[ROM] [10.0] LineageOS 17.1 for merlin (Redmi Note 9/Redmi 10X 4G) [UNOFFICIAL]

gruka

Jun 18, 2013
I installed this rom on Note 9 Merlin Global 3GB 64Gb storage MT6768 helio but after finish installing Phone re loop boot on Lineage log ,even when i format data it comes on fully finish booting the restart re loop boot again. What could it be the problem?

where may i attach a 15mb video for you guys to see what is happening

ma259

Feb 21, 2014
Use this, worked for me

To Flash it:

Code:
If you use CMD:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

If you use PowerShell:
.\fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
.\fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Thanks! I will try that!

Anyone who donwloaded the last build (2021-02-06) who can upload it again??

gruka

Jun 18, 2013
Gentlemen can one advise me where i have gone wrong ,mine is Redmi note 9 Merlin Global version 3GB RAM 64GB storage MT6768 i have done all i could and am still failing phone still at boot re loop when i get the last stage of start, Am just thinking could it be because the imei is corrupt why am having this problem. Check attached pics labeled from 1 to 13 .Once i get to 13 phones re boot and starts re loop. I have also attached the text file before i messed it, Take a look at picture no 4 which says NVRAM WARNING : Err=0X10.I now need a proper guidance

Attachments

TheUnknownThing

Dec 2, 2013
Hey folks,

Nice work with the ROM, it's great to see progress being made on merlin, keep it up.

Just reporting a bug I came across with MTP and plugging the phone into a computer via USB. You can't change the data transfer type as all the options are greyed out.

- Device: Redmi Note 9 Global
- ROM Build: lineage-17.1-20210202-UN (couldn't download build #2)

Steps to replicate the issue:

1. Plug your phone into a computer or device that accepts file transfer
2. Pull down the notification drop-down and change the device connectivity type (by default it is charging)
3. When you go to change it to file transfer, the options are greyed out.

The workaround is to go into developer options and set the default USB behavior from "charging" to "file transfer".

Cheers

Communos

Oct 28, 2019
Paris
Gentlemen can one advise me where i have gone wrong ,mine is Redmi note 9 Merlin Global version 3GB RAM 64GB storage MT6768 i have done all i could and am still failing phone still at boot re loop when i get the last stage of start, Am just thinking could it be because the imei is corrupt why am having this problem. Check attached pics labeled from 1 to 13 .Once i get to 13 phones re boot and starts re loop. I have also attached the text file before i messed it, Take a look at picture no 4 which says NVRAM WARNING : Err=0X10.I now need a proper guidance
I believe your IMEI is corrupted, Could you flash stock and check if it's the same?
Also, please mention if your varient is NFC or Non NFC.

SparXFusion

Sep 20, 2017
Mumbai And Tamil Nadu
Hey folks,

Nice work with the ROM, it's great to see progress being made on merlin, keep it up.

Just reporting a bug I came across with MTP and plugging the phone into a computer via USB. You can't change the data transfer type as all the options are greyed out.

- Device: Redmi Note 9 Global
- ROM Build: lineage-17.1-20210202-UN (couldn't download build #2)

Steps to replicate the issue:

1. Plug your phone into a computer or device that accepts file transfer
2. Pull down the notification drop-down and change the device connectivity type (by default it is charging)
3. When you go to change it to file transfer, the options are greyed out.

The workaround is to go into developer options and set the default USB behavior from "charging" to "file transfer".

Cheers

Thanks for reporting it! to temporarily fix it, go to developer options, and change default usb action

SparXFusion

Sep 20, 2017
Mumbai And Tamil Nadu
  • Love
Reactions: riccardosimo

meruem56

Feb 21, 2021
New FINAL LineageOS 17.1 Update is up!

Download
: lineage-17.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Changelogs:

- This build is a followup build of previous lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip update
- Fixed all minor bugs

Also, Android 11 builds have been started up! huge thanks to @ud4 and @TheMalachite for helping me on Android 11 tree bringup :D

Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g-aosp-beta.4236913/
is the selinux status fix?

riccardosimo

Jun 9, 2013
Lecce
New FINAL LineageOS 17.1 Update is up!

Download
: lineage-17.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Changelogs:

- This build is a followup build of previous lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip update
- Fixed all minor bugs

Also, Android 11 builds have been started up! huge thanks to @ud4 and @TheMalachite for helping me on Android 11 tree bringup :D

Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g-aosp-beta.4236913/
Do you guys think that lineage os will officially support our merlin? :( And...if I install this release... will i be able to update to the lineage os's official release? Or will i need to do a clean flash again? :(

transmit-receive

Feb 23, 2021
Thank you for the excellent work. I installed it sucessfully on a 4/128 Redmi Note 9 Merlin:
- Unlock via MiUnlock
- Downgrade 12.0.5 to 12.0.3 Global ROM via MiFlash
- Install TRWP 3.4.1b-0606 (for RedMi 10x by by wzsx150)
- Wipe by format (data, cache, dalvik)
- Install LineageOS 17.1 20210209, Gapps via TWRP
- Install Magisk 21.4 via TWRP

Just one little thing: I could not get the Aux Cams to work with any GCam config. Would somebody please upload a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Stock Camera APK extracted from the stock ROM?

Camera app urgently needed :)

Reactions: KecHik445