• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][marlin] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2020/12/22]

Search This thread

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4
Changelog:
Device Changes:
  • Switched to KingKernel
    • Fixed Random Reboot issue
    • Increased System Performance
    • Increased System Stability

Download from Pixel Experience website
Download via OTA Updater

Edit: Server for the build is up again! Everything worked well after it finally let me download it :)

Although my phone is unrooted and my kernel is the stock Pixel Experience kernel, I cannot download the OTA! :eek: I'll try installing it via flashing in TWRP. But I thought you should know about that problem :/

The OTA downloader app tells me "The download failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later."

But my internet connection is really stable (it's fiber glass internet) and every other app that requires internet works flawlessly :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-152350.png
    Screenshot_20200528-152350.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
Reactions: malikou

Help The Peace

Oct 19, 2014
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 4
Changelog:
Device Changes:
  • Switched to KingKernel
    • Fixed Random Reboot issue
    • Increased System Performance
    • Increased System Stability

Download via OTA Updater

That website navigates to sailfish, not Marlin^^

https://download.pixelexperience.org/Marlin This is the correct link :p

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

And can I install the Pixel Experience (Plus Edition) build over the normal Pixel Experience build?

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Quezon City
what kind of customization? same as pixel dust? or Evolution x? Thank you

It has some "Pixel" Customization like Advance Reboot, status bar, buttons, quick setting tiles. But doesn't offer Non-Pixel look & feel (like OnePlus Lock & Ambient Screen)

Edit: Server for the build is up again! Everything worked well after it finally let me download it :)

Although my phone is unrooted and my kernel is the stock Pixel Experience kernel, I cannot download the OTA! :eek: I'll try installing it via flashing in TWRP. But I thought you should know about that problem :/

The OTA downloader app tells me "The download failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later."

But my internet connection is really stable (it's fiber glass internet) and every other app that requires internet works flawlessly :(

I did also experienced that error. It's a server issue on the Pixel Experience server. If you happen to encounter this again, you can manually download the flash zip via the official website. Good thing they mirror the build to sourceforge.

And can I install the Pixel Experience (Plus Edition) build over the normal Pixel Experience build?
Yes, you can flash it on top. OR you can wipe the System & Dalvik/ART Cache (Not data) first & flash the Pixel Experience Plus.

_Axios_

Apr 2, 2018
I would like to say that the ROM is absolutely perfect and works flawlessly. Thanks a lot!
P.S. I can only hope that the ROM will be supported as long as possible.

Flipz77

Jul 15, 2014
Milan
I agree, the ROM seems to be perfect indeed! Just one issue though: I can't get Ok Google to work when the screen is off. The option is just not there. Works on Lineage official so I thought I'd point this out. Cheers for the great work! ✌️

Last edited:

_Axios_

Apr 2, 2018
Changelog:
Device Changes:
  • June Security Patch

Download via OTA Updater

I've just tried this update. Unfortunately, I had to revert back to the previous build, because I experienced 2 random reboots during one hour.

Update: I reinstalled the latest build from the full image through the twrp (not from the OTA updater) and now all is working without any flaws. I think that some error occurred when I installed the update through the OTA update system. Nevertheless, all seems to be normal now.

Last edited:

Oct 5, 2015
Wong Tai Sin District
Last edited:

Darkcast

Nov 30, 2010
Update failed Plus_marlin-10.0-20200712-1129

I downloaded the 8/15 update and it fails. I have deleted it and re downloaded it and it still fails

edwaine

Dec 19, 2013
Quezon City
Changelog:
  • August Security Patch
  • Animated Always On Display Transition

Download via OTA Updater

Just to special mention here, that the Pixel Experience Recovery for Marlin & Sailfish is also now available in the Pixel Experience Website!
FAQ:

Q: What's it based on?
A: LOS Recovery

Q: But what if I still want to use Magisk root?
A: Then you should use TWRP Recovery in order to flash Magisk

Q: Is this included in the Pixel Experience/Pixel Experience Plus Flash ZIP?
A: No, it is not included as this is an optional thing you could do. Or not. Your choice.

Again, thanks to @PixelBoot for porting this to Marlin & Sailfish!

Reactions: Help The Peace

mspant

May 7, 2012
Hello there,
i have very low wifi performance whenever i connect to 2.4Ghz, do you know why ?

Top Liked Posts