[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][ Update 2023-10-15 ]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
and again after some hours the same behaviour. The Playstore tells me, "the device is not certified for play protect".
Screenshot above. because I used a different GApps version, could it be a problem with the latest LOS Version?
if you think that your problem is from the last update, then you can try to install an older version & sign here into your Google account and then update ( dirty flash will be enough )

Thank you very much for your donation!

Last edited:

S8_Phone_Fan

Jun 25, 2022
a dirty flash back to the last Version produces a very buggy device. Because I was singed into playstore before I start the installation, the device came up again signed it. When I press the playstore button, the result is the same (still not certified).
Now I install the backup which was created before the dirty flash [done].

Maybe I try it a third time from the scratch, get a new Android ID, read it out of the device and switch it OFF.
Now go to google and register it, leave the device 3 days off and check again.
I don't have any other idea ;-(

Sep 14, 2010
Charleston, Sc
a dirty flash back to the last Version produces a very buggy device. Because I was singed into playstore before I start the installation, the device came up again signed it. When I press the playstore button, the result is the same (still not certified).

Maybe I try it a third time from the scratch, get a new Android ID, read it out of the device and switch it OFF.
I have the same exact issue but it seems you can still push apps from the web. Updating doesn't seem possible without uninstalling then reinstalling. I've tried several fixes as well to no avail. My device is correctly registered with Google Play and I do not get any warnings, however I simply cannot get past the Play Store error.

rapandroid

Mar 3, 2023
Hello everybody. I have tried to install LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25 but I think that I have bricked my Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4 BTV-W09.
It was with Android 7 and EMUI 5 and the bootloader was unlocked by dc-unlock. After I installed the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 and until there everything went well.
After I downloaded LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25.zip and I copied it to the micro SD card and I installed it using the TWRP but I think that it didn´t work. Before installing LineageOS I have performed advanced wipe everything except sdcard and internal storage.
I rebooted the tablet but it doesn't start with this new operative system.
After this it went to the Huawei eRecovery screen but I neither can't to restore the system in this way.
IMG_3915.jpg
IMG_3916.jpg
IMG_3917.jpg
IMG_3918.jpg
IMG_3919.jpg
IMG_3920.jpg

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello everybody. I have tried to install LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25 but I think that I have bricked my Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4 BTV-W09.
It was with Android 7 and EMUI 5 and the bootloader was unlocked by dc-unlock. After I installed the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 and until there everything went well.
After I downloaded LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25.zip and I copied it to the micro SD card and I installed it using the TWRP but I think that it didn´t work. Before installing LineageOS I have performed advanced wipe everything except sdcard and internal storage.
I rebooted the tablet but it doesn't start with this new operative system.
After this it went to the Huawei eRecovery screen but I neither can't to restore the system in this way.View attachment 5852941View attachment 5852943View attachment 5852933View attachment 5852935View attachment 5852937View attachment 5852939
Please, if you try to install LOS for the first time, format data under TWRP it's mandatory !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris

yes, it seems you didn't understand me correctly... see what I wanted to say (in more detail) :

go to TWRP and format the data, reboot the device in TWRP, wipe everything under advanced wipe ( apart internal storage and microSD ) .... install an older LOS where you had no problems with registration in the PlayStore, install the Gapps package ... reboot to System .... try to register at PlayStore, following the steps I described in the post above .... later you can update your device to the last available version of LOS only through dirty flash ( does not require any wipe before to flash LOS ... just wipe cache & dalvik after LOS was installed ... also you don 't need to flash once again Gapps )

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I also did it and tried everything but there is no way

Failed to mount '/data'

You have this error into TWRP because /data wasn't formated properly, or maybe you didn't restart your device after /data was formated .... you can ignore the rest of the errors, they do not affect the installation process in any way...

it is also mandatory to install the boot image required for your device, because you have a WiFi tablet and not one with 4G/LTE
Try again, I'm sure you missed something, otherwise it would have gone without problems as it works correctly on absolutely all devices!

EDIT : I think you made a mistake: wipe /data does not mean the same thing as formatting /data

Last edited:

rapandroid

Mar 3, 2023
You have this error into TWRP because /data wasn't formated properly, or maybe you didn't restart your device after /data was formated .... you can ignore the rest of the errors, they do not affect the installation process in any way...

it is also mandatory to install the boot image required for your device, because you have a WiFi tablet and not one with 4G/LTE
Try again, I'm sure you missed something, otherwise it would have gone without problems as it works correctly on absolutely all devices!

EDIT : I think you made a mistake: wipe /data does not mean the same thing as formatting /data
I understand. So, I am going to wipe all data except sdcard and internal storage, after I will format data. After I will install boot wifi image and to finish I will install the LOS. These are the steps that I have to follow correct? Thanks in advance for you help.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I understand. So, I am going to wipe all data except sdcard and internal storage, after I will format data. After I will install boot wifi image and to finish I will install the LOS. These are the steps that I have to follow correct? Thanks in advance for you help.
Firstly you should format data then reboot device again to TWRP, wipe all, install LOS and the last thing you should do it to install boot.img for your device . if you did these steps in a different order, it is normal to have issues.

Reactions: rapandroid

rapandroid

Mar 3, 2023
Firstly you should format data then reboot device again to TWRP, wipe all, install LOS and the last thing you should do it to install boot.img for your device . if you did these steps in a different order, it is normal to have issues.
I have followed the steps exactly as you have said but I get this error installing LOS.
F16A2193-2896-4CF4-8C61-2258F07327D6.jpeg

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I have followed the steps exactly as you have said but I get this error installing LOS. View attachment 5853393
it is normal to have errors as long as you are not paying attention to what you are doing... if you look more carefully there are two versions of LOS, one for the System partition of 2Gb and one for 5Gb... now I leave it to you to document yourself reading the old posts where you will find out which version of LOS you need ... in the future try to be more attentive to what you read and what you do on your device ... otherwise you will only have problems that are strictly due to you

rapandroid

Mar 3, 2023
it is normal to have errors as long as you are not paying attention to what you are doing... if you look more carefully there are two versions of LOS, one for the System partition of 2Gb and one for 5Gb... now I leave it to you to document yourself reading the old posts where you will find out which version of LOS you need ... in the future try to be more attentive to what you read and what you do on your device ... otherwise you will only have problems that are strictly due to you
I know that the problems are my fault and that is why I am asking help. I guessed that my tablet was system partition of 2gb and I tried to install this version. Also I have tried to install the 5gb version but I got the same failure. Thank you for your time and help.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I know that the problems are my fault and that is why I am asking help. I guessed that my tablet was system partition of 2gb and I tried to install this version. Also I have tried to install the 5gb version but I got the same failure. Thank you for your time and help.
If you didn't modified stock system partitions which has 2Gb you should flash LOS appropriately otherwise flash LOS for 5Gb System partition. I suggest you to try once again from scratch, this time following the steps in order that I told you in the post above, and flash LOS appropriately to 2Gb System and finally flash required boo.img for your device, good luck!

S8_Phone_Fan

Jun 25, 2022
I did the first install this way: (2GB BTV-DL09)

boot into TWRP
wipe > format data > yes
there is a message, the device should be rebooted to use the /data partition (because of the old encryption)
choose reboot into recovery > another message came up, TWRP is not installed (maybe because of formating /data), comfirm to install it before rebooting
device came up freshly rebooted into recovery
advanced wipe > apart Internal storage & Micro SD card
back to install, choose the Image & gapps pico or an older 2020 nano version (with add more zips)
if its installed > Wipe "cache / dalvic"
Reboot ... it takes some time to boot into system
The device comes up beeping and complaining its not certified > read out Android ID and register it in your Google account.
Wait some time (you don't need to add your Google account in the device) and you will see an upgrade of the playstore app. Beeping will disappear > add your google account in the device and install apps.
Hope that it will work 24h later ;-)

you need to install the boot.img for the Wifi only Version, don't care about the /3rdmodem error. this is ok

S8_Phone_Fan

Jun 25, 2022
I have the same exact issue but it seems you can still push apps from the web. Updating doesn't seem possible without uninstalling then reinstalling. I've tried several fixes as well to no avail. My device is correctly registered with Google Play and I do not get any warnings, however I simply cannot get past the Play Store error.
thats interessting, so I am not the only one with this behaviour ;-(
Which LOS version you installed - was it the "New Update February 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25" or an older one?
Which GApps version you use? Have you tried it with Magisk?

There is a easy way to keep your Apps up date date:
install the "aurora app store" and log in with Google Account. Then you see all you installed apps and can update them.
You can update Chrome, Youtube .... too but you can't use them, because of cerfification problems

Last edited:

S8_Phone_Fan

Jun 25, 2022
yes, it seems you didn't understand me correctly... see what I wanted to say (in more detail) :

go to TWRP and format the data, reboot the device in TWRP, wipe everything under advanced wipe ( apart internal storage and microSD ) .... install an older LOS where you had no problems with registration in the PlayStore, install the Gapps package ... reboot to System .... try to register at PlayStore, following the steps I described in the post above .... later you can update your device to the last available version of LOS only through dirty flash ( does not require any wipe before to flash LOS ... just wipe cache & dalvik after LOS was installed ... also you don 't need to flash once again Gapps )
Thats the way I did it the second time ;-) Formating /data will generate a new Android ID.

Because this not Cwertified Issue is not in LOS 15 & 16 - maybe something needs to be changed in the LOS 17 Image?
I opened a case at google for this, but don't think they could help me

rapandroid

Mar 3, 2023
If you didn't modified stock system partitions which has 2Gb you should flash LOS appropriately otherwise flash LOS for 5Gb System partition. I suggest you to try once again from scratch, this time following the steps in order that I told you in the post above, and flash LOS appropriately to 2Gb System and finally flash required boo.img for your device, good luck!
I have tried once again from scratch with 2gb system following all the steps but again I get the same error.
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7.

I don’t know what I can do to restore my tablet. May be I will use it like a paperweight 😂😂😂
DFFDE29A-1C0A-4DD0-8CED-089F8836EE87.jpeg

Sep 14, 2010
Charleston, Sc
thats interessting, so I am not the only one with this behaviour ;-(
Which LOS version you installed - was it the "New Update February 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-02-25" or an older one?
Which GApps version you use? Have you tried it with Magisk?

There is a easy way to keep your Apps up date date:
install the "aurora app store" and log in with Google Account. Then you see all you installed apps and can update them.
You can update Chrome, Youtube .... too but you can't use them, because of cerfification problems
Yeah I'm on the latest Lineage 17.1 with pico GApps and Magisk root. I think I'll give Aurora App Store a try. Not having Youtube kind of sucks but I use Brave browser so I can live without Chrome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

What's Working :
    • Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP/OTG
    • Off-mode Charging
    • DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware )
    • Hardware Video Decoder

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.3.1-1 ( needed for Android Pie/Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • if you are installing LOS for the first time, you must format the data under TWRP and reboot device again to TWRP
    • Perform a clean wipe for the first install
    • starting with 14/05/2022 you can increase the system partition to 5GB from here
    • Flash the latest build available
    • optional flash ( always the last available packages ) GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    • Final release - October 2023 : LineageOS-17.1-BTV_2023-10-15
    • GApps : recommended : ARM64, Android 10 ( nano or pico for devices with 2GB of System Partition )

Credits :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshot-20201224-144915-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-145010-Settings.png

Screenshot-20201224-144836-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_btv

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Stable

Dev nformation :
    Closed

Created : 2020-12-06
    Last Updated : 2023-10-15
    Hello !

Let the good news come ... finally, after long delays, I also managed to get back in step with reality ;)

My internet connection problem has been fixed today by successfully connecting to fiber ... so starting in January next year, monthly software updates will be available here as I used to in the past !
    New Build LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ( Beethoven )

Changelog :

• fixed hardware video decoder
    • fixed an issue from previous update where applications cannot upload/download/share content
    • youtub fixed along with 1080p 60fps
    • antutu ( gpu test ) fixed
    • enabled Doze - Night Light (On/Off) under Settings - Display !
    • the build was switched to a mix of GSI in order to bring camera functionality in the future updates

Downloads :

Installations :
    First time installing this build ?

• Unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.3.1-1
    • Format data & wipe all into twrp
    • Install this build of LOS 17.1 & also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img only if your device is BTW-W09
    • Install Gapps (optional) & register your device in order to activate PlayStore !
    Update your device running LineageOS 17.1 :
    • Install this new build of LOS 17.1 ( via twrp ) & wipe cache/dalvik before to reboot to system !
    • users of BTV-W09 devices must install also boot_w09_2021-01-28.img

This new release it's not yet fully working like I wanted to be , indeed it's better like before ... but there are still a lot of stuff to be fixed !
    Apart from the known issues, the issue of loading some games are still here - I'll hope to find a fix in the future updates.

Please, like always post your feedback - I'm especially interested if something that was working well in the previous version now goes worse or not working at all !

Thank you very much for your attention !

Screenshot-20210128-201527-Media-Codec-Query.png
    Great news for today build !

I just managed to enable Hardware Video Decoders based on Huawei Codecs for LineageOS 17.1 Android Q !

Video in format 1080p 60fps are working flawless after this fix.

All the new goodies will be added on the next update !
    Hello !

There is a new Update Of LOS 17.1 into OP !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • minor kernel updates & fixes
    • fixes some graphics composer issues
    • version stable enough for daily use

Screenshot-20210513-110815-Settings.png