• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Wileyfox Swift

Search This thread

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
That's unfortunate, but MicroG still takes much less space that even GApps Pico (I haven't compared to be honest), so it still may be an acceptable solution (or workaround).
True. However, LineageOS for microg only builds for officially supported LineageOS devices by default.
A custom build would be required to include microg else.
And for having an official LineageOS for crackling, gapps need to work.

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
True. However, LineageOS for microg only builds for officially supported LineageOS devices by default.
I've been using MinMicroG (https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG_releases) to install MicroG on my devices for which there's no LineageOS for MicroG, with much success. :)

Alternatively, you may want to try /e/ OS from the /e/ Foundation (https://e.foundation/) that not only integrates MicroG, but also funds its development. :)

wowi63

Jul 8, 2017
Wileyfox Swift
Xiaomi Poco F1
Well, they have unofficial builds, e.g.
Code:
https://download.lineage.microg.org/gts210vewifi/

Reactions: breversa

wowi63

Jul 8, 2017
Wileyfox Swift
Xiaomi Poco F1
@ 115ek: Well, i would not know if i would not have the Tablet, which lost offical support of LOS. ;-)
The Developers from LineageOS for MicroG (LfM) just made new builds on 20210626 for crackling.
https://download.lineage.microg.org/crackling/

Take a look:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-for-microg.3700997/post-85261305

aveilleux: "Yesterday I noticed an updated build for star2lte on the microg downloads site, but no such build exists on the upstream LOS nor has its status changed from unsupported. (I'm currently on 2021-01-18, the last "supported" build from LOS on the MicroG site) I can't seem to find any information about this build elsewhere—no changelog, no references to it on XDA, nothing. Is this build legit?"

kurtn: "This build is untested, but probably OK. Main fault is naming. It should be "-UNOFFICIAL-microG-""

Greets,
wowi63

Thank you very much for supporting crackling!

ialokim

Aug 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just switched from a custom build of crDroid to LineageOS for microG 17.1 (Aug, 1st, 2021) and I'm quite impressed because the Swift runs much faster now.

I enabled adoptable storage using `adb sm set-force-adoptable true` and then formatted the entire card as internal on the phone - at least for me, it works like a charm.

However, I face the following two issues:
  • I cannot get a GPS fix at all. I already tried resetting the AGPS data using GPSTest, but I only get very spurious connections to single satellites at a time. This issue already exists since more than a year now and I suspect it to be hardware-related or probably due to some of the earlier custom ROMs that were installed. However, I did a clean install now, so not sure if previous ROMs could still have an effect? What else could I try to get the GPS working again?
  • When connecting headphones, the volume during calls (not the normal multimedia volume) is very high even at the lowest slider position. Is this something others are also experiencing with this phone or is it just me? Can someone recommend a fix for it?

Greets,
ialokim

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
I cannot get a GPS fix at all. I already tried resetting the AGPS data using GPSTest, but I only get very spurious connections to single satellites at a time. This issue already exists since more than a year now and I suspect it to be hardware-related or probably due to some of the earlier custom ROMs that were installed. However, I did a clean install now, so not sure if
Hello @ialokim

Regarding the satellite fix, here are some hints :
- I recommend using SatStat to check the status of you location : https://f-droid.org/packages/com.vonglasow.michael.satstat/
- You can also use NTPSync to make sure that you device's clock is right (important for GPS fix) : https://f-droid.org/fr/packages/org.ntpsync/
- Then, start SatStat, and lay your phone down outside, with a clear view of the sky (ideally no high buildings, no cliff/mountainside, no clouds) and let is acquire satellites data for 15 minutes (I believe 11 or 12 minutes is enough but take your time anyway).
- I use several MicroG NLP (Network Location Provider) backends to get network (= non-satellite) location : DéjàVu (https://f-droid.org/fr/packages/org.fitchfamily.android.dejavu/), MozillaNLP (https://f-droid.org/fr/packages/org.microg.nlp.backend.ichnaea), and GSMLocation NLPBackend (https://f-droid.org/fr/packages/org.gfd.gsmlocation/), though I can't confirm that combining them yields the best results (they do work fine for me though).

The Wileyfox Swift should be able to get positioning from the following satellite constellations :
- GPS (USA)
- GloNASS (Russia)
- and SBAS (Satellite-Based Augmentation System : https://blog.junipersys.com/how-does-sbas-improve-gps-free-sbas-coverage-map/)

It cannot benefit from the Beidou (China) nor Galileo (European Union) constellations.

As it names implies, AGPS only helps for the GPS constellation, not the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 115ek

ho/bo

Nov 14, 2011
Last time I tried it worked. But you're right - the available space on /system is very rare. I already made some "hacks" to free up some space. You could try to overcome this by installing an older pico gapps package from here which is smaller. It'll update itself if you connect to a wifi network anyway.
Another thing you could try is using FlameGapps. The final thing would be resizing the /system partition.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I can't reproduce it on my device.
And can someone give feedback for the latest testbuilds featuring userspace lmkd? I'd really appreciate it.
I had the same error with gapps (pico): Twrp error 70. I came from Lineage 16. I flashed the FlameGapps.
Thank you for your work!

Reactions: 115ek

Byteman3D

Mar 1, 2014
Istanbul
www.nezihkanbur.com
Hi everyone,

I found this custom ROM best amongst all I have used, It is sleek and fast, however I have a problem I need to ask.

I ve heard the complaint from others, too, both using stock ROM and using other brand phones.

While using the Smule Karaoke app, there is a distortion being heard from the speakers, only during recording, and the final recorded audio has cuts and glitches instead.
I've also heard of this problem from other users, happening in other sound recording apps, too.

I've sent a recording to Smule Support, but as there is no distortion in the recorded audio, they couldn't do anything at all.
Any recommendations I can try?

ho/bo

Nov 14, 2011
Hello there,
Todays update via OTA got me into a bootloop into recovery.
I reinstalled the previous and new version with Twrp and sideloaded. First time system booted, then bootloop again.
After that I installed the update plus flamegapps via Twrp and I got into the system again.
(I thought for a mere update I didn't need to install gapps.)
This was the first time I've had trouble with an OTA-update.

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
Now, I only tried this because it was a spare phone and I was prepared to risk bricking it completely, but it went like this:
Booted phone into TWRP (version 3.2.0.0, for the record) with a blank SD card installed, reformatted card as ext4 so I could dump large files onto it. Downloaded parted and mkfs.ext4, adb push'ed them into /sbin, then ran adb shell and chmod 755'ed /sbin/parted and /sbin/mkfs.ext4 so I could run them. Used "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" to print out the current partition table using "unit s" and "p" so I could take a note of the starting and ending sectors. For me, the system partition started on sector 724064, recovery on 3869792, and userdata on 4568064 ending on 30535646. Then this:
cd /data tar cvpf /sdcard1/data.tar . cd / umount /data umount /cache umount /sdcard dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 of=/sdcard1/system.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 of=/sdcard1/recovery.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 of=/sdcard1/odm.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 of=/sdcard1/persist.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 of=/sdcard1/cache.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 of=/sdcard1/frp.part bs=1k
So I now have partition 31 (/data) dumped to a tar file, and a raw dump of every other partition from 25 (/system) upwards - don't actually need a dump of /system itself but I took one for safety. Then I removed every partition from 25 upwards - at this point, incidentally, if it goes wrong, be it through typo or power loss, that's the ballgame:
parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 31 rm 30 rm 29 rm 28 rm 27 rm 26 rm 25
Worked out the new starting and ending sectors to make /system 50% larger, claiming the space from /data. I recreated partitions 25 to 31 - there's an unused gap between 27 (odm) and 28 (persist) which I preserved, not sure if that's necessary. Still within parted, that went like this, bearing in mind that these figures would only stand a chance of working if your partitions started on the same sectors as mine:
unit s mkpart 25 ext2 724064 5442655 name 25 system mkpart 26 5442656 5508191 name 26 recovery mkpart 27 5508192 5639263 name 27 odm mkpart 28 ext4 5767168 5832703 name 28 persist mkpart 29 ext4 5832704 6139903 name 29 cache mkpart 30 6139904 6140927 name 30 frp mkpart 31 ext4 6140928 30535646 name 31 userdata
I think parted might have been displaying a warning about the partition ID for each mkpart command - not sure, but it worked anyway. Then I quit out of parted. Next step was to resize the system partition and create ext4 filesystems for persist, cache and userdata:
e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p31
Then I restored the partition dumps:
dd if=/sdcard1/recovery.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/odm.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/persist.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/cache.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/frp.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 bs=1k mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /data cd /data tar xvpf /sdcard1/data.tar .
One reboot later, I was back in business with a larger system partition. 18.1 installed fine with MindTheGApps - at least once I'd flashed the proper Lineage recovery. (It was actually only after I went back to 17.1 later on that I restored /data from my backup.) Of course any use you make of this information is entirely at your own risk and I can provide no assistance with recovering borked phones etc. etc. :D
I was thinking of doing this now I've worked out exactly what's happening . The only problem I have is that I can't work out how to get parted onto android. I have the package on my pc but I can't see how to install it on android. Pushing just the parted command wouldn't work, surely?

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
I was thinking of doing this now I've worked out exactly what's happening . The only problem I have is that I can't work out how to get parted onto android. I have the package on my pc but I can't see how to install it on android. Pushing just the parted command wouldn't work, surely?
Indeed it does - you can just push the parted command using adb push, and then start an adb shell so you can change the file permissions and run it. As I mentioned, I also had to push mkfs.ext4. These both have to be 32-bit ARM ELF binaries to run on the Swift.

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
Indeed it does - you can just push the parted command using adb push, and then start an adb shell so you can change the file permissions and run it. As I mentioned, I also had to push mkfs.ext4. These both have to be 32-bit ARM ELF binaries to run on the Swift.
When you remove the partitions you remove recovery which you're still using to make the changes. Do you just boot the twrp.img to ram via bootloader?

petexd

Dec 2, 2017
Just to add for anyone else interested, I have successfully completed the system change using skm_1's procedure as described. My only difference was I used adb push and pull instead of dd. I did have a problem with /data but I fixed it with twrp. I would suggest sticking the tar /data method if you follow the process.
I also used adb shell for all the other actions (parted and mkfs.ext4). I wasn't sure if skm_1 did that or not.
Anyway I now have a working phone with a bigger system partition so thanks again skm_1 for sharing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to add for anyone else interested, I have successfully completed the system change using skm_1's procedure as described. My only difference was I used adb push and pull instead of dd. I did have a problem with /data but I fixed it with twrp. I would suggest sticking the tar /data method if you follow the process.
    I also used adb shell for all the other actions (parted and mkfs.ext4). I wasn't sure if skm_1 did that or not.
    Anyway I now have a working phone with a bigger system partition so thanks again skm_1 for sharing
    I have also followed skm_1's procedure with success. My difference was I used mke2fs -t ext4 instead of mkfs.ext4 as mke2fs was already in /sbin. I also used the space between 27 (odm) and 28 (persist) without any apparent problems so far, I also have a spare phone I was prepared to brick. I did have a problem installing GApps from multiple sources with notifications of a lack of space even after increasing the size of the System partition by around 60%. This was solved by using the resize option in Twrp recovery (3.5.2_9-0) AFTER installing the latest LineageOS, worked with both 17.1 and unofficial 18.1. After installing LineageOS I selected 'Wipe', 'Advanced Wipe', selected the System partition then selected 'Repair or Change File System' then 'Resize File System', the first time it exited with an error, second time it succeeded, don't click on the back button as you will see no change in the sizes shown, return to the menu and repeat the steps without resizing and you will see the partition has been increased in size. This is not the whole System partition but the part reserved for the OS I assume. After that I was able to install the OpenGapps Pico package, I used a gapps config file to remove some of the apps I do not use from the OS but the full package went on alright, I also managed to install the Flamegapps basic package with no problems, have not tried MindtheGapp.

Thanks skm_1
    Code:
    [COLOR="Purple"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/COLOR]

Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended Lineage recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to make a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on crackling

Official Download link:
    LineageOS Downloads

115ek's test builds (for testers only)
    Downloads

Recommended Google Apps package:
    Open GApps (pico only)

Changelog:
    Changes for crackling

Bug reports:
    How to submit a bug report

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to LineageOS
    Hİ. When will LOS 18.1 arrive? I can't wait to experience it.
    @115ek
    I already uploaded some unofficial 18.1 builds. You can find them here.
    However, I doubt there will be an official 18.1.
    The camera and flashlight are really slow/buggy and I've got less time to fix that. If it's fixable at all. The swift isn't really the fastest device.
    And even worse: The size of the system partition is not sufficient for a gapps installation.
    A repartitioning would be required to comply with the requirements.
    Wait… I understand that resizing /system is needed in order to Treble-ise the Wileyfox Swift.
    Does that mean that you've managed to do it ? Could you tell me how ?
    Now, I only tried this because it was a spare phone and I was prepared to risk bricking it completely, but it went like this:
    Booted phone into TWRP (version 3.2.0.0, for the record) with a blank SD card installed, reformatted card as ext4 so I could dump large files onto it. Downloaded parted and mkfs.ext4, adb push'ed them into /sbin, then ran adb shell and chmod 755'ed /sbin/parted and /sbin/mkfs.ext4 so I could run them. Used "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" to print out the current partition table using "unit s" and "p" so I could take a note of the starting and ending sectors. For me, the system partition started on sector 724064, recovery on 3869792, and userdata on 4568064 ending on 30535646. Then this:
    cd /data tar cvpf /sdcard1/data.tar . cd / umount /data umount /cache umount /sdcard dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 of=/sdcard1/system.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 of=/sdcard1/recovery.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 of=/sdcard1/odm.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 of=/sdcard1/persist.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 of=/sdcard1/cache.part bs=1k dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 of=/sdcard1/frp.part bs=1k
    So I now have partition 31 (/data) dumped to a tar file, and a raw dump of every other partition from 25 (/system) upwards - don't actually need a dump of /system itself but I took one for safety. Then I removed every partition from 25 upwards - at this point, incidentally, if it goes wrong, be it through typo or power loss, that's the ballgame:
    parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 31 rm 30 rm 29 rm 28 rm 27 rm 26 rm 25
    Worked out the new starting and ending sectors to make /system 50% larger, claiming the space from /data. I recreated partitions 25 to 31 - there's an unused gap between 27 (odm) and 28 (persist) which I preserved, not sure if that's necessary. Still within parted, that went like this, bearing in mind that these figures would only stand a chance of working if your partitions started on the same sectors as mine:
    unit s mkpart 25 ext2 724064 5442655 name 25 system mkpart 26 5442656 5508191 name 26 recovery mkpart 27 5508192 5639263 name 27 odm mkpart 28 ext4 5767168 5832703 name 28 persist mkpart 29 ext4 5832704 6139903 name 29 cache mkpart 30 6139904 6140927 name 30 frp mkpart 31 ext4 6140928 30535646 name 31 userdata
    I think parted might have been displaying a warning about the partition ID for each mkpart command - not sure, but it worked anyway. Then I quit out of parted. Next step was to resize the system partition and create ext4 filesystems for persist, cache and userdata:
    e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p29 mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p31
    Then I restored the partition dumps:
    dd if=/sdcard1/recovery.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/odm.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/persist.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/cache.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p29 bs=1k dd if=/sdcard1/frp.part of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 bs=1k mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /data cd /data tar xvpf /sdcard1/data.tar .
    One reboot later, I was back in business with a larger system partition. 18.1 installed fine with MindTheGApps - at least once I'd flashed the proper Lineage recovery. (It was actually only after I went back to 17.1 later on that I restored /data from my backup.) Of course any use you make of this information is entirely at your own risk and I can provide no assistance with recovering borked phones etc. etc. :D
    @ 115ek: Well, i would not know if i would not have the Tablet, which lost offical support of LOS. ;-)
    The Developers from LineageOS for MicroG (LfM) just made new builds on 20210626 for crackling.
    https://download.lineage.microg.org/crackling/

Take a look:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/lineageos-for-microg.3700997/post-85261305

aveilleux: "Yesterday I noticed an updated build for star2lte on the microg downloads site, but no such build exists on the upstream LOS nor has its status changed from unsupported. (I'm currently on 2021-01-18, the last "supported" build from LOS on the MicroG site) I can't seem to find any information about this build elsewhere—no changelog, no references to it on XDA, nothing. Is this build legit?"

kurtn: "This build is untested, but probably OK. Main fault is naming. It should be "-UNOFFICIAL-microG-""

Greets,
    wowi63

Thank you very much for supporting crackling!
    Last time I tried it worked. But you're right - the available space on /system is very rare. I already made some "hacks" to free up some space. You could try to overcome this by installing an older pico gapps package from here which is smaller. It'll update itself if you connect to a wifi network anyway.
    Another thing you could try is using FlameGapps. The final thing would be resizing the /system partition.
    In 2018, there was a way to resize the partitions of the Wileyfox Swift, but it's since apparently been taken down : see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-treble-project-treble-for-wileyfox-swift.3841262/

Has anyone managed to keep a copy of the tool and associated instructions ?