[ROM] [10.0] LineageOS 17.1 for merlin (Redmi Note 9/Redmi 10X 4G) [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

gruka

Jun 18, 2013
I installed this rom on Note 9 Merlin Global 3GB 64Gb storage MT6768 helio but after finish installing Phone re loop boot on Lineage log ,even when i format data it comes on fully finish booting the restart re loop boot again. What could it be the problem?

where may i attach a 15mb video for you guys to see what is happening

ma259

Feb 21, 2014
Use this, worked for me

To Flash it:

Code:
If you use CMD:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

If you use PowerShell:
.\fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
.\fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks! I will try that!

Anyone who donwloaded the last build (2021-02-06) who can upload it again??

gruka

Jun 18, 2013
Gentlemen can one advise me where i have gone wrong ,mine is Redmi note 9 Merlin Global version 3GB RAM 64GB storage MT6768 i have done all i could and am still failing phone still at boot re loop when i get the last stage of start, Am just thinking could it be because the imei is corrupt why am having this problem. Check attached pics labeled from 1 to 13 .Once i get to 13 phones re boot and starts re loop. I have also attached the text file before i messed it, Take a look at picture no 4 which says NVRAM WARNING : Err=0X10.I now need a proper guidance

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 84
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 81
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 104
  • NOTE 9.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 23

dhawi13

Jan 8, 2021
tested : lineage-17.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

option USB : Disable : Not Working
work via Developer Option

TheUnknownThing

Dec 2, 2013
Hey folks,

Nice work with the ROM, it's great to see progress being made on merlin, keep it up.

Just reporting a bug I came across with MTP and plugging the phone into a computer via USB. You can't change the data transfer type as all the options are greyed out.

- Device: Redmi Note 9 Global
- ROM Build: lineage-17.1-20210202-UN (couldn't download build #2)

Steps to replicate the issue:

1. Plug your phone into a computer or device that accepts file transfer
2. Pull down the notification drop-down and change the device connectivity type (by default it is charging)
3. When you go to change it to file transfer, the options are greyed out.

The workaround is to go into developer options and set the default USB behavior from "charging" to "file transfer".

Cheers

Communos

Oct 28, 2019
Paris
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Google Pixel 3 XL
Gentlemen can one advise me where i have gone wrong ,mine is Redmi note 9 Merlin Global version 3GB RAM 64GB storage MT6768 i have done all i could and am still failing phone still at boot re loop when i get the last stage of start, Am just thinking could it be because the imei is corrupt why am having this problem. Check attached pics labeled from 1 to 13 .Once i get to 13 phones re boot and starts re loop. I have also attached the text file before i messed it, Take a look at picture no 4 which says NVRAM WARNING : Err=0X10.I now need a proper guidance
I believe your IMEI is corrupted, Could you flash stock and check if it's the same?
Also, please mention if your varient is NFC or Non NFC.

Hey folks,

Nice work with the ROM, it's great to see progress being made on merlin, keep it up.

Just reporting a bug I came across with MTP and plugging the phone into a computer via USB. You can't change the data transfer type as all the options are greyed out.

- Device: Redmi Note 9 Global
- ROM Build: lineage-17.1-20210202-UN (couldn't download build #2)

Steps to replicate the issue:

1. Plug your phone into a computer or device that accepts file transfer
2. Pull down the notification drop-down and change the device connectivity type (by default it is charging)
3. When you go to change it to file transfer, the options are greyed out.

The workaround is to go into developer options and set the default USB behavior from "charging" to "file transfer".

Cheers

Thanks for reporting it! to temporarily fix it, go to developer options, and change default usb action

• Love
Reactions: riccardosimo

meruem56

Feb 21, 2021
New FINAL LineageOS 17.1 Update is up!

Download
: lineage-17.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Changelogs:

- This build is a followup build of previous lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip update
- Fixed all minor bugs

Also, Android 11 builds have been started up! huge thanks to @ud4 and @TheMalachite for helping me on Android 11 tree bringup :D

Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g-aosp-beta.4236913/
is the selinux status fix?

riccardosimo

Jun 9, 2013
Lecce
New FINAL LineageOS 17.1 Update is up!

Download
: lineage-17.1-20210209-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Changelogs:

- This build is a followup build of previous lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip update
- Fixed all minor bugs

Also, Android 11 builds have been started up! huge thanks to @ud4 and @TheMalachite for helping me on Android 11 tree bringup :D

Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g-aosp-beta.4236913/

Do you guys think that lineage os will officially support our merlin? :( And...if I install this release... will i be able to update to the lineage os's official release? Or will i need to do a clean flash again? :(

transmit-receive

Feb 23, 2021
Thank you for the excellent work. I installed it sucessfully on a 4/128 Redmi Note 9 Merlin:
- Unlock via MiUnlock
- Downgrade 12.0.5 to 12.0.3 Global ROM via MiFlash
- Install TRWP 3.4.1b-0606 (for RedMi 10x by by wzsx150)
- Wipe by format (data, cache, dalvik)
- Install LineageOS 17.1 20210209, Gapps via TWRP
- Install Magisk 21.4 via TWRP

Just one little thing: I could not get the Aux Cams to work with any GCam config. Would somebody please upload a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Stock Camera APK extracted from the stock ROM?

Camera app urgently needed :)

Reactions: KecHik445

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EmPczMv.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What's working :
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • EGL
    • GPS
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi
    • MTP

Known issues/Bugs :
    • Double Tap to Wake
    • Brightness slider
    • Encryption
    • WiFi Calling
    • VoLTE
    • Selinux is permissive(Temporary. Will soon make it enforcing)
    • You tell me the rest:)
    Reporting Bugs
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed any root implementation
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless). Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Instructions
    • Have custom recovery installed
    • Download the latest LineageOS Build and GApps(Optional)
    • Wipe Data
    • Flash the ROM and GApps(Optional)
    • Enjoy the rom
    Downloads

#Build 1
    : lineage-17.1-20210202-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip
    #Build 2: lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Credits
    LineageOS team
    @Agent_fabulous for begonia trees as reference
    @ud4
    @ErdilS
    @TheMalachite
    @Pulkit Agarwal
    @KakatkarAkshay
    @M.A.P
    @henloboii
    @itexpert.120
    Also thanks to testers @Evan_Ferrao, Shears, Merlintz and Communos
    PM me if i missed anyone

Source Code
    ROM
    : https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device Tree: https://github.com/Redmi-MT6768/android_device_xiaomi_merlin
    Vendor Blobs: https://github.com/Redmi-MT6768/android_vendor_xiaomi_merlin
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Redmi-MT6768/android_kernel_xiaomi_mt6768
    I just downloaded the MIUI 12.0.3 fastboot rom. Before I flash it I want to know that does this recovery works with global miui?
    yes it works
    New Update for Merlin is up!

Download: lineage-17.1-20210206-UNOFFICIAL-merlin.zip

Changelogs:

- Fixed VoLTE (Note: in some carriers it may not work so add apn config according to your carrier) (thanks to @TheMalachite and @ZIDAN44 for helping me fix this :D)
    - Fixed Brightness bug
    - Fixed WiFi Calling (Testing needed, if you face any issue with wifi calling, send logs)
    - Used BT APTx Blobs for begonia
    - Fixed all major bugs
    not noob and yes pro gawd very very