[ROM][10.0][ LOS 17.1 - MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 ][ Update 19/03/2021 ]

Search This thread

ossizwei

Nov 15, 2014
Prohn
New Update Of LOS 17.1 !

I just uploaded a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, like always, please check OP for download link ...Thanks !

Changelog:
  • new security patch : February 5, 2021

Regards,
Did a dirty flash without any problems. Microg instead of google play service is still working. Thank you very much again for your great work.

Reactions: surdu_petru

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
I am having issues with installing this. My bootloader is unlocked, and then I install TWRP 3.2.0.0 and boot into it, but when I browse the file tree the folder `/storage` is empty, i.e. I can't access the internal storage. What is the reason for this?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I am having issues with installing this. My bootloader is unlocked, and then I install TWRP 3.2.0.0 and boot into it, but when I browse the file tree the folder `/storage` is empty, i.e. I can't access the internal storage. What is the reason for this?
Please, try to read and understand the installation instructions ! If something is unclear please ask here before to take any action on your device !

As I said before, TWRP was created just to install a custom ROM on your device, so it's practically unusable with stock EMUI !

Last edited:

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
Please, try to read and understand the installation instructions ! If something is unclear please ask here before to take any action on your device !

As I said before, TWRP was created just to install a custom ROM on your device, so it's practically unusable with stock EMUI !

You need to start realizing that your instructions are not perfect, I've seen many examples where your answer always is "read and understand the instructions" even though it's entirely possible to follow them and still not succeed. Okay so here we go:

1. install the New TWRP 3.3.1-3
2. plug USB cable to your Desktop/Laptop for copy files ( or add them to a external storage/microSD card )
3. go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset
4. copy LOS-17.1 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage
5. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file

I do step 1, seems to work okay, step 2 is fine, I have the files on the internal storage, step 3 seems to throw errors on wiping the /data folder. Step 4 also already in place. And then I cannot do step 5 because the internal /storage/emulated/0 path shows up empty in TWRP.

So where in your instruction have I gone wrong, and what is it you think that I have missed? I have said nothing about installing EMUI what so ever, I want to install LOS, but can't do it because I can't access the internal storage, do you understand the problem?

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
I now tried to install using ADB Sideload instead of copying the files to the internal storage which I can't seem to access. The installation of both LOS and gapps seem to finish successfully, but when I reboot the tablet I get the LOS loading widget (curved line with circle moving over it) for about 5 minutes, and then the tablet reboots back into TWRP. I did wipe dalvik after installation, before rebooting.

frankielin

Jun 14, 2020
For solve your problem, for first follow the instruction to install LOS 16 and then, after LOS 16 is installed in your device, install LOS 17.1 following the instruction write in the first post

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
For solve your problem, for first follow the instruction to install LOS 16 and then, after LOS 16 is installed in your device, install LOS 17.1 following the instruction write in the first post

No, still doesn't work...
My steps in short:
  1. Install TWRP 3.2.0.0
  2. Reboot twice so TWRP can wipe /data
  3. Install LOS 16.0 lineage-16.0-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip
  4. Install GApps micro
  5. Boot into android, log into google etc, full startup
  6. Install LOS 16.0 lineage-16.0-20191112-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip
  7. Reboot - seems to work except pixel launcher which seems to have a fix
  8. Go into fastboot mode again
  9. Install TWRP 3.3.1.3
  10. Boot into TWRP
  11. Wipe with Factory Reset
  12. Install LOS 17.0
  13. Install GApps micro
  14. Wipe dalvik cache
  15. Reboot
  16. After LOS loading screen tablet reboots into recovery, never into android
With LOS 16 I can actually boot the OS even if the Pixel Launcher keeps crashing, but LOS doesn't get past the loading screen.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
No, still doesn't work...
My steps in short:
  1. Install TWRP 3.2.0.0
  2. Reboot twice so TWRP can wipe /data
  3. Install LOS 16.0 lineage-16.0-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip
  4. Install GApps micro
  5. Boot into android, log into google etc, full startup
  6. Install LOS 16.0 lineage-16.0-20191112-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip
  7. Reboot - seems to work except pixel launcher which seems to have a fix
  8. Go into fastboot mode again
  9. Install TWRP 3.3.1.3
  10. Boot into TWRP
  11. Wipe with Factory Reset
  12. Install LOS 17.0
  13. Install GApps micro
  14. Wipe dalvik cache
  15. Reboot
  16. After LOS loading screen tablet reboots into recovery, never into android
With LOS 16 I can actually boot the OS even if the Pixel Launcher keeps crashing, but LOS doesn't get past the loading screen.

Ok, I guess that you are right, I just missed one step on Installation Instructions : ... OP was already updated with this step ! Thanks !

You need to flash LOS 17.1 from LOS 16.0 keeping the same TWRP 3.3.1-0, later you must update TWRP to 3.3.1-3 in order to be able to properly flash GApps for Android 10 !

Also you must to perform a full Clean install into TWRP 3.3.1-0 when you switch from LOS 16.0 to LOS 17.1 !

Good luck !

EDIT:
After updated TWRP from 3.3.1-0 to 3.3.1-3 you need also to Fix Data Partition Size , as described in TWRP 3.3.1-3 thread !

You need to start realizing that your instructions are not perfect, I've seen many examples where your answer always is "read and understand the instructions" even though it's entirely possible to follow them and still not succeed. Okay so here we go:

Never said are perfect, I thinking that are good enough to be able to switch from EMUI to LOS !
The problem here is that a new user must follow strictly and step by step the installation instructions from LOS and at the same time from TWRP ... as TWRP here must be updated later after the custom ROM was installed with the previously TWRP!

OK, even if my installation instruction are not good enough , I didn't see anyone to take a good decision and create a new Tutorial with Installation Instruction from A to Z when you come from stock EMUI to Android 10 ( LOS 17.1 ) - Here are only complains that my Instructions are not good and nobody take no action at all to make this properly !

I think this is the way to go, honestly I have no time to make this tutorial - but perhaps someone with a little free time and good will , will do this work as well !

Last edited:
Reactions: tensux

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
Never said are perfect, I thinking that are good enough to be able to switch from EMUI to LOS !
The problem here is that a new user must follow strictly and step by step the installation instructions from LOS and at the same time from TWRP ... as TWRP here must be updated later after the custom ROM was installed with the previously TWRP!

OK, even if my installation instruction are not good enough , I didn't see anyone to take a good decision and create a new Tutorial with Installation Instruction from A to Z when you come from stock EMUI to Android 10 ( LOS 17.1 ) - Here are only complains that my Instructions are not good and nobody take no action at all to make this properly !

I think this is the way to go, honestly I have no time to make this tutorial - but perhaps someone with a little free time and good will , will do this work as well !

There are huge chunks of information missing in the instructions, not just "a few steps", and some of the information is placed completely out of order, like the fact that you need to install LOS 16 first. I have never had this much trouble installing a ROM, which is essentially just because the information is incredibly hard to follow, spread across numerous threads, out of order, and missing essential steps. I think you fixed some of it by now.

I can understand that you don't have time to make a perfect instruction, but then again you are the person posting the release. If that is the case you need to stop just posting "read the instructions and follow them" and especially cut out stupid crap like "* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you." from your original post. One of the main problems with the guides you write is that the steps are not in order, you're writing things like "do step 1, 2, 3... oh by the way, after 1 you need to do X", this makes it very difficult to follow. I mention this just to give you an idea of how to improve if you do any future releases. I'm sure if you ask in the forum here you would get help to write the instructions and correct missing or faulty steps, but the attitude mentioned above doesn't exactly invite people to do that.

I finally got LOS 17 working with the extra steps you mentioned in your previous post, I didn't need to do the Fix Data Partition Size at all. Thanks for the help.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
There are huge chunks of information missing in the instructions, not just "a few steps", and some of the information is placed completely out of order, like the fact that you need to install LOS 16 first. I have never had this much trouble installing a ROM, which is essentially just because the information is incredibly hard to follow, spread across numerous threads, out of order, and missing essential steps. I think you fixed some of it by now.

I can understand that you don't have time to make a perfect instruction, but then again you are the person posting the release. If that is the case you need to stop just posting "read the instructions and follow them" and especially cut out stupid crap like "* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you." from your original post. One of the main problems with the guides you write is that the steps are not in order, you're writing things like "do step 1, 2, 3... oh by the way, after 1 you need to do X", this makes it very difficult to follow. I mention this just to give you an idea of how to improve if you do any future releases. I'm sure if you ask in the forum here you would get help to write the instructions and correct missing or faulty steps, but the attitude mentioned above doesn't exactly invite people to do that.

I finally got LOS 17 working with the extra steps you mentioned in your previous post, I didn't need to do the Fix Data Partition Size at all. Thanks for the help.

Yes, it's stated clearly into OP that you need LOS 16.0 in order to flash LOS 17.1.... but I think a lot of users don't read everything from A to Z.

ROM Firmware Required: LineageOS 16.0 Android Pie

Also "Fix Data Partition Size" needed only if you want to enable encryption on your device ... It's been quite a while since I've been used my device, maybe this step it's not really needed !

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are on LOS 17.1 !

TommySWE

Nov 16, 2015
Yes, it's stated clearly into OP that you need LOS 16.0 in order to flash LOS 17.1.... but I think a lot of users don't read everything from A to Z.

No that's right, you don't really expect the requirements, which should be a part of the instructions to be left outside the section containing the instructions and instead be moved all the way down, after screenshots and other stuff, as a footnote. The fact that you need LOS 16.0 installed is crucial information and should be either in the instructions or stated very clearly as requirements right next to the instructions. But by all means, keep writing your posts like you are doing now, you are just wasting your own time answering these questions, and clearly a lot of users time as well since the information is spread out all over the place, all of which could easily be avoided.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
No that's right, you don't really expect the requirements, which should be a part of the instructions to be left outside the section containing the instructions

Even if it's not expected, there is a lot of other threads from other devices which include requirements in this way, and not like a part of the installation instructions !

As there is nothing wrong on my Installation Instruction, for now I will leave them as they are, each new user must be properly informed in advance (and not superficially) and read as much as possible before moving to a Custom ROM, so it's not my fault in the end ...

And, YES, no one will stop you from making a new thread with your own instructions if you think they are not good enough !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
And still there is no warning about this in 1st message. We wrote about the need for such a warning many times.
Everyone has the duty to inform themselves as much as possible, before installing a Custom ROM !

EDIT:
There will be no warning in OP as you wish ... because this may be not entirely true !

For Your Knowledge : there are users who have successfully returned to stock ! You can only check this example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seph666 and tensux

ossizwei

Nov 15, 2014
Prohn
Author can't revert his device to stock and don't want add warning that this is almost impossible.

Facepalm.

My statement to all people crying about the situation, that they can't go back to stock rom easily and that there is no warning in OP.
Please don't put the blame on the developer.
1. You decided by yourself to make modifications to your device. Its in your responsibility to inform yourself about the difficulties.The time i changed to lineageOS 16 i read about the difficulties to go back to stock on Huawei devices (not only on our device). But i decided to unlock and flash twrp and lineage rom. Me no one else.
2. And yes, i bricked my device one time. It was not the developers fault, it was MY fault. After three days searching, even in different forums, i was happy to be able to boot in fastboot modus again. Since this time i be on LineageOS 17.1 and i'm happy about surdus work.
3. I read the introduktion an WARNINGS in twrp, Lineage 16 and 17.1 forums for our devices. There are enouph warnings to be careful. I hope, you read it too.
4. Please respect the developer's decision to describe what he wants to describe. This is a forum for installing Lineage 17.1, not the "Going back to stock" forum. For this you can open a new thread.

Last but not least. This is an development forum, means for people with a little bit experiance. In my country we say, not a "Kindergarten". It was not the developer who destroyed the "Lego-House", an he ist not the forum nanny for us.
But i'm very, very thankful that he helps where he can, an that often after short time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Update LOS 17.1

There is a new update of LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 for our device with the new security patch for : March 5, 2021 !

Downloads as attachment just below.
    ??? I'm not amused. Please stop whining.
    There are answers to your problem. One of them is in < https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-mediapad-m3-lite-8-10.3945684/post-79870674> . Surdu posted this link too !
    Please contact the member marciu for help. He had find a way back to stock. Maybe he will give you a step by step instruction.
    Or use the other easy way: contact Huawei service for help.
    I already started to ignore users who spams this thread !

Let them say what they want ( it does not bother me - as his post/posts was already ignored ) .... and if he violates XDA rules, than there is a legal way to report such posts by clicking the Report button !
    Silly insult.

If there is no working instruction for returning to native firmware then they need to write about it and not invent kilometer excuses.
    ??? I'm not amused. Please stop whining.
    There are answers to your problem. One of them is in < https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-mediapad-m3-lite-8-10.3945684/post-79870674> . Surdu posted this link too !
    Please contact the member marciu for help. He had find a way back to stock. Maybe he will give you a step by step instruction.
    Or use the other easy way: contact Huawei service for help.
    The initial stock ROM/EMUI it shipped with didn't, but one of the later OTA updates bumped it up to Level 1 certification.
    I already started to ignore users who spams this thread !
    Thanks for pointing this out, I will act on it in the future this way.
    Hello !

lineage-os-custom-rom.jpg

The new Android 10 is coming to your Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8940 with the new LineageOS 17.1 !

Please note that this ROM is one of my side projects, for which I could provide zero warranty. By installing this ROM, you acknowledge that you take all the risks that come with installing custom firmwares on your devices, including but not limited to bricking your device, losing your data, etc.

Warning !

Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Devices Supported:

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 :

BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 :
    CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

About LineageOS :

LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Downloads :

New Update 19/03/2021

Lineage-17.1-HuaweiMediaPadM3Lite_2021-02-14.zip

md5: 9462bad192620978baecc06c32bdb995

This ROM do not include GApps
    please use always the last available pack :

OpenGApps for Android 10 ARM64

Instructions :

0. LOS 17.1 must be installed via TWRP 3.3.1-0
    1. After device boot on LOS 17.1 you must to install the New TWRP 3.3.1-3
    ( TWRP 3.3.1-3 needed for flash GApps on LOS 17.1 )
    2. plug USB cable to your Desktop/Laptop for copy files ( or add them to a external storage/microSD card )
    3. go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset
    4. copy LOS-17.1 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage
    5. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file
    6. Add more Zips
    7. check GApps zip file
    8. Swipe to confirm Flash
    9. Wipe cache/dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe
    10. Reboot System
    11. Enjoy!

What's working :

* Touchscreen
    * Audio & Video
    * WIFI
    * BT
    * GPS
    * FPS
    * Lights
    * Sensors
    * Internal/External Storage
    * ADB/MTP & USB/OTG
    * RIL & data connection
    * Camera Video recording
    * Flip Cover
    * Encrypt device
    * SELinux Enforced

Not working :

* Photo Camera

* there could be also others minor issues !

Credits :

LineageOS Team

dianlujitao

LuK1337

Greg Kroah-Hartman for keep alive 3.18.y kernel !

Source Code :

device tree : android_device_huawei_bach Branch: ten!

kernel: android_kernel_huawei_bach Branch: ten !

Screenshots :

Screenshot-20191230-231929-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20191230-231808-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20191230-231908-Settings.png
    Screenshot-20191230-231850-Settings.png

Screenshot-20191230-231752-Trebuchet.png

Contributors
    surdu_petru
    Paypal Donation Email: [email protected]
    Source Code: https://github.com/Huawei-Dev?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: Android 10 / Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
    ROM Firmware Required: LineageOS 16.0 Android Pie
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-10-20
    Last Updated 2021-03-19
    Hi !

Today I released a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, please check OP for download link !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : December 5, 2020
    • fixed lock screen rotation

Thank you very much for your attention !
    New Update Of LOS 17.1 !

I just uploaded a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, like always, please check OP for download link ...Thanks !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : February 5, 2021

Regards,
    New Update Of LOS 17.1 !

Hi !

There is a new update of LOS 17.1 for our device, please check OP for download link !

Changelog:
    • new security patch : January 5, 2021

Thank you very much for your attention !
    New Update LOS 17.1

There is a new update of LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 for our device with the new security patch for : March 5, 2021 !

Downloads as attachment just below.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone