[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 14-21/05/2022]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I don't any certification issue. Because i know how to fix this....
The only issue i have is
Whenever i flash lineage os any of the versions. I can only use it for 1 day only. After that it starts messing up with apps. I mean
Bluetooth keeps stopping , launcher keeps stopping , chrome and youtube stops responding. I bought this device for multimedia only.
View attachment 5519339

To me it seems that the data was not deleted, or properly deleted before installing a new version of Android, switching between different versions of Android, such as LineageOS 15.1, 16 or 17.1 necessarily requires wipe data, which unfortunately are not 100% compatible and may have unexpected results.

So my advice is to try to install LineageOS on clean, by going to TWRP, in the advanced wipe menu, wipe all - besides Internal Storage and/or External Storage ( Micro SD card ) - if available ( available only if you have inserted microSD on your device )

EDIT:

Data also need to be FORMATED not wiped ( and this is mandatory ) and only once when you switch from stock EMUI Firmware to LineageOS & TWRP - but I guess you already did this, as you already run TWRP & LineageOS on your device !

EDIT II:

These are the options that need to be wiped to install LOS on clean :

Screenshot-2022-01-29-05-05-56.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tensux and MVelte

Aqibjd773

Jan 26, 2022
To me it seems that the data was not deleted, or properly deleted before installing a new version of Android, switching between different versions of Android, such as LineageOS 15.1, 16 or 17.1 necessarily requires wipe data, which unfortunately are not 100% compatible and may have unexpected results.

So my advice is to try to install LineageOS on clean, by going to TWRP, in the advanced wipe menu, wipe all - besides Internal Storage and/or External Storage ( Micro SD card ) - if available ( available only if you have inserted microSD on your device )

EDIT:

Data also need to be FORMATED not wiped ( and this is mandatory ) and only once when you switch from stock EMUI Firmware to LineageOS & TWRP - but I guess you already did this, as you already run TWRP & LineageOS on your device !

EDIT II:

EDIT:

EDIT II:

I use custom roms on my main device too. So i know a little about switching between roms.
And i did the same steps.
And i have found the reason behind this issue. If i flash magisk and at the same time i have google chrome and youtube installed than my device messes up after a few hours or days. Here is the list of minor issues that shows up.
1. Can't enable wifi i have to reboot device to use wifi or hotspot everytime.
2. Bluetooth shows error that it stopped responding.
3. Systemui and launcher crashes.
And all these issues are faced on all builds.
But only with magisk. Without magisk i didn't face this.
Other than that lineage os 15 has an issue with dialer where i can't use ussd codes it doesn't show reply. So I can't check my balance and data pack resources.
Lineage os 16 doesn't have any other issues except for the mentioned above.
Lineage os 17 has an issue that is very much concerned.
Sim doesn't work properly..
But i appreciate your work that you gave life to this device.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I use custom roms on my main device too. So i know a little about switching between roms.
And i did the same steps.
And i have found the reason behind this issue. If i flash magisk and at the same time i have google chrome and youtube installed than my device messes up after a few hours or days. Here is the list of minor issues that shows up.
1. Can't enable wifi i have to reboot device to use wifi or hotspot everytime.
2. Bluetooth shows error that it stopped responding.
3. Systemui and launcher crashes.
And all these issues are faced on all builds.
But only with magisk. Without magisk i didn't face this.
Other than that lineage os 15 has an issue with dialer where i can't use ussd codes it doesn't show reply. So I can't check my balance and data pack resources.
Lineage os 16 doesn't have any other issues except for the mentioned above.
Lineage os 17 has an issue that is very much concerned.
Sim doesn't work properly..
But i appreciate your work that you gave life to this device.
ok, thank you very much for the additional information, but this should have been specified at the same time as the post where you reported about the problems you are experiencing !

Since you did not specify from the beginning that you were using Magisk, I gave you the correct answer to solve any problems in such cases ... It seemed strange to me anyway to find out that you have problems like this, considering that I am not using Magisk and I do not encounter the problems described by you.

EDIT :

Please, can you send me more information about the SIM issue into LOS 17.1 via PM, maybe I'lll be able to solve this problem in the near future? Thanks !

Aqibjd773

Jan 26, 2022
ok, thank you very much for the additional information, but this should have been specified at the same time as the post where you reported about the problems you are experiencing !

Since you did not specify from the beginning that you were using Magisk, I gave you the correct answer to solve any problems in such cases ... It seemed strange to me anyway to find out that you have problems like this, considering that I am not using Magisk and I do not encounter the problems described by you.

EDIT :

Please, can you send me more information about the SIM issue into LOS 17.1 via PM, maybe I'lll be able to solve this problem in the near future? Thanks !
Ok i will flash lineage os 17 again and give you screenshots and logs. ..
Maybe network issue is only for pakistani networks.
I got to weak signal strength... Which makes internet speed slower..

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Ok i will flash lineage os 17 again and give you screenshots and logs. ..
Maybe network issue is only for pakistani networks.
I got to weak signal strength... Which makes internet speed slower..
There is a problem on LOS 17.1 with the correct scaling of the signal strength, so it appears in the status bar as weak

Unfortunately , the fix for the signal strength applied on LOS 15.1 & LOS 16.0 does not work on LOS 17.1

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

New Update Of LineageOS 17.1 !

A new update of LOS 17.1 for our devices has been published in the OP

Changelog:
  • update of security patch level : January 5, 2022

Screenshot-20220130-121220-Settings.png

Like always you can update via dirty flash if you come from previously update or on clean in all other situations !

mOlDaViA

Dec 20, 2014

EDIT:

EDIT II:

That is something i do always just to be sure and i did it for LOS 17.1 too but still the fingerprint was the problem for Google Services.
It looks like something is messed up with that.

jarek7705

Sep 23, 2015
I tried to do the update on my BTV-W09 no and unfortunately I have a bootloop. Fortunately, there is access to TWRP. Can someone help me what to do next?
Before the update, I had a fully running LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-03-19

earlg100

Jan 18, 2016
I tried to do the update on my BTV-W09 no and unfortunately I have a bootloop. Fortunately, there is access to TWRP. Can someone help me what to do next?
Before the update, I had a fully running LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-03-19
Did you flash the boot.img? After every update you have to flash the recent boot.img as well on w09

jarek7705

Sep 23, 2015
Did you flash the boot.img? After every update you have to flash the recent boot.img as well on w09
Yes of course, from this topic - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688278463

Now, if turn on the tablet, hava a startup animation in ~4 minutes and auto reboot to twrp.

EDIT:
Another upload of firmwaru and boot.img without restarting helped. fired up :) A file system repair was also needed because there was a problem with /data and /3rdmodem

Thank you very much for your willingness to help!

btw, and where I will find the instruction to upload back STOCK - and possibly where are the working sources, because those on huawei show an error ...

Last edited:
Reactions: earlg100
Yes of course, from this topic - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17825722713688278463

Now, if turn on the tablet, hava a startup animation in ~4 minutes and auto reboot to twrp.

EDIT:
Another upload of firmwaru and boot.img without restarting helped. fired up :) A file system repair was also needed because there was a problem with /data and /3rdmodem

Thank you very much for your willingness to help!

btw, and where I will find the instruction to upload back STOCK - and possibly where are the working sources, because those on huawei show an error ...
To go back to stock you should be able to find anything you need in this thread

Reactions: surdu_petru

terry_mccann

May 3, 2009
Hi guys, getting this when trying to flash any LOS-image.....i am stuck here. Any ideas? Tried 15.1 as well eas 16.0 and 17.1 and also tried all the different TWRPs...

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_153421.jpg
    IMG_20220206_153421.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Kingsley.Wang

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi guys, getting this when trying to flash any LOS-image.....i am stuck here. Any ideas? Tried 15.1 as well eas 16.0 and 17.1 and also tried all the different TWRPs...
Please take the time to get better informed about this device, as it seems at this time you do not know which TWRP to use, and if you have used the right TWRP it seems that you have not read / understood the installation instructions. Everything here is very simple, you just have to pay close attention to the installation instructions ... after choosing the right TWRP !

EDIT:

When you installed LOS 15.1, if you had read carefully what is written there you would surely have found out which TWRP to use, as this is clearly stipulated to eliminate any confusion !

terry_mccann

May 3, 2009
Please take the time to get better informed about this device, as it seems at this time you do not know which TWRP to use, and if you have used the right TWRP it seems that you have not read / understood the installation instructions. Everything here is very simple, you just have to pay close attention to the installation instructions ... after choosing the right TWRP !

EDIT:

When you installed LOS 15.1, if you had read carefully what is written there you would surely have found out which TWRP to use, as this is clearly stipulated to eliminate any confusion !
Thanks for nothing. Taking the time spamming that wall of text took you more time than hint in the right direction.

I understand very well what is going on. Choosing the right TWRP resulted in the directories of my current installation of stock 7.0 not being visible.

I thought up to now, forums where meant for helping each other out and not patronising like .....

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thanks for nothing. Taking the time spamming that wall of text took you more time than hint in the right direction.

I understand very well what is going on. Choosing the right TWRP resulted in the directories of my current installation of stock 7.0 not being visible.

I thought up to now, forums where meant for helping each other out and not patronising like .....
Well ... let's just say you're right ... but what about reading and understanding the Installation Instructions? Here is your 100% problem, more than that I can't help you !

terry_mccann

May 3, 2009
OK, for the second time: If I use TWRP 3030 I can see the image files that I saved on my SD card and internal memory, but I cant install them, just as you write in the instructions.
When I flash TWRP 3.3.1-1 all diretories are empty and I can see no files. The whole "Data"-share is not displayed, which it is unsing TWRP 3030

This is mentioned nowhere in your directions so pointing to it over and over doesnt really help.

Sorry, but getting a bit frustrated here.

€dit
OK, found it in a very secluded place in the 15.0 thread. To use 3.1.1-1 formatting Data is needed.

Still, not very helpful and pretty arrogant of you to not say this.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: surdu_petru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

I just added a new update for all those who do not want to change the 2GB system stock partition!

Please check OP for downloads .

The WiFi only devices must flash the new boot image from 2022/05/14 .

Because LineageOS 17.1 is still receiving security updates I will continue to bring new updates here (month by month) as I used to in the past.
    Hi !

New update will be here very soon !

Will include the latest security patch from May 5, 2022 and system partition of 5GB in order to be able to install any GApps !
    New Update Of LOS 17.1 !

There is a new update of LOS 17.1 into OP for our device !

Changelog :
    • updated system security patch level : May 5, 2022
    • system image partition increased to about 5GB to fix installation of any GApps

Before installing this new update please manually modify the system partition size using this tutorial !

Screenshot-20220514-210208-Settings.png

Screenshot-2022-05-14-14-03-26.png

There is 2285MB free on system partition after I installed the mini version of GApps !
    I'll upload in this weekend a new update of LOS 17.1 with unmodified of system partition size like before .
    Just saying hello from the new update and a fresh 5gb system partition and all the gapps I've ever wanted.

Screenshot_20220515-000657_Device_Info~2.png
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2022-05-21
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png