If you want to install microG, make sure you have already installed Magisk, and follow these instructions:
1. Download the latest build of NanoDroid-microG from here.
2. Reboot to recovery and flash the NanoDroid zip file.
3. After you reboot to system, check the microG Self-Check menu and make sure everything besides signature spoofing is working.
4. Download Smali Patcher to a PC from here.
5. Extract the Smali Patcher zip file and run the executable.
6. Make sure your Moto G is connected to your PC over ADB (this is assuming your PC has ADB installed).
7. In "Patch Options," check only the box for signature spoofing and click the "ADB Patch" button.
8. Once the process is complete, there should be a newly generated Magisk module zip file in the directory where Smali Patcher is located.
9. Copy the Magisk module over to your Moto G and add it using Magisk Manager.
10. Reboot to apply the change and if everything works as expected, signature spoofing support should be available in the microG Self-Check menu.
* Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
[LIST] [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U] [*]Statusbar icons. [*]Traffic indicators. [*]4G Icon Instead of LTE. [*]VoLTE icon toggle. [*]Clock Customisation. [*]Battery Customisation. [U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U] [*]Navbar invert layout. [U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U] [*]QS brightness slider position. [*]Battery mode selection. [U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U] [*]Charging info. [*]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration. [*]Unlock keystore with fingerprint after reboot. [*]Lockscreen Weather. [*]Lockscreen visualizer. [*]Lockscreen media art and Blur customisation. [U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U] [*]H/W keys customisation. [*]H/W buttons backlight customisations. [*]Volume key cursor control. [*]Volume rocker wake. [U][B]NOTIFICATIONS:[/B][/U] [*]Headsup Customisations. [*]Incall Vibrations. [*]Battery light customization. [*]Notifications light customization. [U][B]MISC:[/B][/U] [*]Three Finger Screenshot. [*]Wake on plug. [U][B]Others:[/B][/U] [*]Doubletap or longpress power to toggle flashlight. Lots more to come soon!..Stay Tuned!!![/LIST]
Yes the ROM is fully functional. Microg just spoofs the presence of google play services. So all your apps work fine and it takes about 14mb ram compared to 114 mb ram taken by google play services.