[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei P9 Lite & Honor 5c ][ Update 2023-08-12 ]

Search This thread

Lady Newbie

Jul 22, 2021
Hi, thank you for the work you are doing, I wanted to ask you if you will release a new version that will make the camera work soon, before this change I cannot update my mobile, I need the camera but, at the same time, I do not see the now to be able to change the operating system because it is now too old: will this possibility come? Thank you

tom358

Jul 21, 2021
On my honor 5c f-droid crashes when updating the official repo. I tried updating from other repos (like microg) and it works fine. I tried flashing the rom again but it didn't fix the problem. Does anyone known why it crashes or have any idea on how to solve it ?

tom358

Jul 21, 2021
Also, does anyone know how to install (easily?) microg? I didn't quite understand the nanodroid documentation.

tom358

Jul 21, 2021
I think it's a memory problem (I only have 2 gb of ram). NewPipe also crashes a few seconds after starting to play a video

HeXp_R

Jul 31, 2021
I downloaded the latest version of the rom, everything you said works, except the sound, the sound in general does not work. I hope you can offer me a solution, because the rom is good in stability in general, I am also waiting for the patch for the operation of the camera. The rom is a very good job, keep it up, waiting for the September update.

Phantom Thief

Apr 24, 2017
OnePlus 6T
I downloaded the latest version of the rom, everything you said works, except the sound, the sound in general does not work. I hope you can offer me a solution, because the rom is good in stability in general, I am also waiting for the patch for the operation of the camera. The rom is a very good job, keep it up, waiting for the September update.

download the stock rom of your phone, get the PRODUCT.IMG file and flash it on twrp

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Please, what device do you have ? I'll take a look about sound issues.

The new update will be here at the end of September or maybe sooner but I can't garantie ( for a sooner release )

a7243618x

Oct 3, 2016
Why? An update is planned?
Does another custom rom work fully?
Update is planned but camera won't be working. It's just imposible.
For me this rom is laggy (2GB version, still good job porting android 10).
AOSP 8.1 is quite fast but have many problems (bluetooth, GSM)
I think Elite ROM v7.7 is really stable and faster than stock.

Logcates

May 20, 2021
Huawei P9 Lite
@a7243618x
The best rom for VNS-L21 is Resurrection Remix (RR-N-v5.8.5-20180105-hi6250-Meticulus)
This rom is the fastest and most reliable for this 2GB phone.
There are faster roms of course, but they 're not as reliable as RR.
And the configuration allowed to this rom, are endless.
The only problem with this rom, is the camera focus,
but this is the same for all custom roms for this phone, at least for me.

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

Unfortunately the modernization works of the internet line in the property where I live have not been completed, as such the internet provider cannot connect me to the fiber yet ... a few good months have already passed since the works started, I have no idea what's going so hard, so I'm impatient too! Anyway, I'll keep you updated as soon as I switch to fiber, because this custom ROM deserves to be updated.

ScanX

Jun 30, 2015
When you are waiting for something. Bring the boys a case of beer. That makes friends. ;):D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei P9 Lite & Honor 5c, Kirin 650 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: All Huawei P9 Lite (VENUS) & Honor 5c (NEMO)

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Android Q is based on a new updated Kernel Linux version 4.4.252

What's Working :

• Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Notification Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP
    • Offline Charging
    • DRM enabled ( only Level L3 )
    • High touch sensitivity
    • Hardware Video Decoder including YouTube 1080p60fps
    • Hardware Composer
    • Support the both /data format as ext4 or f2fs !
    • Magisk supported !

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • USB-OTG
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !
    • If you have SIM issues, please check the second post !

Known Bugs :
    • Bluetooth sometimes disconnects
    • Some applications need to set permissions manually
    • Some applications cannot save data/content to external storage, to fix this - the application must be moved to external storage
    • the radio signal indicator it's not scaling at all
    • I hope to fix these bugs in future updates

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.2.3-1 ( needed for Android Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.2.3-1
    • Format data in order to decrypt your device
    • Reboot device to Recovery in order to be able to use data
    • Optionally you can format data as f2fs ( you need to reboot again the device into recovery in order to be able to use data as f2fs )
    • Perform a clean wipe ( Wipe all from Advanced Wipe apart Micro SD card & Internal Storage )
    • Starting with 15/05/2022 you need to resize system partition to 4GB in order to use this ROM , please check this HOWTO !
    • The final update also comes for those who have not modified the system partition !
    • Copy LOS ROM on your device
    • Flash the LOS ROM
    • Optionally flash GAPPS ( always the last available packages ) - ( to avoid any issues it's recommended to flash nano or micro )
    • Wipe cache & dalvik
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

Downloads :

Credits :
    • dianlujitao - helped me to boot on Android 10 !
    • Luk1337 - helped me to fix TWRP for Q !
    • XePeleato - for his fix/hack of Fingerprint sensor !

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210504-184238-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20210504-184227-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20210504-184247-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20210504-184339-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210504-184420-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_vns

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Beta

Project Status :
    Stopped !

Created : 2021-06-21
    Last Update : 2023-08-12
    I'm aware. Just suggesting if it is possible, since you own the sources for your LOS 14.1.
    The sources code for LOS 14.1 have nothing to do with source code of LOS 17.1 and also they not running in the same kernel. For moment there's no way to fix 📷 on LOS 17.1, so for all wich need camera 📷, they can use stock EMUI or LOS 14.1 . Thanks for understanding ❤️
    New Update Of LOS 17.1 For Venus & Nemo Devices !

Hello !

I just released a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, please check OP for downloads, thanks !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : June 5, 2021
    • new kernel updated to 4.4.268
    • fixed FPS for Honor 5c ( Nemo ) devices
    • fixed SIM issues from some Venus & Nemo devices

Screenshot-20210621-211539-Settings.png

Please, make a clean install of this update to avoid any issues with older version .... and starting with the next update you'll be ok to perform a dirty flash over this update !
    Hi !

Unfortunately the modernization works of the internet line in the property where I live have not been completed, as such the internet provider cannot connect me to the fiber yet ... a few good months have already passed since the works started, I have no idea what's going so hard, so I'm impatient too! Anyway, I'll keep you updated as soon as I switch to fiber, because this custom ROM deserves to be updated.
    New Update LOS 17.1 For Venus & Nemo devices !

Right now I've added a new update of LOS 17.1 into OP .

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • fixed SIM issues on Honor 5c devices ( not tested - need confirmations )
    • fixed Fingerprint sensor on Honor 5c ( not tested - need confirmations )
    • fixed some graphics issues and now we can play Games !
    • screen recorder fixed ( must be enabled into Developer options )
    • ussd code should be fixed now, thanks to DarkJoker360
    • added some properties for 2GB RAM devices to make it more smoothly
    • fixed some audio codecs not been loaded
    You can darty flash from previously update of LOS 17.1 !

Screenshot-20210523-215251-Settings.png