[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][ Update 2023-10-15 ]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
  • Touchscreen
  • Sensors
  • Lights
  • Audio
  • Video
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi
  • GPS
  • 4G/data connectivity
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Internal/External Storage
  • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
  • Off-mode Charging
  • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
  • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
  • Camera
  • USB tethering
  • Encryption
  • SELinux disabled !
  • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
  • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
  • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
  • if you are installing LOS for the first time, you must format the data under TWRP and reboot device again to TWRP
  • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
  • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
  • Flash the latest build available
  • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads :
  • Final release - October 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-10-15
  • GApps : recommended : ARM64, Android 10 ( nano or pico for devices with 2GB of System Partition )

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
Stable

Dev nformation :
Closed

Created : 2020-12-06
Last Updated : 2023-10-15

Last edited:

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OK, installed with OpenGapps Micro; on boot, getting error 'Android System' 'There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.' This shows up over the 'Hi there' screen. I will try to continue the installation..

EDIT: It is not able to see wifi networks. I will skip and see what happens.
EDIT: Able to setup PIN; no option for fingerprint on setup.
EDIT: Booted Lineage, but still not able to see any wifi; at this point, I will stop testing.

Reactions: earlg100

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
OK, installed with OpenGapps Micro; on boot, getting error 'Android System' 'There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details.' This shows up over the 'Hi there' screen. I will try to continue the installation..

EDIT: It is not able to see wifi networks. I will skip and see what happens.

Yes, I have the same issue after boot ... I guess it'll be fixed in the next update, it's nothing serious ... Just a Warning !

Also you can consult What's Working list from OP !

Anyway, thank you very much for confirmation that it's booted successfuly on BTV-W09 !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I saw the title and I just laughed.. man I never ever expected to get a custom rom on this device let alone Android 10! .. will try it as soon as I can.

Thanks !

Actually you can install it only for fan or to explore what Android 10 come with ... as for moment almost all functions are still not enabled !

starfall88

Apr 11, 2007
This is a big surprise for me. Never expect to see a custom ROM for this device. Time to try to unlock the bootloader. Lineage 17.1 is a great ROM. Thanks!

Reactions: Ferreto.11
Thanks !

Actually you can install it only for fan or to explore what Android 10 come with ... as for moment almost all functions are still not enabled !
Yeah I know I read the short not working list haha.. And I can see that some didn't. Maybe make it bolder and bigger. XD

I used reverse tethering to get some kind of internet conenction. Installed some apps and I'm having fun. it's usable. Posting this comment from it now.

Chrome got some freezes. But the stock browser is working fine. For me if it's not soft rebooting every couple of seconds then it's usable. Job well done.

Reactions: surdu_petru

Me,You,and Daigorou

Jun 30, 2020
Amazing, because we can take modernity on our device thanks to you. I stay still EMUI, however I am glad that you give us great possibilities.

Thank you very much surdu_petru.:)

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Booted... so far, same 'there is an internal problem with your device' error message immediately upon boot...
Still no connection to wifi, will restore back to 15.1 and wait for next version.
Thank you for continuing to develop this!

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Booted... so far, same 'there is an internal problem with your device' error message immediately upon boot...
Still no connection to wifi, will restore back to 15.1 and wait for next version.
Thank you for continuing to develop this!

Do you flashed the same build of LOS 17.1 and do you expect it to go better than the first time ?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
No, I booted the 2nd build, to see if there were any changes. Unless I'm confused and there was actually only one build? :)

I'm sorry once again that I wasn't explicit enough ... Usually I stated clearly New Update when a new release is out !
I'm working to fix WiFi before to release the second test and I hope to release the new update as soon as possible !

Jul 27, 2013
Changsha
Hi,man,amazing rom update.It's too difficult to cook a custom android 10 rom because of the Huawei Kirin 950 chip.What are the difficulties in the future. Thank you surdu_petru.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • if you are installing LOS for the first time, you must format the data under TWRP and reboot device again to TWRP
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    • Final release - October 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-10-15
    • GApps : recommended : ARM64, Android 10 ( nano or pico for devices with 2GB of System Partition )

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Dev nformation :
    Closed

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2023-10-15
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png