[ROM][10.0][ LineageOS 17.1 - For Huawei P9 Lite & Honor 5c ][ Update 2023-08-12 ]

Search This thread

FUNimations

Dec 5, 2018
Zip verification fails.
Flashing without verification does give the lineage loader, but then turns to black screen. No launcher.
The volume buttons do show the volmue popup, same for the power button, i do get the options to shutdown, reboot. After a short while the device reboots. Again the lineage logo, then black screen. Bootloop.

During flashing, i do see the message digest file missing. Don't now if it's related.

Iv'e went into trwp again, try and grab the /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0 files. But the pstore folder was empty.

Another thing i initially encountered was that i was unable to wipe the data folder.
From what i researched, changing the storage format to ext2 and then back to ext4 would help.
And sure enough, after i didn't get the wipe errors.

The bootloop happened before the wipe error and after fixing.

Any advice?
The p9 lite venus VNS_L31 is for me an old device i still had lying around. Would be nice to give it new life.

FUNimations

Dec 5, 2018
Just a heads up, i figured out my problem (partially).
I had my sd card formatted in a special manner. There where some commands i found at some point to format the sd as internal storage for a huawei. Which can't officially be done.
I figured, let's take out the sd card, and sure enough, the device boots now.

VeiiTM

Jun 2, 2021
Austria
Amazing work as always @surdu_petru :)
I followed it but wanted to contribute a bit
Thinking specifically about this post

My & likely many people's issue here, is the lack of camera support
Soo let me change this.

Since quite a bit, i've been using Android 8.1.0 , an alpha version released by Haky86 for couple of HiSilicon devices [it wasn't ment for the VNS]
Funnily he seems to have figured out quite a few issues ~ just with little exceptions.
Luckily on the same progress as the old screenshot you shared for LOS15
Screenshot_20210602-081231.png

Before i jump over to Android 10,
~ Which files can i share you , so you can backport / copy ~ and add camera support for us ?
This is a collection of mirror uploads from the ROM that has cam support,
but i'll keep it running till you tell me if you need anything from /ROOT to copy working functionality
aosp_hi6250-8.1.0-OC-20200129-Haky86.zip

Google CAMv2 API (forgot the name) seems to work ~ patches
Same as Huawei P10 Camera patches and so on
Only Video has framerate issues but i remember it worked. Cam is perfectly fine

Again, great work
~ hope we can combine research to make this as daily runnable, as possible ! :)
* sadly no good HiSilicon Kernels beyond Nougat

VeiiTM

Jun 2, 2021
Austria
If I remember right, on this ROM the SDcard is not working.
Would be great if the camera could be ported from there. :)
It does work for me, i daily it since January, 2020
Only magisk was a bit buggy and no kernel passes SE enforcing

Was focused at first on rewriting the partition-table, for Treble support
But i lack the knowledge. Was trying to get GSI to work on it

The only downside on HiSilicon, is the lack of good kernels :(
EliteMursa had great nougat kernels, but they dont work anymore
Many devs left this quite potent "media player" device :p
Meanwhile the honor rebrand and the P8 lite got full Treble support. Sad

This project here makes high hopes :)
Oh and device-fingerprint + DRM was broken on the clean Haky port
Backside fingerprint-unlock works

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
@VeiiTM - camera it's working on 8.1 but only on Nougat kernel based 4.1.18 .... on my updated kernel 4.4.xxx the camera will not working, as we need the new camera kernel drivers . Yes I already have the new camera kernel drivers for Oreo VENUS compatible, but unfortunately Huawei did not released the new VENUS camera blobs for Oreo !

New kernel based 4.4.xxx means no issue on Hardware video decoder and also no issue on Hardware composer ... that's why LOS 17.1 it's running as smoot as stock EMUI without any glitch or anything else like this !

Also, there will be not possible to boot on LOS 17.1 if we want to keep the older kernel 4.1.18 - just because Android 10 will not boot without Hardware composer enabled and properly implemented !

For the moment I gave up the camera in favor of a newer operating system ( LOS 17.1 vs LOS 15.1 ) with proper implementation of hwcomposer & hardware video decoder - which LOS 15.1 doesn't have them .... and let's not forget the most important part, a new kernel newer and updated until December 2020 - which makes the old device practically a new one !

The next Update of LOS 17.1 will bring the new kernel up to date 4.4.268 - something which can't be possible with the older 4.1.18 !

To Summarize: you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of the two possibilities:
- Android Oreo ( LOS 15.1, based on older kernel 4.1.18 without any new security patches) and without video decoder & hardware composer but with the working camera OR
- Android 10 ( LOS 17.1, based on the new kernel 4.4.xxx ) without working camera but with hardware composer & video decoder properly working !

AnotyClaws

Dec 4, 2020
Looking forward to see how this turns out! I can gladly help since I got a spare P9 lite with an unlocked bootloader.

ScanX

Jun 30, 2015
With pleasure!
I hope that others will honor your commitment too. After all, buying a new device costs much more. :)

Reactions: surdu_petru

Bilal Islam12

Dec 23, 2017
Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei P9 Lite & Honor 5c, Kirin 650 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: All Huawei P9 Lite (VENUS) & Honor 5c (NEMO)

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Android Q is based on a new updated Kernel Linux version 4.4.252

What's Working :

• Touchscreen
  • Sensors
  • Lights
  • Notification Lights
  • Audio
  • Video
  • Bluetooth
  • WiFi
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • 4G/data connectivity
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • Internal/External Storage
  • USB/ADB/MTP
  • Offline Charging
  • DRM enabled ( only Level L3 )
  • High touch sensitivity
  • Hardware Video Decoder including YouTube 1080p60fps
  • Hardware Composer
  • Support the both /data format as ext4 or f2fs !
  • Magisk supported !

What's Not Working :
  • Camera
  • USB tethering
  • USB-OTG
  • Encryption
  • SELinux disabled !
  • there could be also others minor issues !
  • If you have SIM issues, please check the second post !

Known Bugs :
  • Bluetooth sometimes disconnects
  • Some applications need to set permissions manually
  • Some applications cannot save data/content to external storage, to fix this - the application must be moved to external storage
  • the radio signal indicator it's not scaling at all
  • I hope to fix these bugs in future updates

Instructions :
  • Install the new TWRP 3.2.3-1 ( needed for Android Q )
  • Reboot to TWRP 3.2.3-1
  • Format data in order to decrypt your device
  • Reboot device to Recovery in order to be able to use data
  • Optionally you can format data as f2fs ( you need to reboot again the device into recovery in order to be able to use data as f2fs )
  • Perform a clean wipe ( Wipe all from Advanced Wipe apart Micro SD card & Internal Storage )
  • Copy LOS ROM on your device
  • Flash the LOS ROM
  • Optionally flash GAPPS ( always the last available packages ) - ( to avoid any issues it's recommended to flash nano or micro )
  • Wipe cache & dalvik
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

Downloads :

Credits :
  • dianlujitao - helped me to boot on Android 10 !
  • Luk1337 - helped me to fix TWRP for Q !
  • XePeleato - for his fix/hack of Fingerprint sensor !
  • phhusson - for his awesome work on treble implementations !

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210504-184238-Trebuchet.png
Screenshot-20210504-184227-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20210504-184247-Trebuchet.png
Screenshot-20210504-184339-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210504-184420-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_vns

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
Beta

Project Status :
Working In Progress

Created : 2021-05-23
Can you upload the rom on other platform or site cause this one take too long time to download.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Can you upload the rom on other platform or site cause this one take too long time to download.
Unfortunately I don't have a good connectivity at this moment, the operator provider downgrade me to ADSL for a few months due to some work , but maybe someone else can help you, and I put the new link to the OP . Thank you very much for understanding !

Reactions: Guderian

Bilal Islam12

Dec 23, 2017
All users with SIM issues must to provide the necessary INFO in order to try to fix them !

Please ignore "Single SIM" from the link above, and regardless of the SIM issue you have I'm waiting for you with all three files via PM - and I'll try to help you as soon as possible, thanks !
So I'm already installed the ROM its amazing work you done.
I'm having Sim issue does it requires me to go back to stock ROM and provide you these needed files.
In last camera annoys me, does it possible this ROM can be make stable in future.
Amazing and great work you done which is not possible by other devs and Tweaker's.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
So I'm already installed the ROM its amazing work you done.
I'm having Sim issue does it requires me to go back to stock ROM and provide you these needed files.
In last camera annoys me, does it possible this ROM can be make stable in future.
Amazing and great work you done which is not possible by other devs and Tweaker's.
Please, send me first this content from LOS 17.1 :

adb root
adb shell
cat proc/cmdline

Thanks !

Reactions: Guderian

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
New Update Of LOS 17.1 For Venus & Nemo Devices !

Hello !

I just released a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, please check OP for downloads, thanks !

Changelog:
  • new security patch : June 5, 2021
  • new kernel updated to 4.4.268
  • fixed FPS for Honor 5c ( Nemo ) devices
  • fixed SIM issues from some Venus & Nemo devices

Screenshot-20210621-211539-Settings.png

Please, make a clean install of this update to avoid any issues with older version .... and starting with the next update you'll be ok to perform a dirty flash over this update !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

Android 10 is coming on your Huawei P9 Lite & Honor 5c, Kirin 650 SoC with the LineageOS 17.1 !

Devices Supported: All Huawei P9 Lite (VENUS) & Honor 5c (NEMO)

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Android Q is based on a new updated Kernel Linux version 4.4.252

What's Working :

• Touchscreen
    • Sensors
    • Lights
    • Notification Lights
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • 4G/data connectivity
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • Internal/External Storage
    • USB/ADB/MTP
    • Offline Charging
    • DRM enabled ( only Level L3 )
    • High touch sensitivity
    • Hardware Video Decoder including YouTube 1080p60fps
    • Hardware Composer
    • Support the both /data format as ext4 or f2fs !
    • Magisk supported !

What's Not Working :
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • USB-OTG
    • Encryption
    • SELinux disabled !
    • there could be also others minor issues !
    • If you have SIM issues, please check the second post !

Known Bugs :
    • Bluetooth sometimes disconnects
    • Some applications need to set permissions manually
    • Some applications cannot save data/content to external storage, to fix this - the application must be moved to external storage
    • the radio signal indicator it's not scaling at all
    • I hope to fix these bugs in future updates

Instructions :
    • Install the new TWRP 3.2.3-1 ( needed for Android Q )
    • Reboot to TWRP 3.2.3-1
    • Format data in order to decrypt your device
    • Reboot device to Recovery in order to be able to use data
    • Optionally you can format data as f2fs ( you need to reboot again the device into recovery in order to be able to use data as f2fs )
    • Perform a clean wipe ( Wipe all from Advanced Wipe apart Micro SD card & Internal Storage )
    • Starting with 15/05/2022 you need to resize system partition to 4GB in order to use this ROM , please check this HOWTO !
    • The final update also comes for those who have not modified the system partition !
    • Copy LOS ROM on your device
    • Flash the LOS ROM
    • Optionally flash GAPPS ( always the last available packages ) - ( to avoid any issues it's recommended to flash nano or micro )
    • Wipe cache & dalvik
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

Downloads :

Credits :
    • dianlujitao - helped me to boot on Android 10 !
    • Luk1337 - helped me to fix TWRP for Q !
    • XePeleato - for his fix/hack of Fingerprint sensor !

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210504-184238-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20210504-184227-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20210504-184247-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20210504-184339-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210504-184420-Settings.png

DEV: Information

Contributors :

surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation : paypal.me/petrusurdu1
    Kernel Source Code: android_kernel_huawei_vns

ROM OS Version: LineageOS 17.1 - Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android 7 (Nougat) - EMUI 5.x
    Based On: AOSP Android 10

Version Information :
    Beta

Project Status :
    Stopped !

Created : 2021-06-21
    Last Update : 2023-08-12
    I'm aware. Just suggesting if it is possible, since you own the sources for your LOS 14.1.
    The sources code for LOS 14.1 have nothing to do with source code of LOS 17.1 and also they not running in the same kernel. For moment there's no way to fix 📷 on LOS 17.1, so for all wich need camera 📷, they can use stock EMUI or LOS 14.1 . Thanks for understanding ❤️
    New Update Of LOS 17.1 For Venus & Nemo Devices !

Hello !

I just released a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, please check OP for downloads, thanks !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : June 5, 2021
    • new kernel updated to 4.4.268
    • fixed FPS for Honor 5c ( Nemo ) devices
    • fixed SIM issues from some Venus & Nemo devices

Screenshot-20210621-211539-Settings.png

Please, make a clean install of this update to avoid any issues with older version .... and starting with the next update you'll be ok to perform a dirty flash over this update !
    Hi !

Unfortunately the modernization works of the internet line in the property where I live have not been completed, as such the internet provider cannot connect me to the fiber yet ... a few good months have already passed since the works started, I have no idea what's going so hard, so I'm impatient too! Anyway, I'll keep you updated as soon as I switch to fiber, because this custom ROM deserves to be updated.
    New Update LOS 17.1 For Venus & Nemo devices !

Right now I've added a new update of LOS 17.1 into OP .

Changelog:
    • new security patch : May 5, 2021
    • fixed SIM issues on Honor 5c devices ( not tested - need confirmations )
    • fixed Fingerprint sensor on Honor 5c ( not tested - need confirmations )
    • fixed some graphics issues and now we can play Games !
    • screen recorder fixed ( must be enabled into Developer options )
    • ussd code should be fixed now, thanks to DarkJoker360
    • added some properties for 2GB RAM devices to make it more smoothly
    • fixed some audio codecs not been loaded
    You can darty flash from previously update of LOS 17.1 !

Screenshot-20210523-215251-Settings.png