[ROM][10.0][davinci] Picsel inExperience+ [AOSP][2020/09/28][EOL]

Search This thread

Master_T

May 11, 2011
This is the first ROM I've found for this device where WiFi doesn't randomly disconnect for a few seconds every few minutes... and in general WiFi signal seems stronger and more stable than in other roms. Great job!

Hack64

shaskhin1365

Jun 13, 2016
I can't open settings /system, crashes the app
happened after dirty flashing couple of roms in previous version, flashed vendor and rom again didn't fix it(dirty flash)
any solution before i try clean flash ??
:)

Last edited:

epraes

Jul 18, 2013
Has anybody else noticed low volume when, for example, sending voice notes through WhatsApp or Telegram? I'm not sure if this is ROM-related or not, it could very well be my microphone but I wouldn't like to change ROMs just for that (mainly because this ROM is f... awesome).

rupisekhon

Jul 31, 2009
I am away from my home and have some wifi smart appliances and cctv configured in respective apps. If I install the latest update received via OTA, will it erase my apps, configurations, logins, settings etc? Kindly advise.

Master_T

May 11, 2011
After updating to the latest version yesterday I've had a few instances where the phone UI suddenly became very laggy and stopped working shortly after, I had to hard reset to make it work again. Happened three times since yesterday. Does it happen to anyone else? Previous version didn't seem to have this problem, but I had only used it for a few days so maybe I just didn't have time to encounter it ?

oscar.d

Sep 21, 2020
After updating to the latest version yesterday I've had a few instances where the phone UI suddenly became very laggy and stopped working shortly after, I had to hard reset to make it work again. Happened three times since yesterday. Does it happen to anyone else? Previous version didn't seem to have this problem, but I had only used it for a few days so maybe I just didn't have time to encounter it [emoji848]
I confirm this same behavior on last version, I noticed when battery reach 5% then I gets super laggy, impossible to operate.

Then I connect wall charger for 2 mins, once it reached 6% of battery, everything went to normal.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Hack64

After updating to the latest version yesterday I've had a few instances where the phone UI suddenly became very laggy and stopped working shortly after, I had to hard reset to make it work again. Happened three times since yesterday. Does it happen to anyone else? Previous version didn't seem to have this problem, but I had only used it for a few days so maybe I just didn't have time to encounter it ?

I confirm this same behavior on last version, I noticed when battery reach 5% then I gets super laggy, impossible to operate.

Then I connect wall charger for 2 mins, once it reached 6% of battery, everything went to normal.

Yes, unfortunately this was a kernel bug. You can find a fixed kernel on my telegram group. In the meantime, while waiting for an update, you can either avoid reaching 5% or flash the aforementioned kernel.

Feb 27, 2019
I just want to ask some users of this rom if we could access to engineer mode / service mode of our devices, I was searching and trying there are codes after dialing won't show or nothings happen. Is there any way we can access to it?

Edit : my purpose to it is to change the band mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

zSLlyzz.jpg

Picsel inExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20 [davinci]

What is Picsel inExperience?
    Picsel inExperience is just my own personal take at Pixel Experience.
    I use a different device tree from the official one, a different kernel and i try to keep it as much updated as possible.
    Plus, there are some cool features like DC Dimming, Togglable SIMs, FOD animations and other stuff.

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face Unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS NOR VENDOR, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from SourceForge

How to install?
    1. Flash the rom package
    2. Flash Magisk (optional)
    3. Format Data
    4. Reboot!

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Stay tuned
    Picsel's Telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
    Picsel inExperience, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
    Hack64
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-08-07
    Last Updated 2020-10-02
    Update time! This time with a little surprise: FOD animations are here!
    You can find them under Display->Lock screen display->Recognizing animation effect ;)

Download it HERE or update via OTA.

Changelog:
    Device changes:
    - Cleaned up vendor
    - Fixed a libperfmgr error spam
    - Added screen off fod
    - Updated VantomKernel

ROM changes:
    - August security patches
    - New volume panel (ported from LOS)
    - Screen off fod backend
    - FOD Animations picker

Support me: https://paypal.me/marcor00
    Update with august patches tomorrow :)
    Some notes about the included Camera app:
    Unfortunately, I can't include ANXCamera nor MiuiCamera by default. This is because building them inline with the rom breaks brightness fading when using autobrightness, so you would get an horrible sharp change in brightness whenever the sensor decides to change it. So, as a remedy i decided to include the most stable (imo) gcam available for this device: Urnyx05's Gcam.

There's a catch though, as apparently using it as system app breaks some stuff, like custom xml configs and lib patcher.
    In order to fix these issues, you just need to download latest urnyx's version and install it on top of the system one, as if it was a normal installation.
    In order to use 48mp with the included GCam, you will need a special fix available in this post's attached files ( NOTE: it's a magisk module, credits to @VladSor ). Using this will break your front camera video recording.

If you want to use ANXCamera instead, (which is a port of MiuiCamera if you didn't know already), you can get it at https://camera.aeonax.com. If you decide to install v190, remember to download the bootloop hotfix, available there too.

If you decide to use a completely different GCam from another dev, you need to uninstall the one included first. You can do this with magisk modules or by renaming the apk in system/priv-app/GoogleCamera's extension (eg. GoogleCamera.bak). Then, you just need to reboot your phone and install your favorite GCam. If you update, you will have to do this procedure again, unless i find a way to change the apk's package name.
    Two big features are coming very soon... Stay tuned ;)