• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][angler] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Search This thread

glorenzo7mm

Jul 18, 2012
Thank you very much developers for a wonderful ROM I have only experienced the one problem and I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this or knows the solution to this problem after reboot my security code will not unlock the phone and allow me to access the phone again. Thank you once again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thank you very much developers for a wonderful ROM I have only experienced the one problem and I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this or knows the solution to this problem after reboot my security code will not unlock the phone and allow me to access the phone again. Thank you once again.

Go into your recoveries file manager. Data>system> and delete locksettigs.db

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo
Forgive my ignorance, I had given my 6p to my nephew and it's now back in my possession after about 16 months so my root/adb knowledge is a little rusty.

How do I know if my phone is a regular one, a 4 core, or the BLOD version?

Thanks in advance.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Forgive my ignorance, I had given my 6p to my nephew and it's now back in my possession after about 16 months so my root/adb knowledge is a little rusty.

How do I know if my phone is a regular one, a 4 core, or the BLOD version?

Thanks in advance.

Easy to tell when you need the patch because your device will not boot without it.

HernandezGFX

Feb 6, 2013
Thank you for keeping Angler alive.
I currently have Pixel Experience Android 9 installed on my Nexus 6P, I want to upgrade to this ROM, am I required to clean flash, or is it possible to dirty flash it?

Like 20 Bears

Jan 3, 2018
Really love this ROM and Android 10. The deal-breaker for me is the no GPS lock issue. I've tried shaphat's gnss_fixer which doesn't seem to have any effect on my device (although I appreciate snaphat's efforts). I'd just like to say, in addition to my appreciation to snaphat, I'd like to express my appreciation to the developers and everyone contributing to keeping angler alive.

My install method was:
  1. Fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img
  2. Boot to recovery
  3. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select all partitions and wipe
  4. Copy PixelExperience_angler-10.0-20191113-2124-OFFICIAL.zip to Internal Storage and install
  5. Wipe > Format Data
  6. Boot to system and setup, install Google Maps and GPS Status apps, and test unsuccessfully
  7. Reboot to recovery, install Magisk, and copy gnss_fixer.zip to Internal Storage
  8. Boot to system and install gnss_fixer Magisk module
  9. Reboot and test using Google Maps and GPS Status unsuccessfully
This is my "back-up" device so I'm happy to leave it on PE and provide logcats if it will be helpful and anyone is interested in looking through them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mataflakitas
G

GuestK00387

Really love this ROM and Android 10. The deal-breaker for me is the no GPS lock issue. I've tried shaphat's gnss_fixer which doesn't seem to have any effect on my device (although I appreciate snaphat's efforts). I'd just like to say, in addition to my appreciation to snaphat, I'd like to express my appreciation to the developers and everyone contributing to keeping angler alive.

My install method was:
Fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1.0-FBE-10-angler.img
Boot to recovery
Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select all partitions and wipe
Copy PixelExperience_angler-10.0-20191113-2124-OFFICIAL.zip to Internal Storage and install
Wipe > Format Data
Boot to system and setup, install Google Maps and GPS Status apps, and test unsuccessfully
Reboot to recovery, install Magisk, and copy gnss_fixer.zip to Internal Storage
Boot to system and install gnss_fixer Magisk module
Reboot and test using Google Maps and GPS Status unsuccessfully

This is my "back-up" device so I'm happy to leave it on PE and provide logcats if it will be helpful and anyone is interested in looking through them.

If you install the global optimized GPS module as well as the gnss fixer that should solve the gps issue.

Sina2020

Dec 6, 2017
Hi
Recently the banking app that I use changed.now I can not open it. I uninstalled and reinstalled.cleaned cache.but weren't effective.I need it. What should I do?
Please help

RickSwave

Nov 8, 2012
I love this Rom and I love this phone so can someone please make this a Stable Rom... Can you do it as a Christmas Present for all of us Last standing Soldiers that still love this phone? My phone keeps on randomly shutting off and just a bunch of random little things and it's annoying... I'm thinking about going back to stock I just don't know if any custom Rom works good enough I just know that I like this one. I want Android 10 and I want it on this phone. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Nexus 6P [angler]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 10, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-09-21
    Last Updated 2020-03-02
    Nexus 6P - End of Support

As most of you may have noticed on the website, it's officially over...
    With all due respect to the PixelExperience Board, the desicion was taken wisely. All due to the 31/12 build, when there were some slight doubts and exaggerated comments that the build was completely broke, I requested as for that build to be taken down, not to be shown alongside the 01/01 build as it was clearly superior.
    According to the team, removing one of the builds is a broken commandment, and so no word was spoken to me about this. I was inactive, enjoying New Year's Day with the family, whilst meetings between the PixelExperience staff upon my desicion.
    A total of 3 reviewers agreed to disallow my maintaining of Nexus 6P, even with the working 01/01 build. Before I snoozed to bed, I noticed the "This edition will no longer receive updates.", alongside the "Maintainer: Unknown".
    I reached out to as many staff members as I could, giving my most detailed explanation in order to defend my position, but it was all looking worse.
    I tested my luck and re-applied for maintainership, but it was instantly rejected.
    Time was starting to pass really quickly, unable to have a good sleep due to the worry of this loss.
    It's officially over everyone. As far as I have spoken with one of the head boards who actually took me into consideration, this is the current status:
    • No maintainer can apply to maintain Nexus 6P (angler).
    • PixelBoot is disallowed as for now to be a part of any relating PixelExperience project.
    I'm sorry to break this news at such a bad time, but I have tried all I could to save this opportunity.
    I don't want anyone of you to take my place as of now, due to large restrictions on angler as so far.
    As a precaution from me, I have backed up all the PixelExperience builds I have published throughout Nexus 6P's lifetime on AndroidFileHost.
    Finally, I will sadly state that I will not proceed further with this project in an unofficial way either.
    I will be sticking to LineageOS 17.0 unofficial for now until things get more clear.
    I need to focus on my examinations, so I will not be leaving this drag me down more than I already was.
    I would like the rest of your decade to move on smoothly, and not let this news bring you down.

Thanks in advance,
    PixelBoot
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery: TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    Nexus 6P PixelExperience Telegram Group: Join
    December Build had issues. PE team decided to take it down for several reasons. Issues are due to their new source code which destroys angler's camera and video. I'll be trying my upmost to get it settled with another fix. Sorry for the major inconvenience. Wish me luck!
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.