• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][angler] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Search This thread

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
There's the problem, you used the word complain. How is it anyone of us can complain about using software that we knew ahead of time was in early stages. To even say the word complain pisses me off. This man used his free time to give us a taste of android 10 on a 4 year old device. He could have just built it for himself and saved a lot of time and effort. Be more patient and thankful or flash something else. It really is that simple

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I'm wondering if the camera crash issue is due to the fact that we do not have the Playground app or AR Core functionality. Anyone here smarter than myself care to chime in? I saw a thread about manually installing AR Core to our device. Thinking about trying it and seeing if that fixes the latest Gcam. If that is not it I suspect the Gapps package that was built into the Rom

The main problem is in the App itself , it's not a ROM related problem . No developer have recently launched a Gcam for Nexus 6P android 10 . I've tried Lineage 17 in which device tree was redone and it's the same problem there also which means it's an App related Problem .

Btw I use fu24 mod , which works except the notifications won't go away so I switched them off .

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e-fu24_02c.apk

Turn on Google photos in camera settings otherwise you won't see the pic . And it takes some time to pop up in Photos (10-15secs ) as it processes HDR+ .

Reactions: gatoraid84

Sina2020

Dec 6, 2017
Hi
1-I set night light to turn on sunset and turn off on sunrise but it work randomly.some times work and other times no I should on and off myself.
2-Some times phone freeze and I have to restart to improve it.
3- some times Google camera doesn't work and work after a restart.
4- flashlight some times doesn't work and after a restart work again.
5-sometimes when I restart the phone it get stock in g logo and I have to press power and down button and go to recovery mode and clean cash and reboot to improve.
Please fix.

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
Hi
1-I set night light to turn on sunset and turn off on sunrise but it work randomly.some times work and other times no I should on and off myself.
2-Some times phone freeze and I have to restart to improve it.
3- some times Google camera doesn't work and work after a restart.
4- flashlight some times doesn't work and after a restart work again.
5-sometimes when I restart the phone it get stock in g logo and I have to press power and down button and go to recovery mode and clean cash and reboot to improve.
Please fix.
I've never heard that before. All of this is well known. Appreciate the fact that you are just reporting bugs but a little reading and you would have realized. Also appreciate the fact that you just reported bugs and didn't come across like a total Jerk

Reactions: Sina2020

MT88

Jun 10, 2013
Latina
There's the problem, you used the word complain. How is it anyone of us can complain about using software that we knew ahead of time was in early stages. To even say the word complain pisses me off. This man used his free time to give us a taste of android 10 on a 4 year old device. He could have just built it for himself and saved a lot of time and effort. Be more patient and thankful or flash something else. It really is that simple

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I'm wondering if the camera crash issue is due to the fact that we do not have the Playground app or AR Core functionality. Anyone here smarter than myself care to chime in? I saw a thread about manually installing AR Core to our device. Thinking about trying it and seeing if that fixes the latest Gcam. If that is not it I suspect the Gapps package that was built into the Rom

to say that something that does not work does not work is not a blasphemy or a lie or a lack of respect. It is simply the truth that: it does not work :good:
just because something is free does not mean that you have to be blind and pretend nothing has happened. it doesn't work so it doesn't work point!

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
to say that something that does not work does not work is not a blasphemy or a lie or a lack of respect. It is simply the truth that: it does not work :good:
just because something is free does not mean that you have to be blind and pretend nothing has happened. it doesn't work so it doesn't work point!

No one is saying ignore the issues. He said its already been stated. What exactly does repeating the same issues over and over again do if they are known? Is there some voodoo that helps issues get fixed faster the more it is stated?

Nov 28, 2018
After December security updates for pixel devices... Is there any updates for pixel experience rom 10??

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Waiting for stable release of that rom....

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
After December security updates for pixel devices... Is there any updates for pixel experience rom 10??

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Waiting for stable release of that rom....
1. You can find any updates in the download link in the OP. You don't need to ask.
2. Security updates were literally released yesterday. People have lives....
3. This rom is already labeled as Stable.

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
Its only stable by name or by labeled...not actually stable after nominated many bugs.. its beta and beta and very big beta... ?
While I will agree it has flaws. After having this rom settled on my phone for weeks. It hasn't been what I would call unstable. There are some random reboots that don't actually reboot. The camera is a little wonky. But all in all I think this is a great Rom, considering the release date and the process of tearing it down to Port to a different device. You guys act like these developers are here solely for your enjoyment. Things like this require patience or you should just go back to stock. What a bunch of whiners. I feel like the dad of this thread geez. Show some respect

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

I have the impression that the developer does not care about our reports XD
You want to quote people and try to preach let's talk about this one...A) he doesn't care because he is doing this in his free time to provide us something new and shiny
B) 10 is still pretty new so in my opinion this is a pretty advanced 10 ROM given the age of the software and the fact it was developed for a completely different device.
C) If you are looking to demotivate the developer keep posting crap like this and it will be end of development before it really ever got started. Relax and be patient

Last edited:

kirvs

Nov 20, 2018
I am happy to report the following observations:
1. Vampiric battery drain is much less compared to PixelEx-Plus-9.0-20191013-1653
2. No random shutdowns on irregular battery remaining %
<"Device Health Services"/disabled, "Digital Wellbeing"/Usage-Off. Location/Physical-Activity: All-denied-including-google except Maps/While-Use-Only.>
[10.0-20191113-2124/3.3.1.0-FBE-10/Clean Install]

Reactions: Sina2020
Nov 28, 2018
Today I install this rom time again.. the problem is after restarting stuck at G logo....

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I install boot.img again... Press volume down button and start mobile in safe mode... Not starting properly...stuck at G logo...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Developers! Plz. Solve this issue...

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
Today I install this rom time again.. the problem is after restarting stuck at G logo....

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I install boot.img again... Press volume down button and start mobile in safe mode... Not starting properly...stuck at G logo...

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Developers! Plz. Solve this issue...
You must format data or you will get stuck on the G boot screen. Even after a format of data you must be patient it takes a while for the first boot up. Read

Reactions: Mr.č_1

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
You must format data or you will get stuck on the G boot screen. Even after a format of data you must be patient it takes a while for the first boot up. Read

You're going to get to the point where I am lol. Big ups for trying to get people to better themselves as far as their interactions on this forum go, but it think its a lost cause now.

95% of the people making posts, "omgz plz fix nao! And spamming the same comments over and over, are like 90% new users. Once devices get cheap enough any riffraff can pick one up, they do.

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
You're going to get to the point where I am lol. Big ups for trying to get people to better themselves as far as their interactions on this forum go, but it think its a lost cause now.

95% of the people making posts, "omgz plz fix nao! And spamming the same comments over and over, are like 90% new users. Once devices get cheap enough any riffraff can pick one up, they do.
No doubt, Entitled ones for sure floating around in here.

Reactions: Lawlrus

supenthoelll

Jun 19, 2012
Thanks Dev, successfully flash this one on first try without any issue (except I forgot 1 thing, format data before install ROM, solved by doing sideload). Strange: after sideload done, TWRP still report no ROM was installed. Finger crossed, continue reboot without any issue :)

Good works, patiently waiting for further development :)

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
Thanks Dev, successfully flash this one on first try without any issue (except I forgot 1 thing, format data before install ROM, solved by doing sideload). Strange: after sideload done, TWRP still report no ROM was installed. Finger crossed, continue reboot without any issue :)

Good works, patiently waiting for further development :)
Formatting data is key, it is not to be confused with wiping data it isn't the same action. ?

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
For those of you that have the early battery shut down mine was around %30-%40. I recommend doing the manual recalibration process it worked for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-004532.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-004532.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: Kyaw Zay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Nexus 6P [angler]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 10, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-09-21
    Last Updated 2020-03-02
    Nexus 6P - End of Support

As most of you may have noticed on the website, it's officially over...
    With all due respect to the PixelExperience Board, the desicion was taken wisely. All due to the 31/12 build, when there were some slight doubts and exaggerated comments that the build was completely broke, I requested as for that build to be taken down, not to be shown alongside the 01/01 build as it was clearly superior.
    According to the team, removing one of the builds is a broken commandment, and so no word was spoken to me about this. I was inactive, enjoying New Year's Day with the family, whilst meetings between the PixelExperience staff upon my desicion.
    A total of 3 reviewers agreed to disallow my maintaining of Nexus 6P, even with the working 01/01 build. Before I snoozed to bed, I noticed the "This edition will no longer receive updates.", alongside the "Maintainer: Unknown".
    I reached out to as many staff members as I could, giving my most detailed explanation in order to defend my position, but it was all looking worse.
    I tested my luck and re-applied for maintainership, but it was instantly rejected.
    Time was starting to pass really quickly, unable to have a good sleep due to the worry of this loss.
    It's officially over everyone. As far as I have spoken with one of the head boards who actually took me into consideration, this is the current status:
    • No maintainer can apply to maintain Nexus 6P (angler).
    • PixelBoot is disallowed as for now to be a part of any relating PixelExperience project.
    I'm sorry to break this news at such a bad time, but I have tried all I could to save this opportunity.
    I don't want anyone of you to take my place as of now, due to large restrictions on angler as so far.
    As a precaution from me, I have backed up all the PixelExperience builds I have published throughout Nexus 6P's lifetime on AndroidFileHost.
    Finally, I will sadly state that I will not proceed further with this project in an unofficial way either.
    I will be sticking to LineageOS 17.0 unofficial for now until things get more clear.
    I need to focus on my examinations, so I will not be leaving this drag me down more than I already was.
    I would like the rest of your decade to move on smoothly, and not let this news bring you down.

Thanks in advance,
    PixelBoot
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery: TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    Nexus 6P PixelExperience Telegram Group: Join
    December Build had issues. PE team decided to take it down for several reasons. Issues are due to their new source code which destroys angler's camera and video. I'll be trying my upmost to get it settled with another fix. Sorry for the major inconvenience. Wish me luck!
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.