• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][davinci] Picsel inExperience+ [AOSP][2020/09/28][EOL]

Search This thread

keepercito

Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for the answer. Well, I hope others guys help you to find the problem and if not, try to do the best you can about that. I only suffer the black screen only on the previous build. This last build I notice that the phone doesn't got to deep sleep, I thinking to do a clean install. Thanks @Hack64 to take your time to do this project.

Sander9847

Mar 30, 2015
Guys, don't get me wrong: i know the issue is here, we are facing it even on Android 11. The situation is critical and we are trying to understand what's going on. It happens on multiple kernels and roms and we need to understand what all us devs have in common. But you posting "i have the issue, i lost faith in the rom and in humanity" and stuff multiple times without even telling me what you were doing before it happened doesn't help AT ALL. Even I am tired of this issue, because it leads to people think that the rom is bad while I tried to optimize every possible thing to have it working flawlessly. What you can do is:
- Flash the attached kernel via recovery (you will need magisk)
- Wait for the bug to happen
- Hard reboot your phone, then zip this folder: /sys/fs/pstore
- Send the zipped folder as attachment
If we manage to understand what's wrong with this device, I will release a fixed version of Picsel even though it is EOL. But we need your help too. Thanks.
I was having this problem atleast once a day the first 4-5 days after I updated to the 23/09 build, phone was randomly turning off.
However after the first 5 days the issue seems to have fixed itself as I have not had a problem in the last 14 days of usage! If I do experience the bug again I'll send the zip. I'm still on 23/09 btw, I might update to 28/09 and we'll see if anything changes.

Master_T

May 11, 2011
I've been on 28/09 version since it was released and I never had this issue, so it is definitely something that doesn't affect all devices.

kcs9198

Jul 27, 2017
Hyderabad
Hi friends,

I am using latest resurrection remix rom and I am also getting frozen screen in my phone..

Most of the time i am getting it during night. I will start playing music, lock my screen and it will freeze. No AOD.. power button, volume button, double tap, nothing will work. But the phone still works and i can here the music.

So i come out from that by long pressing the power button to open power menu. If screen did not come, i would long press again.

it will show power menu within one or two long presses and after few seconds, the lock screen wallpaper and time comes up. Then i would tap somewhere else to remove the power menu, then i can unlock and continue using.

I am not sure if other people are having same issue.. but I hope it helps atleast one.
Mine is primary phone and using hotspot in it for my ofc work. So, not doing much about it. The temporary fix is working for me as of now...

budapestkave

Jan 2, 2012
Hey everyone,
My issue is not kernel related. When I'm trying to make a video call on Messenger or on Whatsapp, the sound is coming through the normal speaker not from the loudspeaker, so it's played as a phone call not as media. Is there a way to fix it by myself?
Thanks

xiaovic

Dec 21, 2018
Is anyone experiencing that a known contact who is in your contact list is calling that it isn t shown on the screen?
It says unknown contact....

kranu

Dec 24, 2012
What you can do is:
- Flash the attached kernel via recovery (you will need magisk)
- Wait for the bug to happen
- Hard reboot your phone, then zip this folder: /sys/fs/pstore

Today morning I can't unlock phone and stopped responding - freezed.
I have this kernell so immediately after hard reset I checked /sys/fs/pstore in twrp - was empty.

rupisekhon

Jul 31, 2009
Apologies for the novice question. Please advise the best recommended way to lift&shift everything (contact, messages, apps, settings etc) from ROM A to ROM B when we flash/experiment with ROMs. Kindly suggest the most followed practice.

Master_T

May 11, 2011
I've been on 28/09 version since it was released and I never had this issue, so it is definitely something that doesn't affect all devices.

Well, I spoke too soon it seems, phone froze during the night, actually made me late for work since the alarm didn't go off.
I'll have to try another rom unfortunately, using the phone as my alarm clock with this bug is too risky.

catpuke

Aug 30, 2008
Singapore
@Hack64

How do we stop the notification that an update is available? I clicked on Manage but it doesn't show which app is sending that notification.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

[/COLOR @Hack64

How do we stop the notification that an update is available? I clicked on Manage but it doesn't show which app is sending that notification.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

zSLlyzz.jpg

Picsel inExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20 [davinci]

What is Picsel inExperience?
    Picsel inExperience is just my own personal take at Pixel Experience.
    I use a different device tree from the official one, a different kernel and i try to keep it as much updated as possible.
    Plus, there are some cool features like DC Dimming, Togglable SIMs, FOD animations and other stuff.

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face Unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS NOR VENDOR, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from SourceForge

How to install?
    1. Flash the rom package
    2. Flash Magisk (optional)
    3. Format Data
    4. Reboot!

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Stay tuned
    Picsel's Telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
    Picsel inExperience, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    Hack64
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-08-07
    Last Updated 2020-10-02
    Update time! This time with a little surprise: FOD animations are here!
    You can find them under Display->Lock screen display->Recognizing animation effect ;)

Download it HERE or update via OTA.

Changelog:
    Device changes:
    - Cleaned up vendor
    - Fixed a libperfmgr error spam
    - Added screen off fod
    - Updated VantomKernel

ROM changes:
    - August security patches
    - New volume panel (ported from LOS)
    - Screen off fod backend
    - FOD Animations picker

Support me: https://paypal.me/marcor00
    Update with august patches tomorrow :)
    Some notes about the included Camera app:
    Unfortunately, I can't include ANXCamera nor MiuiCamera by default. This is because building them inline with the rom breaks brightness fading when using autobrightness, so you would get an horrible sharp change in brightness whenever the sensor decides to change it. So, as a remedy i decided to include the most stable (imo) gcam available for this device: Urnyx05's Gcam.

There's a catch though, as apparently using it as system app breaks some stuff, like custom xml configs and lib patcher.
    In order to fix these issues, you just need to download latest urnyx's version and install it on top of the system one, as if it was a normal installation.
    In order to use 48mp with the included GCam, you will need a special fix available in this post's attached files ( NOTE: it's a magisk module, credits to @VladSor ). Using this will break your front camera video recording.

If you want to use ANXCamera instead, (which is a port of MiuiCamera if you didn't know already), you can get it at https://camera.aeonax.com. If you decide to install v190, remember to download the bootloop hotfix, available there too.

If you decide to use a completely different GCam from another dev, you need to uninstall the one included first. You can do this with magisk modules or by renaming the apk in system/priv-app/GoogleCamera's extension (eg. GoogleCamera.bak). Then, you just need to reboot your phone and install your favorite GCam. If you update, you will have to do this procedure again, unless i find a way to change the apk's package name.
    Two big features are coming very soon... Stay tuned ;)