• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0/11.0][S10e/S10/S10+] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/09/11]

Search This thread

5a5ch4

Sep 7, 2019
Hello everybody, :victory:

I would like to install "PixelExperience_Plus_beyond0lte-10.0-20200920-1405-UNOFFICIAL.zip", unfortunately I do not get the TWRP installed, someone has a very simple instruction for me.

My data:
Model: SM-970F
Stock-Rom: G970FXXS9DTI8
Bootloader unlocked
Root with Magist 8.0 this method (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3a8YnWT3yk)

Many thanks in advance

expressluke

Hello everybody, :victory:

I would like to install "PixelExperience_Plus_beyond0lte-10.0-20200920-1405-UNOFFICIAL.zip", unfortunately I do not get the TWRP installed, someone has a very simple instruction for me.

My data:
Model: SM-970F
Stock-Rom: G970FXXS9DTI8
Bootloader unlocked
Root with Magist 8.0 this method (
)

Many thanks in advance
You need twrp. It's part of the instructions

5a5ch4

Sep 7, 2019
After I have done the instructions "Activation of the root account with TWRP + Magisk Manager" I would like to install a Pixel-Experience Custom-Rom. Now my question: In which order do I proceed in TWRP mode?

Hope someone can list a quick and short guide for me.

My data:
Galaxy S10e SM-G970F - beyond0lte
Stock-Rom: AP_G970FXXS9DTI8_CL19530501_QB34489429_REV01_magisk_patched.tar
MagiskManager-v8.0.0.apk
twrp-beyond0lte-3.4.0-3_ianmacd_magisk_patched.tar
multidisabler-samsung-2.6.zip

Thank you and best regards.

Last edited:

Melissakis

Aug 27, 2013
Thessaloniki
Hi,
my warranty nears to its end, so I consider to root my S10. My only concern are the banking apps, how well do they behave with magisk? Does magisk cover root easily and effectively?

expressluke

Hi,
my warranty nears to its end, so I consider to root my S10. My only concern are the banking apps, how well do they behave with magisk? Does magisk cover root easily and effectively?
Most banking apps will work with just enabling magisk hide and/or masking the magisk manager app. However can't guarantee this for your banking app because all are varying levels of success

grujea

Apr 3, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have an Exynos S10, running on stock rom, never rooted etc. I have installed custom OS's in the past (a couple of years ago) but I'm not so familiar with the process anymore...

I would like to install PixelExperience Plus on this device, but I need to root it first (I guess)... Can anyone please share a link or a list of steps to follow for installation coming from stock rom?
Planning to use magisk also, in order to use banking apps and netflix etc. - I've noticed the link in the OP, but I don't know at what point in the installation process I need to flash it...

Looking forward to trying this ROM! Many thanks!

Edit: Solved! See my next post.

Last edited:

d14gvn

Dec 25, 2010
Concepción
Hello everybody,

I have an Exynos S10, running on stock rom, never rooted etc. I have installed custom OS's in the past (a couple of years ago) but I'm not so familiar with the process anymore...

I would like to install PixelExperience Plus on this device, but I need to root it first (I guess)... Can anyone please share a link or a list of steps to follow for installation coming from stock rom?
Planning to use magisk also, in order to use banking apps and netflix etc. - I've noticed the link in the OP, but I don't know at what point in the installation process I need to flash it...

Looking forward to trying this ROM! Many thanks!

I'm forwarding this because I need the same help please!! Samsung and knox are new for me in terms of custom roms!

grujea

Apr 3, 2011
I have found a post that is exactly what I(we) needed in the Lineage OS thread. Unfortunately, it was a little too late for me, as I have managed to go through with the process by going through tedious research, and two softbricks (until now, at least).
Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83739341&postcount=1540

A word of caution! Do not try on doing this process if you have the lastest stock firmware ( october security patch / DTI8 ).
I'm suspecting that this is the reason of my softbricks. Latest TWRP release is based on the september kernel. (Disclaimer: I may be wrong, I don't know the technical part of it, it's just my common sense)

Later edit:

It wasn't TWRP, but Pixel Experience OS. It is based on the september release as well.
Managed to flash Lineage OS october in the end.

Last edited:

gfrewqpoiu

Dec 1, 2015
Just like grujea said, don't install this rom if you have the October 2020 security patch, you cannot downgrade security patch level, the device will refuse to boot. I hope we will soon get a version with the October patches.

chronomono

Dec 6, 2014
Hi sorry for the noobie question. I plan to cop a pre owned s10. Just wondering if any of these custom ROMs (stock included) work with WiFi 6 aka 802.11 ax. Thank you.

Methanoid

Aug 10, 2005
Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

OK so I see in thread several people report Fingerprint Sensor (variable reliability) and no VoLTE so why isn't the OP updated?

I'd so love a working PE for this phone :(

expressluke

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

OK so I see in thread several people report Fingerprint Sensor (variable reliability) and no VoLTE so why isn't the OP updated?

I'd so love a working PE for this phone :(

1. No known bug with Fingerprint Sensor. - The reliability is same as stock samsung, only notable thing is when enrolling you have to tap the scanner rather than tap and hold, but that has nothing to do with the fingerprint scanner reliability, and is down to the way AOSP handles the scanning.

2.l VoLTE is clearly not available in any AOSP based ROM on any samsung phone so some common sense should be taken account of here.

If you're looking to have VoLTE, I would stay away from custom ROMs not based on stock, or go to another device as it is highly unlikely to ever work on a Samsung due to its implementation.

Also noting the above, the rom is stable for daily use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frazer Scott

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
www.mobiledevices.cc
🙂 this ROM is awesome! Shoutout to the dev @turbolukex5 good work, it boots fast.

It is almost perfect for my needs, although I would like livedisplay. surprised this isn't getting more attention

I will move to the beta when TWRP supports 11. Great work 👍

edit: updated to Pixel experience android 11 , latest twrp works , and magisk boot images 😃👍

Last edited:

a1988a1

Feb 7, 2021
Hi!
I can not register my fingerprint :(
I tried short and long taps but it does not help
I do not why but when I try to install beyond1lte (for S10) and I get error "this is device is beyond2lte"
But I have S10...

I will be glad if someone can help me :)

Device
Model: SM-973F S10
Bootloader unlocked
No Magisk

I fixed after upgrading TWRP to 3.4

Last edited:

a1988a1

Feb 7, 2021
Hi again :)

I run into a problem after flashing I get error CHECK FAIL DEVICE 9 (BINARY 8)
Model: SM-973F S10
From stock G973FXXS9DTK9
Bootloader unlocked
TWRP 3.5

Anyboby help please :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts