[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 18/06/2021]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
    As a test of compatibility and speed, I generally run Geekbench 5 after each new ROM version installation. Today's run went fine, 348 Single Core, 1281 Multi Core which is pretty consistent with past performances.

Reactions: surdu_petru
    Jun 30, 2020
    BTV-L0J, Dirty flash not boot, but I was easily able to recover it.

The method​

Back up the data with TWRP.
    Wipe Dalvik cache, Cache, Data, System, and Vendor.
    Flash the latest ROM and Gapps. And boot system.
    Go to the home screen without internet connection and without logging in to Google.
    Restore the Data with TWRP.

For Magisk users

Back up your data with TWRP.
    Wipe the Dalvik cache, Cache, Data, System, and Vendor.
    Flash the latest ROM and Gapps. And flash Magisk.zip, boot system.
    Go to the home screen without connecting to the Internet and without logging in to Google.
    Install Magisk.apk. If you used Xposed, install it too.
    Restore the Data with TWRP.

Finish. No need to register your Device.

Joelintw

Jul 9, 2019
    connected to BT earphone and always crash, google play always pop up "Device is not Play Protect certified", rolled back to 15.1, btw, I did clean flash, wipe all data and did factory reset.

Bata272

Apr 10, 2020
    SHA1(LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-05-13.zip)= 80a5bf359f7ed5de29f2e026f44c41e4251aeaed

MD5(LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-05-13.zip)= add47684c78dd71671d3b26740eaa581

Hello Surdu_petru,

i am an owner of the Media Pad 8.4 BTV-W09 - Android 7 Stock ROM. I am very happy to see, that it is possible to update these to Android 10 (LOS 17.1) . My Tablet is not rootet - and i dont know how can i easly flash it to your new ROM 17.1 . Can you tould me a smart , easy instruction - so step by step ? I have already found your Rom from Version "LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-03-19" . is it the latest ? Also i have tried to unlock my Tablet with the DCUnlocker2 - but there is no way to find my Pad automaticly.

For many years i flashed my Samsung handy with help from this board, but now i am searching for a step by step instruction. Thanks a lot,

Oliver

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hello Surdu_petru,

i am an owner of the Media Pad 8.4 BTV-W09 - Android 7 Stock ROM. I am very happy to see, that it is possible to update these to Android 10 (LOS 17.1) . My Tablet is not rootet - and i dont know how can i easly flash it to your new ROM 17.1 . Can you tould me a smart , easy instruction - so step by step ? I have already found your Rom from Version "LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2021-03-19" . is it the latest ? Also i have tried to unlock my Tablet with the DCUnlocker2 - but there is no way to find my Pad automaticly.

For many years i flashed my Samsung handy with help from this board, but now i am searching for a step by step instruction. Thanks a lot,

Oliver
    Please, take a look here, thanks !

ralawa

Jun 15, 2007
    Strasbourg
    Hello !

Thank you Surdu,

This release is excellent. Vanced Manager works well again. Reddit videos seem to work again. I also had an issue with Arte application which didn't show thumbails. It works now.

I don't know yet if I still have issue with Wifi which sometimes disconnects for unknown reason. I didn't have this issue with the stock ROM.

Now, I will try to change the battery to increase again my tablet lifetime.

Thank you again Surdu.

xw0lf

Feb 2, 2007
    what things still not work, besides camera?
    Is it even possible to make the camera work or should we just forget camera when it comes to android 10 on this tablet?

Moldavia

• Dec 20, 2014
    @surdu_petru Did you build the rom? I'm trying to get into rom building but i just don't get it. How did anyone get a real personal customized rom when they just hit 4 buttons and wait until the "building process" is done? I mean how can anyone customize a rom in that way? Am i just dumb? :O

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    what things still not work, besides camera?
    Is it even possible to make the camera work or should we just forget camera when it comes to android 10 on this tablet?
    Please believe me I got bored and tired every time I tried to fix the camera on Android 10 ... somehow I'm very close to find a fix but always I have the same issue ... "media.camera" not started , also "dumpsys | grep 'media.camera' return only "media.camera.proxy" and not the both services ( 'media.camera' & 'media.camera.proxy' ) as would have been normal ...for moment we can forget camera on Android 10 as I have no clue how I can fix this issue !

Reactions: xw0lf

Moldavia

• Dec 20, 2014
    Please believe me I got bored and tired every time I tried to fix the camera on Android 10 ... somehow I'm very close to find a fix but always I have the same issue ... "media.camera" not started , also "dumpsys | grep 'media.camera' return only "media.camera.proxy" and not the both services ( 'media.camera' & 'media.camera.proxy' ) as would have been normal ...for moment we can forget camera on Android 10 as I have no clue how I can fix this issue !
    btv:/ # dumpsys | grep 'media.camera'
    media.camera
    media.camera.proxy
    Can't find service: gsiservice
    Can't find service: idmap
    DUMP OF SERVICE media.camera:
    --------- 0.001s was the duration of dumpsys media.camera, ending at: 2021-05-17 15:51:04
    DUMP OF SERVICE media.camera.proxy:
    --------- 0.001s was the duration of dumpsys media.camera.proxy, ending at: 2021-05-17 15:51:04

Could this help you?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    btv:/ # dumpsys | grep 'media.camera'
    media.camera
    media.camera.proxy
    Can't find service: gsiservice
    Can't find service: idmap
    DUMP OF SERVICE media.camera:
    --------- 0.001s was the duration of dumpsys media.camera, ending at: 2021-05-17 15:51:04
    DUMP OF SERVICE media.camera.proxy:
    --------- 0.001s was the duration of dumpsys media.camera.proxy, ending at: 2021-05-17 15:51:04

Could this help you?
    You take this dumpsys from LOS 15.1 where camera it's working, right ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi !

In a few days I'll release a new update with some improvements & fixes :

- new security patch
      - new kernel up to date 4.4.268
      - fix screenrecorder
      -fix High touch sensitivity
      New Update of LOS 17.1 !

As I promised a few days ago, I'm back today with a new update of LOS 17.1 for our Beethoven device !

Like always, please check OP for downloads.

Changelog :
      • new security patch : June 5, 2021
      • new kernel updated to 4.4.268
      • screenrecorder working now
      • fixed : High touch sensitivity

Screenshot-20210618-203829-Settings.png
      Thank you bro. I hope you will update this rom 😁😁😁
      Yes, I'll update for a few years 😊
      I've been having a problem of Chrome freezing frequently since March or April. Once it freezes, it can be released by going to the home screen.

This problem is not resolved in the latest build and also occurs even after re-installing Chrome.

This problem also occurs in Chromium browsers such as Vivaldi, but not Firefox, so I suspect that the problem is not caused by the ROM, but by Webview.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
      Chrome I rarely use it but I do use Brave and I haven't noticed any usage problems. I think Brave is also built on Chromium.
      I will flash the latest ROM tomorrow, and I'm using the previous version right now. Chrome still stops when I'm browsing, so I have a plan below.

1: Dirtyflash and use Chrome for checking. If it doesn't stop, OK.

2: If it does stop, I'll install it from scratch.

Anyway, thank you for the update!
      Yes, dirty flash over previously update and I have 0 issues !
      Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
      Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
      • Touchscreen
      • Sensors
      • Lights
      • Audio
      • Video
      • Bluetooth
      • WiFi
      • GPS
      • 4G/data connectivity
      • Fingerprint sensor
      • Internal/External Storage
      • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
      • Off-mode Charging
      • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
      • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
      • Camera
      • USB tethering
      • Encryption
      • SELinux disabled !
      • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
      • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
      • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
      • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
      • Flash the latest build available
      • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
      • Reboot

Downloads :

Credits :
      • dianlujitao - helped me to boot on Android 10 !
      • Luk1337 - helped me to fix TWRP for Pie/Q !
      • XePeleato - for his fix/hack of FPS !
      • phhusson - for his awesome work on treble implementations !

Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
      Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
      Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
      Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
      Stable

Created : 2020-12-06
      Last Updated : 2021-06-18
      New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
      • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
      • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
      • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
      • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
      • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
      First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
      • Format data & wipe all into twrp
      • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
      • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
      Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
      • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
      • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
      Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
      Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
      Hello !

Changelog:
      • new security patch : May 5, 2021
      • minor kernel updates & fixes
      • fixes some graphics composer issues
      • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png
      New Update Of LineageOS 17.1 !

Hi !

I just updated the OP with a new build of LOS 17.1 for our device Beethoven .

Changelog:
      • security patch updated to : January 5, 2021
      • kernel updated to 4.4.249
      • fixed facebook, instagram opening issues from previous version

Screenshot-20210121-161731-Settings.png

Thank you for your attention !