[ROM] [10.0] crDroidAndroid v6.4[UNOFFICIAL] 3/11/2020

Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
There are guides to replace the battery, just heat up the front and disassemble the screen
The 10 always seemed like such a brick, that it may be difficult.
But I've also never attempted to do any work on cell phones, though since I have my HTC M8 working well for my backup, and the Pixel 5 is still fresh as can be..

If I can find a battery for like $20, I'd give it a try. I'd love to have the 10 as my backup device again, and would allow me to develop on it, sans time

Do you happen to have any links to legit replacement battery I can buy?
Please and thnak you,
--andybones

Cicada_3301

Nov 26, 2018
HTC 10
Sony Xperia XZ
The 10 always seemed like such a brick, that it may be difficult.
But I've also never attempted to do any work on cell phones, though since I have my HTC M8 working well for my backup, and the Pixel 5 is still fresh as can be..

If I can find a battery for like $20, I'd give it a try. I'd love to have the 10 as my backup device again, and would allow me to develop on it, sans time

Do you happen to have any links to legit replacement battery I can buy?
Please and thnak you,
--andybone
Just buy the cheapest one, I got one on Aliexpress for $5 and it works just fine. Use a heatgun to remove the screen and search for a guide and follow, you only need a guitar pick, a phillip screwdriver, and a torx screwdriver to do the rest

Reactions: andybones

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Just buy the cheapest one, I got one on Aliexpress for $5 and it works just fine. Use a heatgun to remove the screen and search for a guide and follow, you only need a guitar pick, a phillip screwdriver, and a torx screwdriver to do the rest
How much experience do you have repairing cell phones,etc?

I feel like I'll crack the screen.

ondrasouk

Apr 15, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Google Nexus 5
How much experience do you have repairing cell phones,etc?

I feel like I'll crack the screen.
It's essential to heat up phone to at least 50°C. Even 70°C is okay. It's like forgetting phone on a bench at summer. The phone will be okay and the glue will be soft. Apply pressure mainly from sunction. Use the pick only to avoid the glass to stick again. Work in gloves to prevent grease on your fingers to create traces. When you work in gloves do not wipe your forehead or something. It's problematic to degrease something.
At the bottom edge is the critical point. when you are lifting the screen, carefully pull away the display (heat it up with heatgun again if you are unsure to soften the glue even further. Use only fingers to lift it up not the whole arm. In this phase take time to carefully lift the display. At the bottom is fingerprint reader (on the screen) and capacitive sensors for buttons (on the frame).
When the glue loose the contact with the display is suddenly free and you may damage the flex cables. So push the frame and display apart with just your fingers to prevent this. Use the pick as a substitute for your fingers. The pick is not as soft as the fingers, so all the force will be concentrated on the edge of the pick. The glass is relatively flexible, but concentrated force can easily break it.
For the battery, use a double sided tape to fix it in place to the frame.
If you are unsure take it to the repair shop. Even they will use the same method to open the phone. Difference will only be in the experience they have. If they break your glass they will probably wait for new one from china (in my country totally ordinary practice and gets paid for OEM part :D ) or take repleacement from the warehouse (and gets paid the actual price of the part) or they didn't break it but gets paid like they break it. In the worse case they break the glass and say that the phone is unrepairable and that they provide discount for new one from their shop.
So when you take it to the repair shop make some evidence that the screen, front camera, touch, fingerprint sensor and connectivity works (some antenas are under display). For the best make some details of display. The original have radius edge. The chinese repleacements have slightly bevelled edges. Bevelled edges have worse strength, so when phone is dropped and falls to the edge tho screen is more likely to crack. But mainly, non OEM parts don't have gorilla glass. In my country it's your right to request the copy of protocol and force the staff to write more to the protocol, than that the phone was handed over to them.
I can't say what quality you will get, but in my country taking the phone to the repair shop is like making a bet.

Reactions: andybones

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
It's essential to heat up phone to at least 50°C. Even 70°C is okay. It's like forgetting phone on a bench at summer. The phone will be okay and the glue will be soft. Apply pressure mainly from sunction. Use the pick only to avoid the glass to stick again. Work in gloves to prevent grease on your fingers to create traces. When you work in gloves do not wipe your forehead or something. It's problematic to degrease something.
At the bottom edge is the critical point. when you are lifting the screen, carefully pull away the display (heat it up with heatgun again if you are unsure to soften the glue even further. Use only fingers to lift it up not the whole arm. In this phase take time to carefully lift the display. At the bottom is fingerprint reader (on the screen) and capacitive sensors for buttons (on the frame).
When the glue loose the contact with the display is suddenly free and you may damage the flex cables. So push the frame and display apart with just your fingers to prevent this. Use the pick as a substitute for your fingers. The pick is not as soft as the fingers, so all the force will be concentrated on the edge of the pick. The glass is relatively flexible, but concentrated force can easily break it.
For the battery, use a double sided tape to fix it in place to the frame.
If you are unsure take it to the repair shop. Even they will use the same method to open the phone. Difference will only be in the experience they have. If they break your glass they will probably wait for new one from china (in my country totally ordinary practice and gets paid for OEM part :D ) or take repleacement from the warehouse (and gets paid the actual price of the part) or they didn't break it but gets paid like they break it. In the worse case they break the glass and say that the phone is unrepairable and that they provide discount for new one from their shop.
So when you take it to the repair shop make some evidence that the screen, front camera, touch, fingerprint sensor and connectivity works (some antenas are under display). For the best make some details of display. The original have radius edge. The chinese repleacements have slightly bevelled edges. Bevelled edges have worse strength, so when phone is dropped and falls to the edge tho screen is more likely to crack. But mainly, non OEM parts don't have gorilla glass. In my country it's your right to request the copy of protocol and force the staff to write more to the protocol, than that the phone was handed over to them.
I can't say what quality you will get, but in my country taking the phone to the repair shop is like making a bet.
Thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation my friend!

If I could find a local repair shop to fix it at a resonable price i would but it would easily be over $60, if not much higher at $100+

For the $15 for replacement battery from Amazon, that I do find worth it considering I won't hardly be using the device, but will be pretty delighted to have a new battery in the phone.

g.andy

Dec 21, 2010
Catania
Salve vorrei provare il cdroid 6.10. Mettimi il link per recovery (consigliato) e gapps (anche quelli base vanno bene).

crDroid 6.10:

I use Open GApps pico (ARM64, 10.0). You can of course choose the variant you prefer (stock, full, mini etc....):

kAzGuRu

Nov 20, 2011
Düren
www.last.fm
How To Install CrDroid on HTC 10 2022

(BRICKED)
0) If device is Bricked,
either

Find your CID , the Version of your HTC 10.
(
#
fastboot oem readcid

(to check you CID, for correct RUU to flash) !
)

Flash The correct "FIRMWARE".zip

in Download mode
(Rename to
2PS6IMG.zip
place on Root of SD
Install in Download mode)

(WORKING PHONE) Stock & still Encrypted :(... , Developer Mode

1) Boot Phone
2) Factory Reset, Restart and Enable Developer Mode

3) Enable Oem Unlock & USB Debugging

(BOOTLOADER)
4) Unlock Bootloader

(Custom RECOVERY)
5) Install TWRP

(ROM)
In TWRP (All in one go)
6) repair file system
7) change file system to ext4
8) repair file system
9) format (user)data (yes)

10) install CrDroid

11) repair file system
12) change file system to ext4
13) repair file system
14) install GAPPS Pico 10 ARM64

15) Boot, have patience..

(ROOT ACCESS)
16) After boot, install Magisk.apk

Now we modify our (CrDroid) Boot.img

-Extract Boot.img from CrDroid.zip (Rom.zip file) and copy it on your Phone sd-card

If your device has a boot ramdisk, you need a copy of the boot.img
If your device does NOT have a boot ramdisk, you need a copy of the recovery.img

You should be able to extract the file you need from official firmware packages or your custom ROM zip (if using one).
If you are still having trouble, go to XDA-Developers and look for resources, guides, discussions, or ask for help in your device’s forum.

Copy the boot/recovery image to your device
Press the Install button on the Magisk card
If you are patching a recovery image, make sure “Recovery Mode” is checked in options.
In most cases, it should already be automatically checked.
Choose “Select and Patch a File” in the method, and select the stock boot/recovery image
The Magisk app will patch the image to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img.

Rename the .img to magisk_patched.img

Copy the patched image to your PC with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img

Flash the patched boot/recovery image to your device.

For most devices, reboot into fastboot mode and flash with the command:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

16)
Reboot and voila!

... we should be done :)

Have fun!

This works even if S-ON and Phone is Encrypted. This will bypass the Encryption.

If anything messes up(Brick), just flash the .zip (Stock Rom (RUU)) in Download Mode again, and start from scratch.

#
fastboot oem readcid
(to check you CID, for correct RUU to flash) !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list - to be updated

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

ROM: DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS - Not updated yet for 10.0 -- use Beta from link below
    Platform: ARM64
    Android: 10.0
    OpenGapps-Beta

Device Source:
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

First time installing crDroid to your HTC 10, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, GAPPS zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash GAPPS
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.3 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)

ROM Asking for Decryption key on boot:
    This isn't a ROM issue, but an issue with your device. Kindly boot into TWRP and go to wipe - choose FORMAT - TYPE - YES
    ***This WILL wipe your INTERNAL storage. Backup before performing the format.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    1. SlowMo
    2. SeLinux permissive
    3. IMS - VOLTE

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:
    - fagyi - Can't stress enough how much you do. Thank you so much for everything!!!
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA
    - AOSIP
    - AICP
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you've been left out just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [10.0] crDroidAndroid v6.4[UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    andybones, Fagyi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2020-03-11
    crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200211-pme-v6.3