[ROM] [10.0] LineageOS 17.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme)

Search This thread

dustroid33

Sep 29, 2017
upgrade from linege os 14.1

Thank you all for this thread!
I'm trying to go from lineage 14.1 to 17.1. I've followed the instructions, have tried formatting data and/or simple wipe first, have tried installing zip from sd card and sideload. I've also tried lineage 15.1 unofficial. I've tried flashing magisk right after or no magisk.
No matter what, I get stick in a bootloop, usually after a couple seconds of the lineage os boot animation.
Sometimes when I go to restart from TWRP it says "No OS installed"
Thankfully I'm able to restore my nandroid backup.

Any suggestions?

XDAGC

Dec 19, 2019
Thank you all for this thread!
I'm trying to go from lineage 14.1 to 17.1. I've followed the instructions, have tried formatting data and/or simple wipe first, have tried installing zip from sd card and sideload. I've also tried lineage 15.1 unofficial. I've tried flashing magisk right after or no magisk.
No matter what, I get stick in a bootloop, usually after a couple seconds of the lineage os boot animation.
Sometimes when I go to restart from TWRP it says "No OS installed"
Thankfully I'm able to restore my nandroid backup.

Any suggestions?
Hi, I tried to move from Lineageos 16 to 17. It didn't work. on the first page of this thread it's clearly specified that:
Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense. I did restore my Oreo Backup. then everything worked fine... Hope this helps.
Greetings

helelejh

Mar 2, 2019
"disable absolute volume" not working under bluetooth section in developer options.. did anyone manage to to force selected sample rate option like 44 or 48KHz?

dustroid33

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for pointing that out! I appreciate the help.
Do you think it will work to flash the oreo firmware from here using fastboot, then go straight into flashing lineage 17.1? I don't have an oreo backup.

Hi, I tried to move from Lineageos 16 to 17. It didn't work. on the first page of this thread it's clearly specified that:
Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense. I did restore my Oreo Backup. then everything worked fine... Hope this helps.
Greetings

raul16

Hi, I've clean installed last (0823) version with GApps nano , Magisk 21 (for GMS Doze) and all runs OK (!) - thanks' @fagyi for great work !
I've notice an battery drain due to wifi in standby and that all LOS apps (phone, agenda, messages) follow the system dark theme while LOS email (version 10) does not (!)
would appreciate any hints to improve or fix this, thanks'.

XDAGC

Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for pointing that out! I appreciate the help.
Do you think it will work to flash the oreo firmware from here using fastboot, then go straight into flashing lineage 17.1? I don't have an oreo backup.
As long that you use the right firmware. Check your CID. The CID from the firmware must be the same. look at the following link as how to get your current CID:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/how-to/guide-supercid-htc-10-t3374484

dustroid33

Sep 29, 2017
I greatly appreciate your help! Looks like my CID is 22222222, which is not listed on any of the firmware versions.
My phone is Verizon branded, unlocked by rootninja. Maybe they changed the CID? I never did.
Think I should change my CID, using the fastboot method in the link you provided, to match the Verizon model firmware? Then flash the firmware, then flash the lineage ROM? Or anything else you suggest to get me to LOS 17.1? Thanks again.

As long that you use the right firmware. Check your CID. The CID from the firmware must be the same. look at the following link as how to get your current CID:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-10/how-to/guide-supercid-htc-10-t3374484

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_125258.jpg
    IMG_20201027_125258.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 165

XDAGC

Dec 19, 2019
I greatly appreciate your help! Looks like my CID is 22222222, which is not listed on any of the firmware versions.
My phone is Verizon branded, unlocked by rootninja. Maybe they changed the CID? I never did.
Think I should change my CID, using the fastboot method in the link you provided, to match the Verizon model firmware? Then flash the firmware, then flash the lineage ROM? Or anything else you suggest to get me to LOS 17.1? Thanks again.
for my understanding you allready have a so called Super CID, that meens you are able to install any of the firmware. You have to choose one with Western language and modellid 2PS650000 the US unlocked should work in your case. Understand, I do not pretend to be certain, it's your choice to use anyone of these firmware.
greetings and good luck :)

Last edited:

khaninator

Sep 4, 2019
Hi Fagyi,

This rom seems stable enough now, so is it time to switch Selinux to enforcing?

Seems like that would go some way to helping security.

Thanks again for all your work on this. It's really appreciated.

Cheers!

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
My phone still has problems once in a while where someone calls and my phone doesn't ring. I called Tmobile and they said the IMS wasn't registered on the network. Could this be a problem with this rom, because I don't have problems when I was using LeeDrOiD. Not sure what IMS means. Restarting the phone and them disconnecting it form the network solves the problem that it seems to reoccur often.

Digiboog

Mar 18, 2016
Abuja
LG Nexus 5X
HTC 10
Might be a radio mismatch, try flashing the radio for Tmobile and see if it continues.

My phone still has problems once in a while where someone calls and my phone doesn't ring. I called Tmobile and they said the IMS wasn't registered on the network. Could this be a problem with this rom, because I don't have problems when I was using LeeDrOiD. Not sure what IMS means. Restarting the phone and them disconnecting it form the network solves the problem that it seems to reoccur often.

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Might be a radio mismatch, try flashing the radio for Tmobile and see if it continues.
Works fine in LeeDroid, so if I flash LeeDroid won't I get that radio? Or does flashing Fagyi's LineageOS put a different radio? I'm mostly certain I've tried flashing a Tmobile radio at some point with no difference. Am I the only USA Tmobile user here?

minhajlk

Apr 14, 2011
Colombo
Motorola Atrix 2
Google Nexus 5
Works fine in LeeDroid, so if I flash LeeDroid won't I get that radio? Or does flashing Fagyi's LineageOS put a different radio? I'm mostly certain I've tried flashing a Tmobile radio at some point with no difference. Am I the only USA Tmobile user here?
I have a tmob but I am outside US, and I have the same problem and it is known. To get your radio and data, connect to a wifi and disconnect, and toggle your data and check if its connects to lte/4g, if it connects, that's it. You have to do this every time you reboot the device.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
I have a tmob but I am outside US, and I have the same problem and it is known. To get your radio and data, connect to a wifi and disconnect, and toggle your data and check if its connects to lte/4g, if it connects, that's it. You have to do this every time you reboot the device.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs
I've been battling this issue for over a year on this phone and I keep coming back to LeeDroid for stability. I don't get missed calls on LeeDroid, or outgoing calls that take 5 seconds to start calling. Bluetooth always connects to my cars stereo with LeeDroid, and my Wifi hotspot is also more stable and doesn't drain the battery on LeeDroid. I can make Wifi calls on LeeDroid and VOLTE works, which is important since T-Mobile will require it on January 2021. At least T-Mobile USA will.

As a T-Mobile USA user I maybe effected by the missed calls due to Fagyi roms but you all should be experiencing all the other issues I have. Fagyi roms are not for daily driving, and a lot of other roms on the HTC10 are based on Fagyi's work. It doesn't help that T-Mobile branded HTC10 phones don't get the Oreo update without S-OFF their phones, which is not free. No Oreo update means T-Mobile branded HTC10's can't use roms like Fagyi's.

So unless Fagyi or someone else fixes all the issues, I don't recommend these roms for daily driving. LeeDroid is the only truly functioning rom for the HTC10.

XDAGC

Dec 19, 2019
I've been battling this issue for over a year on this phone and I keep coming back to LeeDroid for stability. I don't get missed calls on LeeDroid, or outgoing calls that take 5 seconds to start calling. Bluetooth always connects to my cars stereo with LeeDroid, and my Wifi hotspot is also more stable and doesn't drain the battery on LeeDroid. I can make Wifi calls on LeeDroid and VOLTE works, which is important since T-Mobile will require it on January 2021. At least T-Mobile USA will.

As a T-Mobile USA user I maybe effected by the missed calls due to Fagyi roms but you all should be experiencing all the other issues I have. Fagyi roms are not for daily driving, and a lot of other roms on the HTC10 are based on Fagyi's work. It doesn't help that T-Mobile branded HTC10 phones don't get the Oreo update without S-OFF their phones, which is not free. No Oreo update means T-Mobile branded HTC10's can't use roms like Fagyi's.

So unless Fagyi or someone else fixes all the issues, I don't recommend these roms for daily driving. LeeDroid is the only truly functioning rom for the HTC10.
Hi there, I do not pretend to be an expert on all this, but I use this rom on a daily basis and have no problem at all. On the first page of this thread it's mentioned that you have to come from Oreo. If you have a branded phone, you should probably change your CID to one super CID to allow to flash an "unbranded" Stock Rom from then on everything should be fine.
greetings

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Hi there, I do not pretend to be an expert on all this, but I use this rom on a daily basis and have no problem at all. On the first page of this thread it's mentioned that you have to come from Oreo. If you have a branded phone, you should probably change your CID to one super CID to allow to flash an "unbranded" Stock Rom from then on everything should be fine.
greetings
Super CID requires S-OFF which means you need to pay $25 for Sunshine. Which I've done, just not to my HTC10. I've done it to my sisters HTC10. It doesn't solve any issues what so ever. I'm using an unbranded HTC10, so I shouldn't need to do anything with CID. I'm assuming that my missed call problems are related to me using T-Mobile USA, but the other issues shouldn't be. Do you hook up your phone to your car stereo through bluetooth? Do you use it often as a WiFi hotspot? Do you use VOLTE, and does your provider require it by January 2021? If you're not using these things then you won't see my problems.

Trust me when I say this but anything based on Fagyi's work is Alpha. Under known problems is says IMS - VOLTE doesn't work. I called T-Mobile the other day and they said my phone wasn't registering on the IMS. They will require it soon. Fix it.

Last edited:

XDAGC

Dec 19, 2019
Super CID requires S-OFF which means you need to pay $25 for Sunshine. Which I've done, just not to my HTC10. I've done it to my sisters HTC10. It doesn't solve any issues what so ever. I'm using an unbranded HTC10, so I shouldn't need to do anything with CID. I'm assuming that my missed call problems are related to me using T-Mobile USA, but the other issues shouldn't be. Do you hook up your phone to your car stereo through bluetooth? Do you use it often as a WiFi hotspot? Do you use VOLTE, and does your provider require it by January 2021? If you're not using these things then you won't see my problems.

Trust me when I say this but anything based on Fagyi's work is Alpha. Under known problems is says IMS - VOLTE doesn't work. I called T-Mobile the other day and they said my phone wasn't registering on the IMS. They will require it soon. Fix it.
I'm Sorry that you are frustatet about it. But this Room is given to you freely. If you don't like it, it's fine.
By the way I'm using Bluetooth with my car system, creating a hotspot for connection is also not a problem, and VOLTE is indeed still a problem.
Greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void. 
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Take a backup first from your actual system!
    1. Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense.
    2. If you are encrypted but running an AOSP ROM then you're fine. If you come from Sense, take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly. This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    3. If you are coming from any other ROM wiping /system & /data is strongly recommended
    4. Download the latest build and GApps (both links are below).
    5. Reboot to TWRP.
    6. Flash the latest build and magisk ( optional ) after make one reboot.
    7. When system is booted, reboot to TWRP and flash gapps
    8. Reboot and enjoy (as much as currently possible)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-17.1-20200510-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

GAPPS: OPENGApps

Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive ( will be fixed when the bugs are fixed )

Reporting bugs:

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred (please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing).
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg (do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot, a logcat after a reboot is useless).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits:
    1. LineageOS Team & Contributors
    2. Code Aurora Forum

Special thank you who send me donations: ( both AOSiP & LOS )
    - @The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle
    - @fantamadnesss
    - @_Sherrif
    - @Roocher
    - @scutworker
    - @synaesthesics
    - @MrN1484
    - @Galdrapiu
    - @Chucktr
    - @guest
    - @kdrkdr
    - @heyChristo

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [10.0] LineageOS 17.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme), ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    fagyi
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-10-01
    Last Updated 2020-05-10
    New build is uploaded:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962614120

Changelogs:

- Synced with upstream.
    - Okt. Sec updates
    - https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:merged

Device:

Verizon and sprint users ready to go ;)

https://github.com/Fagyi/android_device_htc_pme/commits/lineage-17.0

Vendor:

https://github.com/Fagyi/proprietary_vendor_htc/commits/test

Ims/volte updates reverted for now, because brake the sim. More work needed for this stack.

Ota already bumped on this release, so if you use this one you will get notication an romside update if I updating on the future.
    New build its uploaded:

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261603454

Changelogs:

- Upstream changes
    https://review.lineageos.org/q/status:merged

Device:

- fixed wifi direct not fully tested its find my tv and doesnt soft rebooted
    - overlay ckeanups
    - manifest cleanup - removed unused hals
    - poweroff alarm feature cleanups
    - BT audio fixes
    - disable ims services

Vendor:

- Removed ims stack for now
    Building the latest build with all upstream fixes from the last week. Also patched the FP so hopefully working after a reboot now.
    Hey @fagyi, just wanted to ask. Does LOS 17 have Wireguard support built in? Thanks.

Yes, on kernel side. Like on Los16.

Lot of updates coming soon. Vendor updates to Q and many device related changes for Q.

All errors fixed from logcat with new blobs + updates. Hopefully much better now.

Few more things i want updating before release the new build. Also few days and upstream merging that okt sec updates. ( Verizon and sprint support added also for the next build + ota feature )