• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][angler] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Search This thread

nohart

Does this rom have WiFi calling? I can't find any setting and it doesn't seem like my phone will make any calls over WiFi anymore.

Update: I put *#*#4636#*#* into the Dialer and it shows WiFi calling but it's greyed out. I'm not sure why because on the original rom on this Nexus 6P I had WiFi calling.

Last edited:

xenonrider

Dec 17, 2011
I installed this ROM a few days ago and I've noticed that there are times when I try to unlock the phone it locks up and eventually reboots. It doesn't happen all the time, but usually after long periods of inactivity, Anyone else experience this? I'm pretty sure I followed the installation instructions perfectly so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

One more thing - If I wanted to return to Lineage 15.1 I assume I need to replace the custom FBE recovery image with the standard one, right?

Reactions: RickSwave

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I installed this ROM a few days ago and I've noticed that there are times when I try to unlock the phone it locks up and eventually reboots. It doesn't happen all the time, but usually after long periods of inactivity, Anyone else experience this? I'm pretty sure I followed the installation instructions perfectly so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

One more thing - If I wanted to return to Lineage 15.1 I assume I need to replace the custom FBE recovery image with the standard one, right?

You do the same process in reverse. Install the stock twrp and format data again

Sina2020

Dec 6, 2017
Hi
In setting search when you write face it shows options for face unlocke but when u tap it gives erorr. In version 8 I think there was this option and worked.
Dose we will give it again?

I've got something to confess.
I've spent a worrying amount of time working on the December update for PE after figuring out a solution to the media issue.
I thought there was an issue with the camera since it crashed upon opening it.
Apparently, this wasn't a bug it was a hardware issue.
If I literally published the first build after I fixed media, you guys would have been enjoying the December update from the get go.
So apart from an apology on New Year's Eve, I would like to gather a personal tester, who is consistently active, in which his or her device has:
  • 8 Cores running
  • No other hardware issues
Kindly who has a device under these two conditions, get back to me as soon as possible.

All the best,
PixelBoot

MaddScientist

Sep 15, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I've spent a worrying amount of time working on the December update for PE after figuring out a solution to the media issue.
If I literally published the first build after I fixed media, you guys would have been enjoying the December update from the get go.
So apart from an apology on New Year's Eve, I would like to gather a personal tester, who is consistently active, in which his or her device has:
  • 8 Cores running
  • No other hardware issues
Kindly who has a device under these two conditions, get back to me as soon as possible.

All the best,
PixelBoot
hi my device meets these criteria how can i help?

MaddScientist

Sep 15, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'll keep you updated when needed, but for now, enjoy your New Year's Update.

ok great. thanks

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Im having an issue after New years eve Update.
After entering my pattern screen goes to black and comes back to locks screen again i cant seem to get it unlocked to enter the device. please help

Reactions: Tinoco_27

Cecilia13101

Dec 15, 2019
Hi, don't worry. So did I. The short term solution is: enter right pattern, touch and swipe screen to avoid screen turn off automatically. Try some times until the SystemUI app crashing report shows, select "app info", then try enter pattern again and again, until you see app info page, remove all storage about SystemUI app. And then return home desktop. Every thing works fine then except Flash and camera!

Einen Guten Rutsch ins Neujahr 2020!

ok great. thanks

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Im having an issue after New years eve Update.
After entering my pattern screen goes to black and comes back to locks screen again i cant seem to get it unlocked to enter the device. please help

Reactions: Tinoco_27

MaddScientist

Sep 15, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi, don't worry. So did I. The short term solution is: enter right pattern, touch and swipe screen to avoid screen turn off automatically. Try some times until the SystemUI app crashing report shows, select "app info", then try enter pattern again and again, until you see app info page, remove all storage about SystemUI app. And then return home desktop. Every thing works fine then except Flash and camera!

Einen Guten Rutsch ins Neujahr 2020!

Well i reset my phone works fine...well except for camera

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
8 Cores running
No other hardware issues

All the best,
PixelBoot
I run this Rom on my 6P everyday. 8 cores no hardware issues at all willing to test anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Google Nexus 6P [angler]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 10, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    PixelBoot
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP, Unlocked bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-09-21
    Last Updated 2020-03-02
    Nexus 6P - End of Support

As most of you may have noticed on the website, it's officially over...
    With all due respect to the PixelExperience Board, the desicion was taken wisely. All due to the 31/12 build, when there were some slight doubts and exaggerated comments that the build was completely broke, I requested as for that build to be taken down, not to be shown alongside the 01/01 build as it was clearly superior.
    According to the team, removing one of the builds is a broken commandment, and so no word was spoken to me about this. I was inactive, enjoying New Year's Day with the family, whilst meetings between the PixelExperience staff upon my desicion.
    A total of 3 reviewers agreed to disallow my maintaining of Nexus 6P, even with the working 01/01 build. Before I snoozed to bed, I noticed the "This edition will no longer receive updates.", alongside the "Maintainer: Unknown".
    I reached out to as many staff members as I could, giving my most detailed explanation in order to defend my position, but it was all looking worse.
    I tested my luck and re-applied for maintainership, but it was instantly rejected.
    Time was starting to pass really quickly, unable to have a good sleep due to the worry of this loss.
    It's officially over everyone. As far as I have spoken with one of the head boards who actually took me into consideration, this is the current status:
    • No maintainer can apply to maintain Nexus 6P (angler).
    • PixelBoot is disallowed as for now to be a part of any relating PixelExperience project.
    I'm sorry to break this news at such a bad time, but I have tried all I could to save this opportunity.
    I don't want anyone of you to take my place as of now, due to large restrictions on angler as so far.
    As a precaution from me, I have backed up all the PixelExperience builds I have published throughout Nexus 6P's lifetime on AndroidFileHost.
    Finally, I will sadly state that I will not proceed further with this project in an unofficial way either.
    I will be sticking to LineageOS 17.0 unofficial for now until things get more clear.
    I need to focus on my examinations, so I will not be leaving this drag me down more than I already was.
    I would like the rest of your decade to move on smoothly, and not let this news bring you down.

Thanks in advance,
    PixelBoot
    Peripherals

FBE Recovery: TWRP
    FBE Recovery (4 Core): TWRP
    BLOD Patch (4 Core): boot.img
    Nexus 6P PixelExperience Telegram Group: Join
    December Build had issues. PE team decided to take it down for several reasons. Issues are due to their new source code which destroys angler's camera and video. I'll be trying my upmost to get it settled with another fix. Sorry for the major inconvenience. Wish me luck!
    Install Instructions

• Grab our recovery from the peripherals section and install it.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Install Zip > Install Image > Choose ‘recovery.img‘ > Select partition ‘Recovery’ > Swipe to confirm flash
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • Install the ROM and then wipe your internal data partition.
      Through TWRP Recovery:
      Wipe > Format data
      Through Fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot -w
    • Reboot into system and wait until the process finishes, it could take a little bit. After the installation is done, I suggest waiting before using the phone because it usually goes into thermal throttling after installing a ROM.