• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0] Android Open Source Illusion Project [Cheeseburger][Dumpling][Official]

Search This thread

Grachasaurus

Apr 10, 2015
Hey, I'm using the September 12th build right now, and was using the previous one before this.
I believe there's some issue with SystemUI because over time when I pull down the notifications it stutters really bad, and becomes worse until I restart the phone or SystemUI.
It also seems to overheat the phone quite a bit and consume a lot of battery.

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
none, I was basically coerced into making an XDA thread knowing fully I wont be checking XDA that often, if you ever want to reach out and get a reply quicker (relatively) TG is your best bet
Not everyone uses TG or WA. XDA is so that everyone can look into, even without registration or signing in. TG and WA are just hyped and soon it will be back to XDA..

banana_bender

Jan 28, 2015
Gold Coast
TG and WA are just hyped and soon it will be back to XDA..
I'd have to disagree with you there. Telegram has push notifications, vastly superior search functions, helpful bots which provide up-to-date information, doesn't take 5 seconds to load every page and have a much more active community.

if you ever want to reach out and get a reply quicker (relatively) TG is your best bet
Is there a group for this device on TG? If so where could I find the link?

Jan 12, 2018
@OmkarTheAndroid
First of all, thanks for the ROM:good:
I have built it from source, it boots and everything is ok but I have 2 problems.
1 - I can't connect to any wifi.
When I try, Settings FC at first then after like 30 s it works again but the phone can't connect.
2 - The recent button works at first but after a reboot it stops working (I use 3 buttons navigation).
Maybe there are some commits that I should add to the source before compiling?
Thanks in advance for any help:)

OmkarTheAndroid

May 6, 2013
@OmkarTheAndroid
First of all, thanks for the ROM:good:
I have built it from source, it boots and everything is ok but I have 2 problems.
1 - I can't connect to any wifi.
When I try, Settings FC at first then after like 30 s it works again but the phone can't connect.
2 - The recent button works at first but after a reboot it stops working (I use 3 buttons navigation).
Maybe there are some commits that I should add to the source before compiling?
Thanks in advance for any help:)

I don't think there's any issue source side since everything is open and the automated builds are done without any extra patches, and if there are any you can find it in the jenkins repo on aosip-devices github.
check buttons settings in owlsnest and your kernel for wifi

Last edited:

OmkarTheAndroid

May 6, 2013
I'd have to disagree with you there. Telegram has push notifications, vastly superior search functions, helpful bots which provide up-to-date information, doesn't take 5 seconds to load every page and have a much more active community.

Is there a group for this device on TG? If so where could I find the link?

no device specific chat, ask in community chat if you need
also R for device is out as well and I am more involved in that project if you care :eyes:

Jan 12, 2018
I don't think there's any issue source side since everything is open and the automated builds are done without any extra patches, and if there are any you can find it in the jenkins repo on aosip-devices github.
check buttons settings and you kernel for wifi

Thank you for your reply:)
I managed to get it working.
The first time I had used the command "make otapackage" and for some reasons the issued I mentionned yesterday arose.
Today I resynced and rebuilt with the command "time m kronic", and now everything is working, go figure...

d1n0x

Oct 4, 2010
Whenever the proximity sensor is covered and the screen is switched off while listening to audio notes or making calls, the volume can't be adjusted, it changes the media volume instead of the call volume, having no effect on the volume through the earpiece.

The (tedious) workaround is to go into sound settings and adjust the call volume accordingly, which is quite frustrating...

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018
Anyone has problems with double tap to wake (dt2w)?
Doze seems to mess with it on my phone, dt2w doesn't work.
Or well, when I turn off the screen and double tap it within 5 seconds it works, but then no more, not exactly a normal behaviour...:confused:

defkev

Jan 17, 2014
Yesterdays build (AOSiP-10-Official-dumpling-20210621) (soft)bricks my OP5T.
It's booting but the screen is black (no boot logo either) so i suspect something is off with the proprietary blobs.
Had to reflash the previous build (AOSiP-10-Official-dumpling-20210316) to unbrick.

EDIT:
After coming home i hooked it up to grab a logcat and flashed again, it really seems like the display is failing to start up for whatever reason:

Code:
06-22 09:46:18.804   872   872 E HWComposer: prepare: presentOrValidate failed for display 0: BadDisplay (2)
06-22 09:46:18.804   872   872 E SurfaceFlinger: prepareFrame failed for DisplayDevice{0, primary, "Internal display"}: -2147483648 (Unknown error -2147483648)

followed by

Code:
06-22 09:48:47.504   824   824 E SDM     : CompManager::Prepare: Composition strategies exhausted for display = 0
06-22 09:48:47.504   824   824 E SDM     : HWCDisplay::PrepareLayerStack: Prepare failed. Error = 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are aosip buids discontinued for Oneplus 5 series? And is there any way to download the eol build?
    Are aosip buids discontinued for Oneplus 5 series? And is there any way to download the eol build?
    logo.png

Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project

About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.

Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Harsh Shandilya
    Anirudh Gupta

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Source code:

Latest Downloads:

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    Dirty Unicorns
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    CarbonROM
    nathanchance
    ---------
    Other projects whose work helped us to create this
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.0
    Based On: AOSP
    Rom has been updated if any of you haven't noticed

13th August, 2020 release

Add burn in protection for custom lockscreen clocks
    Fix NPE on SFUNY lockscreen clock style
    Fix NPE on divided lines lockscreen clock
    Add ability to change font style for new clocks
    Reduce some crashes
    Cache pin algorithms
    Cache the global proxy to avoid fetching it for every request
    Cache KeyStoreService
    Refactor killapp implementation
    Fix notification ticker layout
    overlay: drop some configs
    Disable statusbar time refresh when screen off
    Add back button for freeform window
    Force-enable permissions hub
    Smoother Upload and Download Animation for network traffic
    Longer wifi scan interval
    Remove child when a new view is added
    Inline screenshot trigger with AOSP values
    Drop custom white and black accents
    Settings: Avoid enforcing weird backgrounds
    Fix customseekbar "min" value calls
    Add POSP Volume styles

kernel updates by @poad42
    fix blackscreen on nikgcam
    switch to qcom implementation for qcom effects
    switch back to caf powerhal from pixel
    switch to aosp telephony stack
    update display, media and audio to latest caf tag
    Unfortunately, this ROM does contain a bluetooth bug that is also found in many other ROMs.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1. Call someone using a bluetooth earpiece/headset
    2. Transfer the call to your phone's speakerphone
    3. Transfer the call back to your bluetooth device
    4. The other party can no longer hear you.

For the other party to hear you, you must transfer the call to your handset first (all parties can be heard) then you can transfer the call back to your bluetooth device (all parties can be heard). The problem occurs when you attempt to transfer the call from the speakerphone directly to your bluetooth device.

From my testing of various custom ROMs, NitrogenOS seems to be one of the few ROMs that has bluetooth working properly. @OmkarTheAndroid, I've attached the log of this bug (taken on MSM Xtended) which may or may not help you squash this very pesky bug. (I hope it does!) I love the ROM updater in AOSiP and I wish all devs would implement an updater in their ROM. It makes updating the ROM much easier! :highfive:
    I have this rom for almost 1.5 months and i am currently running the version that is released on 4th august. Tried out the steps you have mentioned but i could not reproduce that behaviour so far. Did it on whatsapp and phonecalls over simcards. I ve done it with a jbl bt450 headset
    My model is a Cheeseburger.

Above all else it runs very stable since i had an uptime like 200hrs. Back in the aosip 9.0 it kind of failed to unlock the phone via pattern, so that it keeps repeating me to unlock the phone again although i got the right pattern. That kind of error i dont encounter in the aosip 10.

Keep up the good work!
    what is the meaning of Gapps in the downloaded section? it means already included gapps?
    Yes