[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][ Update 2023-10-15 ]

Search This thread

mogulman01

Jun 11, 2009
So I went from 15.1 to 17.1. Worked fine, except I'm getting the Play Protect message. I'm using the Gapps Micro. I tried waiting 20-30 minutes and rebooting but it still happens. Do I need to do some other task before waiting 20 minutes?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
So I went from 15.1 to 17.1. Worked fine, except I'm getting the Play Protect message. I'm using the Gapps Micro. I tried waiting 20-30 minutes and rebooting but it still happens. Do I need to do some other task before waiting 20 minutes?
Now making a little joke ... you can wait until 2022 if you have not previously registered your device !

• Haha
Reactions: friedsonjm
How to get to Android 7, is there any way, I can't update directly on my device and the updates via dload don't work. Thank you
You could use update.app extractor to get .img files from UPDATE.APP and flash them with fastboot. It won't let you flash all of them but should be enough to get you going in the right direction.
If you have twrp installed it will install factory ota update.zip and hardware_data.zip if you can find them. I couldn't get updates last time I reverted to marshmallow. HWOUC wouldn't connect.

Joe3Stix

Dec 4, 2018
Hey , from what I know there is no hardware difference between global and chinese versions only software . Mine is CN LTE version . After I fixed mine cust partition ( broke it by force flashing global EMUI roms ;) ) i was able to flash TWRP and LOS and it is working superb now.
Lookup Huawei firmware site with firmware collection I have provided and try to find android 7 with cust.img and dload folder to fix your partitions. If your goal is to have LOS working i would not care about which rom I install to have it working :p
Okay, I'm using the Firmware Finder tool, and I've been able to determine that the BTV-W09C128* builds are US, and it looks like B352 should be Android 7 with EMUI 5. I'm pulling down the FullOTA-MF-PV and the OTA-MF. Should I just use the firmware extractor to extract the various bits? From both of those files, or just the Full?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Okay, I'm using the Firmware Finder tool, and I've been able to determine that the BTV-W09C128* builds are US, and it looks like B352 should be Android 7 with EMUI 5. I'm pulling down the FullOTA-MF-PV and the OTA-MF. Should I just use the firmware extractor to extract the various bits? From both of those files, or just the Full?
First try to extract cust.img and flash it via fastboot or into twrp using "dd" command !
After you can extract UPDATE.APP from FullOTA-MF-PV zip archive and put it into your microsd card /dload folder !

external_sd/dload/UPDATE.APP

Your device can be on twrp for the above operations !

With your device power off, try to press & keep pressing at the same time all the three hardware buttons until your device will restart to update your device !

This worked.. Sorry.. newbie here.

Now that it is working.. nothing new to report. Facebook Lite=yes, Facebook=No.

Glad to see it's working for you too .

I apologize if I bothered you with the previous post, there was no intention in any way or other ! I said what I thought at the time, and I retract my words !

Last edited:

slakynpp

Nov 1, 2016
surdu_petru Thank you very much, I moved from 15.1 to 17.1 today. I'm a big fan of you.

I have a problem that when I try to connect a Gamepad bluetooth controller, it restarts by itself every time. (In case I used Ipeaga PG-9157 which was no problem connecting to another android device)

mogulman01

Jun 11, 2009
I noticed the following apps aren't available from the play store. Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Worked on 15.1.

Schlage Home : smart lock app
MyQ: Garage door control app

Me,You,and Daigorou

Jun 30, 2020
Hi surdu_petru

I found a solution to the Rotation problem on BTV-L0J. This is a temporary method.

I installed an app called Sensor Box for Android, and launched it.
Then I tapped Orientation Sensor(I attached a picture), and I went home screen, with the app running in the background.
Screenshot.jpg

In this situation that the app is running, the Rotaion works. If I kill the app from background tasks, the Rotation is also off.

I want your advice how to give you some data, for example logcat, etc. I don't have Android sutudio, so do I need to use some apps like aLogcat or CatLog?

Thanks.

Me,You,and Daigorou

Jun 30, 2020
How to get to Android 7, is there any way, I can't update directly on my device and the updates via dload don't work. Thank you

Hi minhhai2403
d-01j(BTV-L0J) is a little bit different from other devices. I assume your Andoid version is 6(Marshmallow), you have unlocked Boot Loader, and you have flashed TWRP.
This case, you can't upgrade to Android7.

So you have to restore to Stock Docomo ROM. How to do that?
It's a little complicated, but if you haven't changed oeminfo, it's relatively easy.

First, you download this file, and unzip it. You go to this directory and copy dload to your device.
Code:
BTV-L0JC137B032_Firmware_Japan_NTT DOCOMO_Android 6.0_EMUI 4.1_05014HWX/Software/release/no-log

You rename UPDATE.APP (it is located in the same file of the dload) to UPDATE.zip and unzip it. Then you fastboot flash recovery.img and recovery2.img(the both located in UPDATE).
Finally, you take your device to dload by pressing Volume +, - and power.

I don't guarantee your success, of course. DISCLAIMER.

If you are japanese speaker, I suggest you visit 5ch.net. This thread is for d-01j(BTV-L0J) users.

Joe3Stix

Dec 4, 2018
Yes, I guess you are right ... I already checked his cust partition from recovery log and seems to be 0 :

Additional if the device not boot on stock EMUI and stuck on bootanimation, you should force to put the device into stock recovery and format data ( in order to encrypted data back ) - after this operation the device will surely boot on stock EMUI ( alreday tested by me when the device stuck on stock EMUI bootanimation )

EDIT:
The link for download stock EMUI it's only for BTV-DL09 and his device it's WiFi only ( BTV-W09 ) - so it is not advisable at all to use that download link !

First try to extract cust.img and flash it via fastboot or into twrp using "dd" command !
After you can extract UPDATE.APP from FullOTA-MF-PV zip archive and put it into your microsd card /dload folder !

Your device can be on twrp for the above operations !

With your device power off, try to press & keep pressing at the same time all the three hardware buttons until your device will restart to update your device !
This did the trick! Thanks for your patience and assistance!! Now happily running LineageOS 15.1!

Reactions: surdu_petru

Joe3Stix

Dec 4, 2018
@Joe3Stix
Hey i had some problem , this is how I solve it :
Download full M3 image from here :
BTV-DL09 (LTE)
BTV-W09 (WIFI)
Extract cust.img with Huawei Extractor
Boot to bootloader
Flash cust.img via fastboot (fastboot flash cust cust.img)
Extract archive , put dload folder on micro sd
Force update install (Volume up + Volume Down + Power)
And after reboot tablet should boot
Thanks! This resolved my problem and I was able to get Lineage OS 15.1 running!

Reactions: friedsonjm

minhhai2403

Jan 5, 2021
Thank you everyone, I got Android 7, then I installed twrp 3.3.1-1 and installed rom Lineage OS 15.1, but now my sim doesn't work, does anyone know the reason.
And currently I can only install Lineage OS 15.1, the 2 latest versions, Lineage OS 16, Lineage OS 17.1 I installed are all suspended and stopped at this part.

Attachments

• 1610037869573.png
    1610037869573.png
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 35

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
surdu_petru Thank you very much, I moved from 15.1 to 17.1 today. I'm a big fan of you.

I have a problem that when I try to connect a Gamepad bluetooth controller, it restarts by itself every time. (In case I used Ipeaga PG-9157 which was no problem connecting to another android device)

I'm sorry, I know there are some issues on the bluetooth side, unfortunately I can't do much .... there is a lot of devices that are able to connect with our tablet but at the same time there are also some devices that cannot be connected via BT !

Hi surdu_petru

I found a solution to the Rotation problem on BTV-L0J. This is a temporary method.

I installed an app called Sensor Box for Android, and launched it.
Then I tapped Orientation Sensor(I attached a picture), and I went home screen, with the app running in the background.
View attachment 5179981

In this situation that the app is running, the Rotaion works. If I kill the app from background tasks, the Rotation is also off.

I want your advice how to give you some data, for example logcat, etc. I don't have Android sutudio, so do I need to use some apps like aLogcat or CatLog?

Thanks.
I'm sorry, but I can't help you to fix rotation because your device it's not BTV-DL09 or BTV-W09 !
To take a logcat it's very easy :

adb logcat > log.txt

This did the trick! Thanks for your patience and assistance!! Now happily running LineageOS 15.1!

Hey, I'm glad to see that you fixed your issue !

Thank you everyone, I got Android 7, then I installed twrp 3.3.1-1 and installed rom Lineage OS 15.1, but now my sim doesn't work, does anyone know the reason.
And currently I can only install Lineage OS 15.1, the 2 latest versions, Lineage OS 16, Lineage OS 17.1 I installed are all suspended and stopped at this part.

Firstly, TWRP 3.3.1-1 it's for Android 9/10 and not for LOS 15.1!

For SIM issue, you should check LOS 15.1 Thread, I stated there clearly why it's not working and how you can help me to fix it for you !

Apparently it seems like you can't read clearly, a little more than one post and understand installation instructions ...
Therefore let me believe that you cannot install LOS 16.0 or LOS 17.1 precisely for these reasons !

My advice: try to spend more time informing yourself and reading as many posts as possible related LOS 15.1/LOS 16.0 & LOS 17.1 - I'm sure that you'll find yourself what you did wrong or what step do you missed ! Also make sure that you respect 100% step by step Installation instructions ! If you have doubt feel free to ask ... nobody was born learned !

Last edited:

Me,You,and Daigorou

Jun 30, 2020
I'm sorry, but I can't help you to fix rotation because your device it's not BTV-DL09 or BTV-W09 !

Even if it's useless, I would like to offer you my logcat!

The steps
I am Home screen
I launch an app 'Sensor Box for Android', then I tap 'Orientation Sensor'.
I return to the Home screen
I tilt my device to the left 90 degrees (Rotation follows my orientation)
I put my device back on straight (Rotation follows my orientation)
I tilt my device to the right 90 degrees (Rotation follows my orientation)
I put my device back on straight (Rotation follows my orientation)

I kill the app 'Sensor Box for Android' from Background tasks
I tilt my device to the left 90 degrees (Rotation does not follow my orientation)
I tilt my device to the right 90 degrees (Rotation does not follow my orientation)

I press Ctrl + c, finished

Attachments

• log.txt.zip
    102.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: surdu_petru

AlexDushechkin

Jan 9, 2021
Hi, I have been trying to install this firmware for a long time.

I have two errors (provided screenshots) on the tablet, but they do not affect the installation, although I would like to solve them if you know how. The first one occurs every time I turn on the tablet, and the second - sometimes (but it happens even several times in a row).

The main problem due to which I cannot install is that every time I unlock the bootloader on emui 5 with "oem unlocking" ON, then after turning tablet on (and often rebooting during startup for different reasons) and further logging in to the system, it turns out that the "oem unlocking" option is gray and disabled, which is why I can not install twrp.
On emui 4, there is no such problem and i can install twrp easily, but you say you shouldn't install lineage on emui 4.

Attachments

• 15054887.jpg
    15054887.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 64
  • JDoqF.png
    JDoqF.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 62

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • if you are installing LOS for the first time, you must format the data under TWRP and reboot device again to TWRP
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    • Final release - October 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-10-15
    • GApps : recommended : ARM64, Android 10 ( nano or pico for devices with 2GB of System Partition )

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Dev nformation :
    Closed

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2023-10-15
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png