• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 18/06/2021]

Search This thread

MattP410

Oct 11, 2017
Texas
Huawei Mediapad M3
HTC U11
You're right, I went a step beyond what he was talking about. If the permissions aren't showing up or available in settings, for whatever reason, then you can try to set them via adb. If they are not actively being blocked you may succeed and you may not. It doesn't take too long to find out.
Yeah, I follow what you're saying. As always I appreciate your wisdom and experience. But if my other device shows no permissions requested, yet works fine with the app, is it worth investigating? If so, how do I go about it with adb using the command you shared? I just have no clue what permission it could be missing...thanks again, man. You've always been a huge help to me on here.

Yeah, I follow what you're saying. As always I appreciate your wisdom and experience. But if my other device shows no permissions requested, yet works fine with the app, is it worth investigating? If so, how do I go about it with adb using the command you shared? I just have no clue what permission it could be missing...thanks again, man. You've always been a huge help to me on here.
This is a world of customization that revolves around work-arounds and other select methods to make things work as well as possible. One device has nothing to do with another when it comes to functionality of an app. Whether it's worth investigating totally depends on you and what you want. Nobody can answer that for you.

I don't know what permissions it asks for from manifest. I use Advanced Tools Pro for an easy way to look at manifest and other info for installed apps. Not sure, but I think free version allows access also.

You can always run a logcat and study it to see what permissions are being requested, granted and denied.

Reactions: MattP410

MattP410

Oct 11, 2017
Texas
Huawei Mediapad M3
HTC U11
This is a world of customization that revolves around work-arounds and other select methods to make things work as well as possible. One device has nothing to do with another when it comes to functionality of an app. Whether it's worth investigating totally depends on you and what you want. Nobody can answer that for you.

I don't know what permissions it asks for from manifest. I use Advanced Tools Pro for an easy way to look at manifest and other info for installed apps. Not sure, but I think free version allows access also.

You can always run a logcat and study it to see what permissions are being requested, granted and denied.
Okay well thanks again, bro. I'll see if I can investigate further. Worst case scenario is I'm stuck with an older version of YouTube Vanced. I apologize if I came off sideways. I meant no disrespect. Thank you so much for your time, and for your responses.

Okay well thanks again, bro. I'll see if I can investigate further. Worst case scenario is I'm stuck with an older version of YouTube Vanced. I apologize if I came off sideways. I meant no disrespect. Thank you so much for your time, and for your responses.
I got nothing sideways or disrespectful from that. You may need to work on your bad attitude, it didn't come thru for you. HAHA no prob and later. I believe I'm going to go get numb now.

NeoXTC

Dec 13, 2007
Brisbane
Sorry haven't checked this in awhile. It should be allowed storage permission and in advanced, should be allowed "installed unknown apps"

allow that and it worked for me. I'm using vanced manager. Have installed magisk/root as well.

Let me know how u went

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

Restarting working on LOS 17.1 and now we can play any games like on LOS 15.1 !

I want also to fix camera in order to skip any new update to LOS 15.1 and all users to move to LOS 17.1 !

Also the next challenge is to move to LOS 18.1 Android 11 in a few months :)

EDIT:
Also AnTuTu Benchmark v8.4.5 it's working without any issues now !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, Surdu! Are you going to be able to keep updating this ROM? thanks, jf
    Yes, sure ... there is no reason from my part to not continue the update for LOS 15.1 & LOS 17.1 !

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, at the moment I have poor internet connectivity at home due to some worked to modernize the internet infrastructure, and starting with September, everything will return to normal !

That's why the last updates of LOS 15.1 & 17.1 were improperly uploaded to hosting sites limited to one month ... all this will be changed with the next updates, updates which will start again regularly from september this year !

Thank you very much for patience !
    yes coming from LOS 15.1 and made a clean install....
    installed now with nano gapps

netflix not showing in playstore after registering the device for google services ...

tried magisk hideprops and spoofed the FP of the huawei mate 20pro... safety net passed but with evaltype basic....

any workaround to receive netflix in HD?
    I've edited mine to the Mate 20 Pro and Netflix showed up in the play store. Did you activate the MagiskHide option from the settings? It didn't work for me too, but when I turned that option on and made a reboot it worked.
    may i ask you what version of m3 you using?
    i'm using u.s. wifi version,maybe bluetooth module is different.
    i'm thinking flash different version of stock firmware first,and then try your build
    BTV-DL09 - it's LTE european version !
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :
    • dianlujitao - helped me to boot on Android 10 !
    • Luk1337 - helped me to fix TWRP for Pie/Q !
    • XePeleato - for his fix/hack of FPS !
    • phhusson - for his awesome work on treble implementations !

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2021-06-18
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png
    New Update Of LineageOS 17.1 !

Hi !

I just updated the OP with a new build of LOS 17.1 for our device Beethoven .

Changelog:
    • security patch updated to : January 5, 2021
    • kernel updated to 4.4.249
    • fixed facebook, instagram opening issues from previous version

Screenshot-20210121-161731-Settings.png

Thank you for your attention !