• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][AOSPA] PARANOID ANDROID Quartz 4 [21/07/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gran_lexu

Jan 21, 2013
Madrid
9806993765133c6b6698da4954f430944915c3803aa24bfcd59be4893f96d07f40ffa054.jpg

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues
You tell me

Requirements
FW 11.0.2.0 + BB 11.0.3.4
https://mega.nz/file/W8gBRTJK#ZoDoH26FhT3B67KKpuJBZs4uRrrQheOEWp05SLAqtis

Download
Gapps
MOD EDIT: Link Removed

Vanilla

Changelogs

Features:
-Fully CAF based
-Fully compatibility with Audio Mod by @iamphoenix01
-ParanoidDoze (AOD, lift to wake, dt2w...)
-Edge lighting
-Face Unlock
-Volume Panel completely redesigned
-Data tile
-Multi-User support
-Microg support
-/data and /cache f2fs support

Instructions

We highly recommend to use Zero_One SHRP Recovery from 1st March.

1. Flash FW + BB (Optional)
2. Flash Paranoid Android Grus
3. Flash Magisk (via add more zips) (Optional)

** Only required for the first flashing, and maybe optional.

Important / Useful links
Paranoid Android Twitter

Kernel Source

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
ParanoidAndroid Grus, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
gran_lexu, Pengus77, Zero_One
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: Quartz 4
Stable Release Date: 2020-07-21

Created 2020-07-21
Last Updated 2020-07-21

Last edited by a moderator:

ramping

Sep 5, 2012
Excellent news. Is this an official release? Which gapps uses? Since I prefer pico.
Any bugs?
Thanks again dude, this is great news for our Grus.

gran_lexu

Jan 21, 2013
Madrid
Excellent news. Is this an official release? Which gapps uses? Since I prefer pico.
Any bugs?

Hey, not unofficial but doesn't matter since I will keep it up to date so do not worry :)

It tracks Pixel Experience repo gapps however with Quartz 3 update I will release a vanilla version

No bugs so far ;)

Last edited:

Lokcies

Hi, this is my first time flashing custom rom on my Mi 9 SE, though i had experience from my previous devices.
Just asking to be sure, i would need to have TWRP flashed first right? And is there any other necessary tools that i need to flash, like firmware or anything?
And what do you mean by having firmware 11.0.2.0?

EDIT: I understand on the firmware question, i will have to flash 11.0.2.0 firmware, got it. But what is the flashing order?

Last edited:

sacortesh

Sep 10, 2012
Hi all,

Thanks for the work!

Somehow due to my inexperience I managed to softbrick my device (stuck at fastboot, fixable by reflashing miui image). So I have a couple of questions:

1. I am going from firmware 11.0.2.0 Europe (QFBEUXM). Does this require to start from another version of the firmware (Global for example)
2. The kernel needs to be flashed separately? Or is it included in the flash package.

Thanks.

gran_lexu

Jan 21, 2013
Madrid
Hi, this is my first time flashing custom rom on my Mi 9 SE, though i had experience from my previous devices.
Just asking to be sure, i would need to have TWRP flashed first right? And is there any other necessary tools that i need to flash, like firmware or anything?
And what do you mean by having firmware 11.0.2.0?

EDIT: I understand on the firmware question, i will have to flash 11.0.2.0 firmware, got it. But what is the flashing order?

Yes, you need to have custom TWRP (SHRP reocommended) wipe dalvik/cache/data/vendor/system, flash 11.0.2 and then flash rom and magisk

Hi all,

Thanks for the work!

Somehow due to my inexperience I managed to softbrick my device (stuck at fastboot, fixable by reflashing miui image). So I have a couple of questions:

1. I am going from firmware 11.0.2.0 Europe (QFBEUXM). Does this require to start from another version of the firmware (Global for example)
2. The kernel needs to be flashed separately? Or is it included in the flash package.

Thanks.
No it doesnt matter. Just flash twrp.img from adb and then required wipes, flash 11.0.2 + rom + magisk

kernel is already included.

Reactions: sacortesh

sacortesh

Sep 10, 2012
Yes, you need to have custom TWRP (SHRP reocommended) wipe dalvik/cache/data/vendor/system, flash 11.0.2 and then flash rom and magisk

No it doesnt matter. Just flash twrp.img from adb and then required wipes, flash 11.0.2 + rom + magisk

kernel is already included.

Tried once more and didn't work (still stuck at fastboot). However, reading somewhere else I found out that when you come from a MIUI Rom (like stock) to AOSP you might need to flash also vbmeta. Tried that and it worked correctly.

So far no problems, great performance.

gran_lexu

Jan 21, 2013
Madrid
Do you have a link for the required firmware?

Peace

https://t.me/wtfirmware

Tried once more and didn't work (still stuck at fastboot). However, reading somewhere else I found out that when you come from a MIUI Rom (like stock) to AOSP you might need to flash also vbmeta. Tried that and it worked correctly.

So far no problems, great performance.

Ahhh! Though you did all the previous steps, yeah you have to make a few things coming from MIUI obviously! :D

chris5s

Nice ROM, smooth. The only minor "fault" I find is that fingerprint recognition for unlocking the phone isn't great. I usually have to put in the PIN code to unlock. I had this issue on Pixel Experience too. But otherwise all's good.

Peace

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Could you write down the order of flashing that you used.

Thanks.

This worked for me - factory reset, format data, reboot recovery, flash firmware then flash ROM (as per first post!)

Peace

Reactions: K_Project

zbiba

Jan 8, 2013
Ankara
Could you write down the order of flashing that you used.

Thanks.

My flashing order when coming from stock MIUI 11.

1. Of course first unlock bootloader.
2. Flash TWRP from @redispade
3. Format Data from TWRP
4. Reboot to TWRP
5. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/vendor/system
6. Copy the ROM and firmware zip files to internal storage.
7. Flash the firmware zip
8. Flash the ROM zip
9. Reboot (it won't reboot to ROM, it will be stuck at flashboot)
10. Connect to the PC and from cmd flash vbmeta (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
11. From cmd type the command "fastboot reboot" and finger's crossed, now you should see the boot screen.

As far as I remember this is what I did. I tried to recall it as much as I could however it was 4 in the morning.

Reactions: Cosmox_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9806993765133c6b6698da4954f430944915c3803aa24bfcd59be4893f96d07f40ffa054.jpg

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues
    You tell me

Requirements
    FW 11.0.2.0 + BB 11.0.3.4
    https://mega.nz/file/W8gBRTJK#ZoDoH26FhT3B67KKpuJBZs4uRrrQheOEWp05SLAqtis

Download
    Gapps

Vanilla

Changelogs

Features:
    -Fully CAF based
    -Edge lighting
    -Face Unlock
    -Data tile
    -Multi-User support
    -Microg support

Instructions

We highly recommend to use Zero_One SHRP Recovery from 1st March.

1. Flash FW + BB (Optional)
    2. Flash Paranoid Android Grus
    3. Flash Magisk (via add more zips) (Optional)

** Only required for the first flashing, and maybe optional.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter

Kernel Source

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    ParanoidAndroid Grus, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Contributors
    gran_lexu, Pengus77, Zero_One
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: Quartz 4
    Stable Release Date: 2020-07-21

Created 2020-07-21
    Last Updated 2020-07-21
    The channel from wich you would normally get updates / the download link doesn't exist any more / has changed the name, but you didn't update the link :/

The telegram channel is no longer accessible, the download link no longer exists and this project is dead?

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello guys, the proyect is getting a rework, there was a big bug (bsod) so im reworking sources and a few more things, stay tunned.
    We are back guys! Thanks for waiting!

Features:
    -Fully CAF based
    -Edge lighting
    -Face Unlock
    -Data tile
    -Multi-User support
    -Microg support
    I'm using 11.0.2 FW the one that is attached in this post. However, today i haven't had any restarts yet...:fingers-crossed:

Looking forward to the new update...:D:D

Yeah, those blobs are acting weirdly, as I sad almost ALL grus roms are getting random reboots.

AOSPA devs are almost on RC phase. That means that "Release Candidate" status is closer.
    Any bugs?

Hey, not unofficial but doesn't matter since I will keep it up to date so do not worry :)

It tracks Pixel Experience repo gapps however with Quartz 3 update I will release a vanilla version

No bugs so far ;)