions: culec

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
Update 1: Initial R Build
- Everything is working initially
- Encryption doesn't work, #BlameCAF

Download

Update 2: Second R Build
• Fixed Notch overlay
• Switched to QuicksilveR
• Kernel Upstreamed to Linux v4.14.212
• Added Kcal Support in Xiaomi Parts
• Added ACC Support in Kernel
• Updated Xiaomi Parts Translation
• Merged December Security Patch
• Synced with the latest PE Sources
• Other fixes and Improvements

Download

Last edited:

Jaiiiiiiiii

Dec 20, 2016
Manolo's build is already good, other than dt2w isn't working but can be fixed with flashing other kernel.
Question is, what significant differences are there?
Did or will manolo drop his PE and you aiming to replace?

Still, Good to see people still building pe roms and gapps builds.

LonelyDay

Jul 4, 2018
Regensburg
Manolo's build is already good, other than dt2w isn't working but can be fixed with flashing other kernel.

video recording is broken too lol
and he doesnt care about bug and all feedback from user. manolo build is g*y

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

No why, if he can build with better experience than official, why not?

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com

His build has video recording broken, also his build is based on Los Device Tree and mine on Arrow Based. I have experienced roms based on Arrow device tree are smoother than the ones based on Los. Although this is my personal observation. I think he will drop PE with R releases but I have no plans for replacing him whatsoever.
I was busy with other stuff, so sorry for late reply :)

V4ker

Dec 3, 2019
Note 8T
Overall feels much better than "official" release
Flashed over ResurrectionRemix with data wipe, everything seems good so far except for NFC module (greyed out in quick access menu, nowhere to be found in settings)
Is it just me and I have to do a clean flash or something with ROM? : )

TheGuy.030

Oct 14, 2020
HDR in Gcam Bug

So, today I installed this custom rom.
I'm installed the gcam, but when i turned on HDR my camera absolutely messed up with purple color
I hope u still support this rom!
Thank you.

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
So, today I installed this custom rom.
I'm installed the gcam, but when i turned on HDR my camera absolutely messed up with purple color
I hope u still support this rom!
Thank you.

Yes, I know exactly what's causing that. But unfortunately my exams are very near and there is no hotfix for this one. But will try my best to do another build with this thing fixed and will give you a smoother ui experience as compared to this one. Also november security patch is here, so I might do a build this weekend with the fixes.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
Yes, I know exactly what's causing that. But unfortunately my exams are very near and there is no hotfix for this one. But will try my best to do another build with this thing fixed and will give you a smoother ui experience as compared to this one. Also november security patch is here, so I might do a build this weekend with the fixes.

Cheers, Since eleven is here I'm wondering if you want to take the official on this rom, the guy who stepped in for bad code walk seems to be out of the picture.

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
Cheers, Since eleven is here I'm wondering if you want to take the official on this rom, the guy who stepped in for bad code walk seems to be out of the picture.
Thanks for your kind and humble support ❤️. But only if it was possible. I just got into building roms and arguably this is the first rom that I compiled. I'm glad you all are liking it so far. As for eleven, either a new maintainer would step up, or the past one would improve theirs. And if none of them happen, I'm be still here to do that. We can't replace existing maintainer untill and unless he kangs stuff, else it'll be disrespectful for him/her.
I hope you understand.
Although since Android 11 is still new and in works, I'll release an EOL build with Android 10 which should fix the known issues.

Last edited:

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks for your kind and humble support . But only if it was possible. I just got into building roms and arguably this is the first rom that I compiled. I'm glad you all are liking it so far. As for eleven, either a new maintainer would step up, or the past one would improve theirs. And if none of them happen, I'm be still here to do that. We can't replace existing maintainer untill and unless he kangs stuff, else it'll be disrespectful for him/her.
I hope you understand.
Although since Android 11 is still new and in works, I'll release an EOL build with Android 10 which should fix the known issues.

I've built a few ROM's and as long as you keep your dev tree open and kernel stable going it's going to be fine. There are a lot of us that can help out with reviewing, adding and testing. I'm mainly doing C so my thing is mostly just backporting for kernel and making some new solutions.

My personal builds are based on your tree (from your github) but with a few changes that no one else will use anyway because users don't want to learn how to make a swap file on external memory or how to move caches from memory to disk when it isn't ever... ever... ever... used. A bit of that is resolved with the new PSI patches for 11 but that's for a later time.

You take care and trust me, I am nothing if not kind. My main concern originally with the PE dev was that he/she or her family was in trouble, as many are these days. I doubt he'd be "kanging" stuff (which to the best of my understanding is including things proclaiming them as your own in your commits rather than using the actual commits as are and then adding your own commit to fix them if need be). I think that when it comes to FLOSS programming and the Github system we all use we are honest about what we're doing.

whyredFire

Sep 19, 2020
www.github.com
I've built a few ROM's and as long as you keep your dev tree open and kernel stable going it's going to be fine. There are a lot of us that can help out with reviewing, adding and testing. I'm mainly doing C so my thing is mostly just backporting for kernel and making some new solutions.

My personal builds are based on your tree (from your github) but with a few changes that no one else will use anyway because users don't want to learn how to make a swap file on external memory or how to move caches from memory to disk when it isn't ever... ever... ever... used. A bit of that is resolved with the new PSI patches for 11 but that's for a later time.

You take care and trust me, I am nothing if not kind. My main concern originally with the PE dev was that he/she or her family was in trouble, as many are these days. I doubt he'd be "kanging" stuff (which to the best of my understanding is including things proclaiming them as your own in your commits rather than using the actual commits as are and then adding your own commit to fix them if need be). I think that when it comes to FLOSS programming and the Github system we all use we are honest about what we're doing.
I'm sorry just because I am seeing this one too late, was too busy with my school stuff. I just did another build for EOL and if everything goes fine, will release it asap. This time we have a big changelog coming.

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020
I am doing this on my personal server. I can't afford to build two roms at the same time. I am doing PE because that's the one which gives the vanilla feel of a Pixel Device, so in conclusion I won't be able to do PE Plus anytime soon.

I'll build one if you'd like, I already have the Plus downloaded and you did good work on the tree, I'll just assume that the deps are from your Github unless otherwise stated directly in the tree.

I've done my own build already but it takes a bit of knowledge to use it, you have to create a swap file on the SD to use it because it mounts it earlier in the process and uses the swap there, also some changes to the kernel to take advantage of having a true Linux setup with one cache for clean pages and direct cache to disk so you don't have to swap back to what is already in memory or on disk.

The whole system really needs to be reworked but I won't have time to do that until after New Years so it'll have to wait.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I'm sorry just because I am seeing this one too late, was too busy with my school stuff. I just did another build for EOL and if everything goes fine, will release it asap. This time we have a big changelog coming.

Noted changes for pe on your device tree, which kernel are you using for this?

MichaelMay

Nov 15, 2020

If everything goes well I'd like to try it but please update your device tree to match before release, I'll fork it and add to it but you really have to do a full push that can be used to build it as is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0 / 11.0

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED​
    Download
    Screenshots
    Credits
    - All those who helped me to build
    - ghostrider_reborn for trees
    - All the testers for testing my rom

Source Code - https://github.com/ghostrider-reborn
    https://github.com/whyredfire https://github.com/caf-ginkgo
    Rom Source Code - https://github.com/PixelExperience

XDA:DevDB Information