• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][AOSP][SUZU] SonyXperiaDev Q Builds

Search This thread

p00pMasTer

Oct 13, 2016
Hi. I did the thing followed the rules and flashed gapps. Works fine, everything seems good. No problems here :)

Nano wasn't working as I was stuck at android logo for a while so I used pico instead.

I flashed super SU but for some reason, unsuccessful root. I'll try magisk later.

For now no problems at all.

1) install rom aosp_Q_F5122_11092019-eng.zip with TWRP
2) install SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.img with fastboot
3) install gapp
done
My sony x f5122 could not be restarted
For gapps to work you have to flash also Magisk, maybe that's what creating the bootloop. Also this version of AOSP is really old and very experimental, maybe you should try a newer one (don't know if it could influence the bootloop or not). Also always format use data (NOT WIPE) when installing a different version of Android (for example from 9 to 10 or vice versa).

Reactions: gianglunlun1992
Not worked for me " f5122"
error 7 in twrp without any fix ..
+
Why is there no updates from more than 9 months !!?
Because as stated in the first post this ROM was only a test for the new 10 features and nothing more. If you want to try aosp 10 you can find it here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-x/development/rom-experimental-build-r10-t4015131/

But please read carefully the OP and remember that is built for f5121 and not f5122 so I could not work as intended on you device.

I ended up with the splash screen Sony and that's it. I followed this https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-10-q-sony-xperia-x article
which is based on this guide. My phone is F5121.
Disclaimer: this is not self promotion or denigration of the OP work. It is a far better developer than me and many others.

That being said: this build is really outdated. You should use the one provided by me or even better the one by vknecht that are, at least updated to last android 10 security patch released (still old but not so much). This, as stated by OP was just an early experiment and nothing more

python_rocks

Jan 24, 2020
Disclaimer: this is not self promotion or denigration of the OP work. It is a far better developer than me and many others.

That being said: this build is really outdated. You should use the one provided by me or even better the one by vknecht that are, at least updated to last android 10 security patch released (still old but not so much). This, as stated by OP was just an early experiment and nothing more
Thank you for getting back to me. Could you please drop a link here on guide I can follow to get Android either 10 or 9 working on my F5121 ? At the moment the phone is just useless.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][10.0][AOSP][SUZU]SonyXperiaDev Q Builds
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Just builded AOSP from source for test. Not develop, only for testing new futures, so now you can try Q AOSP

i'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

Download (Mega)
    AOSP Mega

How to Install:
    1) Copy to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP and flash it via fastboot with:
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.img
    3) Flash Gapps
    4) With recovery File manager navigate to folder /system/system/priv-app/SetupWizard and delete apk (it FC on startup)
    4) Reboot.

Feature

Working:
    - Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - GPS
    - Sensors
    - Dual Sim
    - Camera

Not working for now:
    - Same as on a Pie builds (kernel 4.9)

Builded with
    Code:
    https://github.com/SonyXperiaDev
    sources

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20190911-201427.pngScreenshot_20190911-140601.png
    Android 10 kernel 4.14 vendor oem not tested with my builds and kernel 4.9. Test on your own risks
    wait a few days... they will released
    In case you are interested, this is a kernel update 4.14
    There is no kernel-dtb-suzu in kernel/sony/msm-4.14/common-kernel, that's why. They haven't provided one yet.
    You could force it to build by changing BUILD_KERNEL := false to BUILD_KERNEL :=true in /././kernel/sony/msm-4.14/common-kernel/KernelConfig.mk

It would help if "they" provided us with a more stable kernel to build in the meantime. The repo only has 4.14. Can with just clone the pie 4.9 kernel and build with that?

The kernel needs now to be prebuild first by the kernel build script.
    You can choose between the gcc and the clang script.

Yes, of course.
    I wrote a few notes down. -> https://github.com/MartinX3sAndroidDevelopment/bug_tracker/issues/28

Or you just use Android P and the 4.9 kernel.
    Due to the lack of volunteers Android Q and 4.14 are tied together at SODP.