• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][J5 2016] Pixel Experience Plus Edition [AOSP][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Arbab(AB)

Sep 27, 2017
Kandiaro
HELLO GUYS,PRESENTING MY THIRD ROM(OR U CAN TAKE IT AS AN UPDATE OF MY PREVIOUS ROM) AND I HAVE BUILD IT TOO ON MY J5 WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A PC...

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience Plus Edition for J5 2016 [j5xnlte]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
[PLUS EDITION] In addition with some extra but basic customization [PLUS EDITION]
Based on Android 10.0

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Credits
THANKS TO @jenslody , @SebaUbuntu , @daywalk3r666 , @Exodusnick , @Francisco Funes and to all those,who share something with this World.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200619-065056_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20200619-065056_Pixel_Launcher.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 2,848
  • Screenshot_20200619-064550379.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-064550379.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 2,821
  • Screenshot_20200619-061843_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20200619-061843_Pixel_Launcher.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,801
  • Screenshot_20200619-061735588.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-061735588.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 2,820
  • Screenshot_20200619-061523_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200619-061523_Pixel_Launcher.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,815

Arbab(AB)

Sep 27, 2017
Kandiaro
Some Notes:
•After installation reboot your device and goto "SETTINGS▸SYSTEM▸BUTTONS"and disable system Navbar.
•Advance Reboot will be enabled from Developers Menu
Notification Dots are replaced by Bubble Notifications after April Security Patch and Android 10 disables bubbles by default. Currently, the feature is in developer preview and is in the developer options.
Go to Settings ▸ Developer Options ▸ Bubbles, and use the switch to turn the feature on.
•And I hope Bluetooth audio will work fine on this build...

Last edited:

Bogdans29

Jun 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Some Notes:
•After installation reboot your device and goto "SETTINGS▸SYSTEM▸BUTTONS"and disable system Navbar.
•Notification Dots are replaced by Bubble Notifications after April Security Patch and Android 10 disables bubbles by default. Currently, the feature is in developer preview and is in the developer options.
Go to Settings ▸ Developer Options ▸ Bubbles, and use the switch to turn the feature on.
What's different from stock Pixel what that plus adds?

Swag7689

Jul 9, 2018
I have encountered one bug when switching the save location for photos from the phone storage to the micro SD card the taken photos do not save and do not open. (Overall a very stable rom, for a phone from 2016, Just dont give up on this, so far this is the best stable Android Q rom for this phone.):laugh::good::victory:

Dinchhien

Apr 1, 2020
With dual sim, audio call only on LTE sim.
Notification dots, draw over other apps and picture-in-picture don't work.
I tried many ways but failed. :(

NecromancerViper

Jul 15, 2019
Los Angeles
I have encountered one bug when switching the save location for photos from the phone storage to the micro SD card the taken photos do not save and do not open. (Overall a very stable rom, for a phone from 2016, Just dont give up on this, so far this is the best stable Android Q rom for this phone.):laugh::good::victory:
It a android 9 + policy where apps don't have permission to save stuff on the SD card

Reactions: DenisCerri

Akash23q2

Jan 9, 2020
I tried this rom an hour ago and I am really impressed with your work, the rom is smooth and stable as well.
But there are certain issues which I think you should definitely focus on-
1- We can't add more than 1 google account simultaneously, if you wish to do that you will need to reboot your device everytime before adding one more new google account.

2- I found that the google assistant service is broken on this rom, you can't use it, even it is disabled in the settings. I had also tried downloading its app but the problem persist.

3- Swipe across status bar gesture to change the brightness , is also not working( not so imp.)

4- We can't use apps which requires draw over other apps for ex. Truecaller.

And one last thing , I am not complaining and asking you to give updates , my job is trying your roms and give you my opinion reguarding it. Thats it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagdishjangu

Arbab(AB)

Sep 27, 2017
Kandiaro
Split-screen option is missing

Brother i am doing all that stuff on my j5's terminal screen and this option is not available in rom source by default and to add such type of options i have to modify source framework files & i have tried to modify them but you know what,some files contains more than 10 thousands lines and my terminal app freezes when i open such type giant files...but i am still trying to make u people happy:eek:

Arbab(AB)

Sep 27, 2017
Kandiaro
I tried this rom an hour ago and I am really impressed with your work, the rom is smooth and stable as well.
But there are certain issues which I think you should definitely focus on-
1- We can't add more than 1 google account simultaneously, if you wish to do that you will need to reboot your device everytime before adding one more new google account.

2- I found that the google assistant service is broken on this rom, you can't use it, even it is disabled in the settings. I had also tried downloading its app but the problem persist.

3- Swipe across status bar gesture to change the brightness , is also not working( not so imp.)

4- We can't use apps which requires draw over other apps for ex. Truecaller.

And one last thing , I am not complaining and asking you to give updates , my job is trying your roms and give you my opinion reguarding it. Thats it.
Got it.

Reactions: Akash23q2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO GUYS,PRESENTING MY THIRD ROM(OR U CAN TAKE IT AS AN UPDATE OF MY PREVIOUS ROM) AND I HAVE BUILD IT TOO ON MY J5 WITH THE HELP OF GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD A PC...

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience Plus Edition for J5 2016 [j5xnlte]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)
    [PLUS EDITION] In addition with some extra but basic customization [PLUS EDITION]
    Based on Android 10.0

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Credits
    THANKS TO @jenslody , @SebaUbuntu , @daywalk3r666 , @Exodusnick , @Francisco Funes and to all those,who share something with this World.
    Some Notes:
    Notification Dots are replaced by Bubble Notifications after April Security Patch and Android 10 disables bubbles by default. Currently, the feature is in developer preview and is in the developer options.
    What's different from stock Pixel what that plus adds?
    It has some addition customizations,like advance reboot menu,quick settings and status bar editor...
    I have fixed Bluetooth audio too in this build which was not working in my previous stock pixel build.
    Thank u so much
    Can I use for daily driver?
    You're welcome and yes almost.. Btw there is no harm in trying.