• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][davinci] Picsel inExperience+ [AOSP][2020/09/28][EOL]

Search This thread

dejavecue

Jun 17, 2014
Hamburg
I changed to this ROM from hasty's PE BS (as hasty stopped developing for this device), and did not even have to format data for it to work. Nice!

I noticed one thing though: The camera app changed, and apparently now it does not scan QR codes natively anymore. I googled around a bit, and was told to go into the settings and set "Google Lens effects" or something similar to on. Still, it did not work. I installed Lens (nice app, but also quite scary to think what Google is capable of), which recognizes QR codes, but still, the default cam app does not.

And something else: Will you port to Android 11 at some point?

sidodz

Dec 21, 2013
So far so good, the battery is amazing, everything works well apart from gCam i suggest to use Parrot043's GCam 7.4.104-v5 which has everything working well (with wide angle and selfie video working well) if the developper can include it instead of Urnyx05's ??

dwtoledo

Dec 26, 2013
Has anybody else noticed low volume when, for example, sending voice notes through WhatsApp or Telegram? I'm not sure if this is ROM-related or not, it could very well be my microphone but I wouldn't like to change ROMs just for that (mainly because this ROM is f... awesome).

Yeah, I am facing the same low volume in WhatsApp and Telegram voice notes.

Sander9847

Mar 30, 2015
After some research I decided to install this rom on my Mi 9T and I must say I'm amazed. Everything works great, FOD on locked screen is really fast even works with a glass screen protector for me. All pixel features are really nice and the first OTA upgrade was flawless and almost automatic which is something new for me coming from an older device.

I'm using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.2-fix.apk with the AIO_Mevcetin config and it works great. I don't use the 48MP magisk fix since it lags the Gcam for me and IMO the 12MP photos with binning look better than 48MP. If anyone else has any tips for Gcam configs or settings let me know.

There's one little bug though; when DC Dimming is enabled the FOD fingerprint temporaly disables/interfears with the DC Dimming and brightness, resulting in a screen that lights up/flashes in a dark room. Is this something that can be fixed? Being able to change the light blue FOD color to something else would be a very nice feature aswell!

All in all a very nice rom indeed, highly recommended and kudos to the developer!

Last edited:

Hack64

Jul 13, 2014
Lecce
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Hack64

Jul 13, 2014
Lecce
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
After some research I decided to install this rom on my Mi 9T and I must say I'm amazed. Everything works great, FOD on locked screen is really fast even works with a glass screen protector for me. All pixel features are really nice and the first OTA upgrade was flawless and almost automatic which is something new for me coming from an older device.

I'm using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.2-fix.apk with the AIO_Mevcetin config and it works great. I don't use the 48MP magisk fix since it lags the Gcam for me and IMO the 12MP photos with binning look better than 48MP. If anyone else has any tips for Gcam configs or settings let me know.

There's one little bug though; when DC Dimming is enabled the FOD fingerprint temporaly disables/interfears with the DC Dimming and brightness, resulting in a screen that lights up/flashes in a dark room. Is this something that can be fixed? Being able to change the light blue FOD color to something else would be a very nice feature aswell!

All in all a very nice rom indeed, highly recommended and kudos to the developer!

Unfortunately the flicker you described is due to dc dimming getting disabled while scanning your fingerprint. I will see if i can manage to disable dc dimming when fod view is showing. Regarding the cyan icon, i could edit it, but after lots of test i came up with the conclusion that it's definitely the color that gives the best reliability.

Last edited:

gmbhneo

Sep 24, 2009
Great ROM so far, tested it and it looks like everything is working fine so far. The only thing I am missing are more lock screen clock designs and some other customization options I am used to from other ROMs. But the clocks are really a bummer since they are all centered and overlap with my wallpaper.

Would it be possible to add more on a future update? @Hack64

Keep up the great work.

Krosmor

Apr 16, 2018
The ROM is excellent, has great performance and battery consumption and no apparent bugs, FOD works well, except when night mode is activated, however I would like to leave some comments for improvements for future updates:

*Option to switch off and programmed on;

*Full Lock option of the cell phone to unlock with password, without having to restart or turn off;

*Option to return to the previous app with full screen gesture.

*Add app galery

Last edited:

keepercito

Mar 23, 2015
@Hack64 I don't know how it works, but if I have Night light enable and active DC dimming, night light goes like broke, it still enable but the screen isn't have the yellow tone of night light and if disable DC dimming on quick settings night light still on but is not visible on screen, I have disable it and enable again to make it work.

I don't if they are not compatible between them or its bug, can you clarify that please???

Moander

May 13, 2012
Hey guys i have 2 questions.

1. How to disable and delete "google search bar" from home screen.

2. After install 48mpx Magisk mod Camera app shows lens switches badly.

to 1.0 the main lens with a 48MP switch, it really switches to the TELE lens.
on button 2.0 (tele) turns on Ultrawide.

and after switching to 0.6, the camera turns off

biskyt

Apr 15, 2011
@Hack64 I don't know how it works, but if I have Night light enable and active DC dimming, night light goes like broke, it still enable but the screen isn't have the yellow tone of night light and if disable DC dimming on quick settings night light still on but is not visible on screen, I have disable it and enable again to make it work.

I don't if they are not compatible between them or its bug, can you clarify that please???

I noticed the same. Similar with "bedtime" mode. As soon as the screen brightness is changed (including auti-brightness), the black & white changes back to colour.

Seeing as DC dimming is an experimental feature of this rom, it isn't a problem. But equally great if it can be fixed.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I've noticed since the last update that almost every time I take the phone out my pocket the screen has been on, and various quick settings have been toggled (e.g. torch is on, or WiFi is off, etc)

So I don't know if something has broken with pocket mode, or if it is just me? Posting here in case others are experiencing the same thing.

Mauco

May 5, 2019
Hi there! Beautiful ROM, smooth and fast like no other. I'm facing bug with rotation not working and need to restart very often and little battery drain. Anyone else have this problem?

ekinox122

Dec 17, 2017
hello, the rom is very nice but the sound echoes to the other side when using discord. I'm having this problem with most aosp roms except PE how do I fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

zSLlyzz.jpg

Picsel inExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20 [davinci]

What is Picsel inExperience?
    Picsel inExperience is just my own personal take at Pixel Experience.
    I use a different device tree from the official one, a different kernel and i try to keep it as much updated as possible.
    Plus, there are some cool features like DC Dimming, Togglable SIMs, FOD animations and other stuff.

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face Unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS NOR VENDOR, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from SourceForge

How to install?
    1. Flash the rom package
    2. Flash Magisk (optional)
    3. Format Data
    4. Reboot!

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Stay tuned
    Picsel's Telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
    Picsel inExperience, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    Hack64
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-08-07
    Last Updated 2020-10-02
    Update time! This time with a little surprise: FOD animations are here!
    You can find them under Display->Lock screen display->Recognizing animation effect ;)

Download it HERE or update via OTA.

Changelog:
    Device changes:
    - Cleaned up vendor
    - Fixed a libperfmgr error spam
    - Added screen off fod
    - Updated VantomKernel

ROM changes:
    - August security patches
    - New volume panel (ported from LOS)
    - Screen off fod backend
    - FOD Animations picker

Support me: https://paypal.me/marcor00
    Update with august patches tomorrow :)
    Some notes about the included Camera app:
    Unfortunately, I can't include ANXCamera nor MiuiCamera by default. This is because building them inline with the rom breaks brightness fading when using autobrightness, so you would get an horrible sharp change in brightness whenever the sensor decides to change it. So, as a remedy i decided to include the most stable (imo) gcam available for this device: Urnyx05's Gcam.

There's a catch though, as apparently using it as system app breaks some stuff, like custom xml configs and lib patcher.
    In order to fix these issues, you just need to download latest urnyx's version and install it on top of the system one, as if it was a normal installation.
    In order to use 48mp with the included GCam, you will need a special fix available in this post's attached files ( NOTE: it's a magisk module, credits to @VladSor ). Using this will break your front camera video recording.

If you want to use ANXCamera instead, (which is a port of MiuiCamera if you didn't know already), you can get it at https://camera.aeonax.com. If you decide to install v190, remember to download the bootloop hotfix, available there too.

If you decide to use a completely different GCam from another dev, you need to uninstall the one included first. You can do this with magisk modules or by renaming the apk in system/priv-app/GoogleCamera's extension (eg. GoogleCamera.bak). Then, you just need to reboot your phone and install your favorite GCam. If you update, you will have to do this procedure again, unless i find a way to change the apk's package name.
    Two big features are coming very soon... Stay tuned ;)