[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 14-21/05/2022]

Search This thread

Aaron jr

Aug 24, 2016
Hello!
When I was using this rom, power drops abnormally fast. Then, I checked the cpu usage list, and I found out gms and surface finger are always using a high percentage of cpu. I also checked out the batter usage in settings, and it shows up with a high battery use from the screen, I wonder if this is normal or not and if it isn't, is there a suitable solution?
Thanks for reading this!
Screenshot_20220523-221948_Settings.png

Screenshot_20220523-224910_Battery_Guru.png
Screenshot_20220523-221800_CuToolbox.png

Oct 27, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hello!
When I was using this rom, power drops abnormally fast. Then, I checked the cpu usage list, and I found out gms and surface finger are always using a high percentage of cpu. I also checked out the batter usage in settings, and it shows up with a high battery use from the screen, I wonder if this is normal or not and if it isn't, is there a suitable solution?
Thanks for reading this!
View attachment 5620809
View attachment 5620815View attachment 5620813
Strange...I'm getting better than usual battery with the current rom. But it could be that I'm using FlameGApps. (https://sourceforge.net/projects/flamegapps/)

Reactions: Aaron jr

Marty19CZ

Jul 9, 2019
czech republic
Hello guys,

I can ask for help on how to do the following:

Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q) - when i have android 7 original

installation via PC or directly in the tablet. How to get twrp to tablet? I have BTV-W09 Android 7.

I did this last time on a Samsung S2 :) thx.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello guys,

I can ask for help on how to do the following:

Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q) - when i have android 7 original

installation via PC or directly in the tablet. How to get twrp to tablet? I have BTV-W09 Android 7.

I did this last time on a Samsung S2 :) thx.
I don't want to be rude, but here we cannot offer such help ... for such questions there is some separate sections :

Huawei Mediapad M3 Guides, News, & Discussion

or

Huawei Mediapad M3 Questions & Answers

Marty19CZ

Jul 9, 2019
czech republic

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
ok. thank you for the link, I'll look for more next time. it's just not clear to me if I have to have android first 9 and then up to 10, or if I can go straight from 7 to 10
Yes, you can go directly from stock Android EMUI Nougat ( 7.0 ) to LineageOS 17.1 ( Android 10 )

EDIT:
It's unclear to you because you don't read everything at all, you should read and understand the whole OP ( official post ) in order to understand better, as there is clearly stated which version of Android it's required in order to instal LOS 17.1 !

ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x

Marty19CZ

Jul 9, 2019
czech republic
read again what I wrote above because I added to EDIT what your problem would be!
In conclusion, if you had read what is written in the OP, you would not have asked such a thing.

Good luck !
you're right, I haven't read everything. I was just interested in the fact that I can update my old tablet to a new android. I'm looking for a simple overview of how to proceed .. but there are more options and so I have to find my way :)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
you're right, I haven't read everything. I was just interested in the fact that I can update my old tablet to a new android. I'm looking for a simple overview of how to proceed .. but there are more options and so I have to find my way :)
Yes, Huawei devices are a bit complicated ... You should not rush and spend a few days informing yourself well before starting this process!

Reactions: Marty19CZ

acgin

Jul 14, 2014
Hi, it is not a bug, but, is it normal that we have this many paritions on mmcblk0?
Code:
btv:/ #  ls /dev/block/
bootdevice/   loop13        loop7         mmcblk0p10    mmcblk0p18    mmcblk0p25    mmcblk0p32    mmcblk0p4     mmcblk0p47    mmcblk0rpmb   ram11         ram5
by-name/      loop14        loop8         mmcblk0p11    mmcblk0p19    mmcblk0p26    mmcblk0p33    mmcblk0p40    mmcblk0p48    mmcblk1       ram12         ram6
dm-0          loop15        loop9         mmcblk0p12    mmcblk0p2     mmcblk0p27    mmcblk0p34    mmcblk0p41    mmcblk0p49    mmcblk1p1     ram13         ram7
loop0         loop2         mapper/       mmcblk0p13    mmcblk0p20    mmcblk0p28    mmcblk0p35    mmcblk0p42    mmcblk0p5     mmcblk1p2     ram14         ram8
loop1         loop3         mmcblk0       mmcblk0p14    mmcblk0p21    mmcblk0p29    mmcblk0p36    mmcblk0p43    mmcblk0p6     platform/     ram15         ram9
loop10        loop4         mmcblk0boot0  mmcblk0p15    mmcblk0p22    mmcblk0p3     mmcblk0p37    mmcblk0p44    mmcblk0p7     ram0          ram2          vold/
loop11        loop5         mmcblk0boot1  mmcblk0p16    mmcblk0p23    mmcblk0p30    mmcblk0p38    mmcblk0p45    mmcblk0p8     ram1          ram3          zram0
loop12        loop6         mmcblk0p1     mmcblk0p17    mmcblk0p24    mmcblk0p31    mmcblk0p39    mmcblk0p46    mmcblk0p9     ram10         ram4

Since the Huawei recovery was never wiped even the boot gesture of recovery boots into TWRP

And the recharge on power down is also still the default Huawei animation.

Also, how to check the size of system partition?

Ryan650

Jun 18, 2022
Guys, how's the camera repair going? I still use los15. The camera is very important to me. Or is it possible to fix it? come on. LOL。

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    read again what I wrote above because I added to EDIT what your problem would be!
    In conclusion, if you had read what is written in the OP, you would not have asked such a thing.

Good luck !
    Yes, Huawei devices are a bit complicated ... You should not rush and spend a few days informing yourself well before starting this process!
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2022-05-21
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png