[ROM][10.0] LineageOS 17.1 Official for Honor 5X

Jan 23, 2021
First post: * If you have a problem, do not ask if someone else has it.

That being said: your log doesn't capture anything beyond a few seconds of a system boot. I would need a log taken from as early as possible until the time where it crashes
I asked that because I was unsure about the correct logcat. My apologies ... Here is the new logcat.

Attachments

xmj

Feb 21, 2017
Great Rom!

But expanded desktop which is available in Pie has disappeared. Also there is no option to disable one of SIM cards. Where can i set the expanded desktop?

BadDaemon

Jan 11, 2014
Bavaria
is it possible to read QR Code with the camera ?
So I guess it is hard to open the camera app and see what options it has? Click on the switch Cam/Video and you will notice a third icon that might look familiar..

Where can i set the expanded desktop?
Nowhere. Feature wasn't working properly, nobody could fix it -> gone

Reactions: Johnny Wish

amarekw

Jan 27, 2021
Hi ALL
I install new version 17.1(earlier 16) and I noticed a problem with BlueTooth with connection to car radio. Version 16 works perfect. Actually version 17.1 paring properly, it is possible to make/receive a call, but nobody hear me and I don't hear. I found new permission "HD audio", earlier I do'not see it. When I disable this permission, service bluetooth crash. Please check how does it look like in your x5.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
@BadDaemon Well one of my banking app says its rooted. Though I am not. I am on stock LineageOs itself. Will Providing logs will help? It just don't open. I have mailed them about this. But some people in their forum are using magisk to hide this info on other ROMs. I don't want to flash crap magisk crap. Any word would be appreciated!

BadDaemon

Jan 11, 2014
Bavaria
Hi ALL
I install new version 17.1(earlier 16) and I noticed a problem with BlueTooth with connection to car radio. Version 16 works perfect. Actually version 17.1 paring properly, it is possible to make/receive a call, but nobody hear me and I don't hear. I found new permission "HD audio", earlier I do'not see it. When I disable this permission, service bluetooth crash. Please check how does it look like in your x5.
fixed in the next build

@BadDaemon Well one of my banking app says its rooted. Though I am not. I am on stock LineageOs itself. Will Providing logs will help? It just don't open. I have mailed them about this. But some people in their forum are using magisk to hide this info on other ROMs. I don't want to flash crap magisk crap. Any word would be appreciated!
they now check for a property ro.debuggable which is set for userdebug builds. it's required for adb root and we can't unset it. it's an issue on the banks' side we can't fix. need magisk hide i think, though i won't provide support for anyone using it. sorry

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
fixed in the next build

they now check for a property ro.debuggable which is set for userdebug builds. it's required for adb root and we can't unset it. it's an issue on the banks' side we can't fix. need magisk hide i think, though i won't provide support for anyone using it. sorry
Emm that would be sad. I am using Honor 5 as my main device. Because this sim can work without volte. I will ask to the app owners to mend it if possible.

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Any update for this issue? Every photo gallery app, even some file managers crash the phone.
I am not facing any such issue. You need to try again. Do a clean flash. I have downloaded a video and played with default gallery app and solid explorer. Probably you are using some specific bit rate video maybe high one. Narrow down your video bit rate and try different resolutions videos like 720 and 1080 ones too. I tried 720 one and it worked just fine.

Jan 23, 2021
I am not facing any such issue. You need to try again. Do a clean flash. I have downloaded a video and played with default gallery app and solid explorer. Probably you are using some specific bit rate video maybe high one. Narrow down your video bit rate and try different resolutions videos like 720 and 1080 ones too. I tried 720 one and it worked just fine.
Thank you @methuselah for replying. I always do the clean install but this time I wiped even the internal storage. But the problem persisted. I followed your instruction and found a folder consisting of video(s) causing this issue. I removed that and the issue was gone. The videos were taken from the default camera when using pie roms and working fine in those roms. I tested with some downloaded videos. They are working fine but sometimes crash the phone (like earlier) when played with default gallery. Earlier even the thumbnail was not loading but everything is working fine for now. I will test with some other videos for random crash and update it.
Thank you once again.

hadyeltawel

Aug 28, 2016
the rom is amazing thank for the great work but I want to active the root Permissions I tried to install su16 but not working and I can't find a su 17 on the official website witing for your rebly

BadDaemon

Jan 11, 2014
Bavaria
the rom is amazing thank for the great work but I want to active the root Permissions I tried to install su16 but not working and I can't find a su 17 on the official website witing for your rebly
There is no more rooting besides "adb root" available. If you need it, refer to external packages like Xposed oder Magisk. Just be aware that all the support for any bug that you might experience is your own problem then, you will neither get support in here (this thread, feel free to open an own one then) nor on the official infra.