[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 15/10/2022]

Search This thread

Quinlu

Aug 27, 2017
Hello,
Its been a long time since I last flashed a phone/tablet. I've read the OP and I have a doubt:
Under downloads there is a file "only for wifi devices". My tablet is a BTV-W09 wifi only so I understand that I need that file, but when do I flash it? Do i flash it instead of LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2022-05-14.zip??
Im quite confused, thank you for your help!

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello,
Its been a long time since I last flashed a phone/tablet. I've read the OP and I have a doubt:
Under downloads there is a file "only for wifi devices". My tablet is a BTV-W09 wifi only so I understand that I need that file, but when do I flash it? Do i flash it instead of LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2022-05-14.zip??
Im quite confused, thank you for your help!
Yes, install the .zip archive and after that you should install the fix for BTV-W09 wifi .

terry_mccann

May 3, 2009
I had a few runins over the months with the creator's behaviour which I still find weird but I really have to say, the ROM works great, gave my M3 a second life. Quicker than stock, less batterie drain and all in all running very good.

Only two flaws:

- camera not working, which is common knowledge and not important fpr my use
- as with stock, no Netflix- and Disney+-HD streaming possible because it is still Widevine Level 3. Is this a hardware thing or can this be corrected by Software I ask myself?

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I had a few runins over the months with the creator's behaviour which I still find weird but I really have to say, the ROM works great, gave my M3 a second life. Quicker than stock, less batterie drain and all in all running very good.

Only two flaws:

- camera not working, which is common knowledge and not important fpr my use
- as with stock, no Netflix- and Disney+-HD streaming possible because it is still Widevine Level 3. Is this a hardware thing or can this be corrected by Software I ask myself?
If you need camera working you should switch to LOS 15.1 as it's working there !
Yes, our device it's Widevine Level 3 - so we can't do anything here .

Thank you for the understanding !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New Update LOS 17.1 !

Hi !

There is a new update of LOS 17.1 for our devices !

Changelog:
  • update security patch level : October 5, 2022

Downloads :
Screenshot:

Screenshot-20221015-171050-Settings.png

Last edited:

diantama

Jan 2, 2014
Excuse me,How will I upgrade from my EMUI 5.0 Android 7 to Los17.1 Is this the process?: 1:EMUI5 > los17.1 Or 2:EMUI5 > los16 >los17.1 I want an upgrade plan. Thank you.😃

I also waiting the answer of this question.
Im on Android 7 EMUI 5.0.4 with twrp_BTV-W09_5_greatslon and really interest to upgrade this old device

I was trying using TWRP 3.3.1.1 but it seems little problem that it cannot read internal storage (show 0MB)

Need advice, thank you

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I also waiting the answer of this question.
Im on Android 7 EMUI 5.0.4 with twrp_BTV-W09_5_greatslon and really interest to upgrade this old device

I was trying using TWRP 3.3.1.1 but it seems little problem that it cannot read internal storage (show 0MB)

Need advice, thank you
All it's working here without any issues if you can read and understand the installation instructions from TWRP and also for LOS ! Your issue will be fixed after data format into TWRP, that's why there are installation instructions, to be read and followed step by step

diantama

Jan 2, 2014
All it's working here without any issues if you can read and understand the installation instructions from TWRP and also for LOS ! Your issue will be fixed after data format into TWRP, that's why there are installation instructions, to be read and followed step by step
Thanks

Maybe i skip detail instruction:

* flash TWRP 3.3.1.0
* format data
* reboot into twrp
* copy LOS 17.1
* install
* reboot system

And I'm getting bootloop
What i missed

Now im trying to rollback and unlucky i was failed

Using IDT and hold on chinese ROM with EMUI 2 :cry:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi surdu, how did you cook?
    also will the source be open, i think i could make the camera work ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2022-05-21
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png